- The company was originally incorporated as a private limited company
on 29 March, and was subsequently converted into a public limited
company on 10 March 1992. The main object of the company is Dredging
activity i.e. engaged in executing capital and maintenance dreadging
for ports to open new parts and/or to expand the existing ports.
- Due to the difficulties experienced in catering to specialised
dredging requirements the Government of India decided to incorporate a
fully owned Govt. company under the Companies Act, 1956.
- Marine dredging ships are equipped with sophisticated equipment
incorporating latest technology. There are 3 nos. cutter section
dredgers having a pumping capacity of 1000 cu.m./hr to 3640 cu.m./hr.,
8 nos. trailer suction dredgers having a hopper capacity of 3450 cu.m.
to 6500 cu.m. and 3 nos. inland dredgers having a pumping capacity of
100 to 200 cu.m./hr.
- Over the years, the corporation has developed expertise and
capability to undertake capital and maintenance dredging land
reclamation, desiltation of lakes and ponds, salvage and towage etc.
- 280,00,00 No. of equity shares issued, subscribed and paid up (1,400
shares of these fully paid up; 279,98,600 shares issued for
consideration other than cash).
- It has acquired 3 Portable Cutter Suction Dredgers with a total
capacity of 16 lakh cu.m. Unlike the bigger sea going dredgers, these
portable dredgers can be dismantled into smaller sections, transported
on the road and reassembled in whichever site it is required to work.
-Dredging Corporation is in the hunt for strategic partner in a bid to get more
exposure in foreign waters.
-BSE informed its members that special margin of 25% has been imposed
on dredging Corporation.
-The crew/monthly paid workers at the behest of their union, Forward Seimens
Union of India served notice to the management of the company that they
would commence their work to rule the agitation on DCI Dredgers.
-Dr Ramesh Gupta has ceased to be the directors of the Dredging Corporation
of India on completion of his term of 3 years.
-Dr.S Kathiroli, Project Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology has been
appointed as part time non-official director on the board of Dredging Corporation
of India Ltd.
-Comes out with public issue of 5.60 million equity shares, receives the highest subscription for a public offer of the government's stake in a big-ticket company, cut-off price fixed at Rs 400 per share
- Dredging Corporation Of India Limited has informed that 'Ministry vide its letter No.PO-28028/20/2006-DCI dtd.7/9/2007 informed the appointment of Capt. S.S.Tripathi as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the company. Capt Tripathi assumed charge as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the company on 12/9/2007 from Shri A.K.Dhar. Shri A.K.Dhar was holding the charge Chairman-cum-Managing Director DCI in addition to his duties as Director (Finance)'.