|We were originally incorporated on June 29, 1983 as Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Private Limited, under the Companies Act. Our Company became a deemed public company w.e.f. April 1, 1996 and the word "Private" was deleted on February 17, 1997. Subsequently, on January 1, 1999, we renamed ourselves as Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation with the aforesaid name was issued on October 12, 1999. Our registered office is located at Bhadra Raj Chambers, Swastik Cross Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009. The Company was initially incorporated as a private limited company with Mr. Dilip Patel and Mr. J. R. Vyas as the shareholders and with Mr. J. R. Vyas, Mr. R. T. Vyas, Mr. Dilip Patel and Mr. Mahendra K. Patel as directors. This Company was dormant till 1989. Thereafter, J. R. Vyas, activated this Company and was appointed as the Managing Director of the Company.
Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemical Limited (Dishman) was incorporated as a Pvt. Ltd. Co. in 1983. It became a deemed Public Limited Company with effect form 1st April 1996. After obtaining necessary approval the status was converted into a Public limited company with effect form 1st January 1999.
Dishman is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of chemicals such as Quaternary Compounds (Quats) including Phase Transfer Catalyst (PTC), Bulk Drug & intermediates and Fine & Specialty Chemicals. The Company is recongnised Export house and holding ISO 9002 certificate issued by BVQI, Switzerland.
Dishman has established two wholly owned subsidiaries namely Dishman Europe Ltd. and Dishman Cyprus Ltd. Dishman USA Inc. is Subsidiary of Dishman Cyprus Limited. Dishman Africa (Proprietary) Limited and Pharma Syn BV are subsidiaries of Dishman Europe Limited. Dishman Holland BV is a step down subsidiary of Pharma Syn BV
The Company has also under its fold a Business Center and a Travel Agency operating since the year 1998-99 and the accounts of both are grouped and consolidated in the Profit & Loss account and Balance Sheet of Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Limited.
100% EOU STATUS
Substantial portion of the profits of the Company are exempted from income tax, being profits form undertaking situated at Bavla Unit which is 100% Export Oriented Unit (EOU) approved by Kandla Free Trade Zone. Under the tax holiday the Company can utilize exemption of profits form income taxes for a period of ten consecutive years. The tax benefits are available to the Company for its undertaking situated in Bavla till the year 31/03/2010.
-Securities and Exchange Board of India approves for initial public offering (IPO) for 3,433,400 equity shares of Rs 10 each. the company fixes price at Rs 155-175 per share
-Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd has informed that the UK based Wholly Owned Subsidiary of the Company namely Dishman Europe Ltd has been awarded the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise for five-fold increase in export earnings for the past three years.
-Dishman Pharma has inked deals with a Japanese and East European company for the supply of intermediaries
-Dishman Pharma inks securitisation deal with European co
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd acquires a Manchester UK based Contract Research Company, M/s Synprotec Ltd, through its 100% wholly owned UK based subsidiary company M/s Dishman Europe Ltd.
-Dishman Pharmaceuticals enters into an agreement with NU SCAAN, UK
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
-Dishman Pharmaceuticals successfully completes US FDA inspection for API Eprosartan Mesylate
-Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd has informed that Mr. Divyabhash C Anjaria ceased to be a Director of the Company, upon resignation with effect from February 09, 2007 and his resignation has been accepted by the Board of the Company. Consequent to this, Mr. Divyabhash C Anjaria also ceased to be a member of Audit Committee and Remuneration committee of the Company.
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Ltd (DPCL) has informed that it has concluded the deal with Solvay Pharmaceuticals BV (Solvay), the Netherlands, for acquiring their fine chemicals, vitamim D and vitamin D analogues business. Earlier, an MOU for this was signed on July 09, 2007. As part of this deal all facilities, people and activities located at Solvay's Veenendaal site in the Nether lands and technology, patent and intellectual property rights for fine chemicals, vitamin D and vitamin D analogues business were transferred to Dishman.
- Dishman signed a Co-operation & Joint API Development Agreement.
- Dishman Group announced the formation of a strategic alliance with Codexis, Inc. a California based biotechnology company.
- Customers will benefit from cheaper, cleaner, greener processes manufactured in a low cost environment, a significant differentiator given todayÂs regulatory and market conditions Â said Nick Green, President Dishman CRAMS.
- Dishman Netherlands reaches agreement with Charles Bowman and Company to distribute all their Vitamin D3 products in North America; which will provide them with good growth opportunities for the animal feed market.
- Dishman Netherlands is pleased to announce that the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) successfully audited its facility in Veenendaal. The audit has been concluded without 483 Inspectional Observations.
- CEO of Dishman Netherlands ÂWe are very proud of this significant achievementÂ states Henk Pluim, ''It is allowing us to supply commercial APIs to the US market produced in our new HiPo facility. Our Quality Assurance Management is audited by customers and local authorities quite often, but a successful FDA inspection is the icing on the cakeÂ.
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Ltd has informed that Company's Wholly Owned Subsidiary company, namely Carbogen Amcis AG., Switzerland has acquired Creapharm Parenterals, a subsidiary of France based Greapharm Group.
-Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Ltd has been appointed Mark C. Griffiths as Chief Executive Officer of the company.
-Mr. Tushar Shah has been appointed as a "Company Secretary and Compliance officer" of the Company.
- Dishman Pharma gets license to manufacture TB medicine
- Dishman has been awarded manufacture of SIRTURO (bedaquiline) API