- The company was originally incorporated as a private limited company
on 29 March, and was subsequently converted into a public limited
company on 10 March 1992. The main object of the company is Dredging
activity i.e. engaged in executing capital and maintenance dreadging
for ports to open new parts and/or to expand the existing ports.
- Due to the difficulties experienced in catering to specialised
dredging requirements the Government of India decided to incorporate a
fully owned Govt. company under the Companies Act, 1956.
- Marine dredging ships are equipped with sophisticated equipment
incorporating latest technology. There are 3 nos. cutter section
dredgers having a pumping capacity of 1000 cu.m./hr to 3640 cu.m./hr.,
8 nos. trailer suction dredgers having a hopper capacity of 3450 cu.m.
to 6500 cu.m. and 3 nos. inland dredgers having a pumping capacity of
100 to 200 cu.m./hr.
- Over the years, the corporation has developed expertise and
capability to undertake capital and maintenance dredging land
reclamation, desiltation of lakes and ponds, salvage and towage etc.
- 280,00,00 No. of equity shares issued, subscribed and paid up (1,400
shares of these fully paid up; 279,98,600 shares issued for
consideration other than cash).
- It has acquired 3 Portable Cutter Suction Dredgers with a total
capacity of 16 lakh cu.m. Unlike the bigger sea going dredgers, these
portable dredgers can be dismantled into smaller sections, transported
on the road and reassembled in whichever site it is required to work.
-Dredging Corporation is in the hunt for strategic partner in a bid to get more
exposure in foreign waters.
-BSE informed its members that special margin of 25% has been imposed
on dredging Corporation.
-The crew/monthly paid workers at the behest of their union, Forward Seimens
Union of India served notice to the management of the company that they
would commence their work to rule the agitation on DCI Dredgers.
-Dr Ramesh Gupta has ceased to be the directors of the Dredging Corporation
of India on completion of his term of 3 years.
-Dr.S Kathiroli, Project Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology has been
appointed as part time non-official director on the board of Dredging Corporation
of India Ltd.
-Comes out with public issue of 5.60 million equity shares, receives the highest subscription for a public offer of the government's stake in a big-ticket company, cut-off price fixed at Rs 400 per share
- Dredging Corporation Of India Limited has informed that "Ministry vide its letter No.PO-28028/20/2006-DCI dtd.7/9/2007 informed the appointment of Capt. S.S.Tripathi as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the company. Capt Tripathi assumed charge as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of the company on 12/9/2007 from Shri A.K.Dhar. Shri A.K.Dhar was holding the charge Chairman-cum-Managing Director DCI in addition to his duties as Director (Finance)".
- Dredging Corporation of India Ltd - Appointment of Directors.
- Dredging Corporation of India stocks likely to benefit MF sc.
- Dredging Corporation Board declares interim dividend.
- Dredging Corporation Board to consider dividend.
- DCI seeks rate revision for Sethusamudram project.
- Dredging Corporation Board to consider Dividend.
- Dredging Corporation of India Ltd (DCI) has informed BSE that DCI signed an agreement with IHC Dredgers BV, Netherlands for design, construction and delivery Of two Trailer Suction Hopper Dredgers of 5500 Cu.M Hopper Capacity each at a total cost of about Rs. 900 Crore.
- Dredging Corp - Board recommends Dividend.
- Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed BSE that the Company signed a contract with IHC Dredgers BV, Netherlands for design, construction and delivery of one Trailer Suction Hopper Dredger of 5500 Cu.M Hopper Capacity at a total cost of about Rs. 500 Crores.
- Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed BSE that Ministry of Shipping, Government of India vide its letter dated October 17, 2011 informed the appointment of Shri S. Balachandran and Shri Vinai Kumar Agarwal as Non-official Part-time Directors on the Board of the Company for a period of three years w.e.f. the date of joining the Board or until further orders whichever is earlier. Shri S. Balachandran and Shri Vinai Kumar Agarwal assumed charge as Non-official Part-time Directors w.e.f. November 11, 2011.
- Ministry of Shipping vide its letters dated March 04, 2011 informed the relief of Capt S. S. Tripathi, Chairman and Managing Director from the services of the Corporation and assignment of additional charge of the duties for the post of Chairman and Managing Director to Shri P. V. Ramana Murthy, Director (Finance) with immediate effect.
- A meeting was held jointly by Dredging Corporation of India Limited and Little Angles School at Little Angels School, Sector-3, M.V.P.Colony, Visakhapatnam at which prizes were given away to winners in painting competitions held in con nection with ''Vigilance Awareness Week 2012''.
- Dredging Corporation of India Ltd. celebrated World Environment Day. To mark the
occasion and the theme ''Green Economy: Does it include you ?'' A Cycle Rally involving
employees, children and morning walkers was organized. The Cycle Rally was flagged off by
Capt. D.K. Mohanty, CMD at 06.00 AM from Kalimatha Temple, R.K. Beach to Park Hotel.
- "Day of the Seafarer" ...Massage from our CMD .. 25th June 2012.
-Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company have recommended Dividend @ 20% on paid up equity share capital of Rs. 2800 lakhs amounting to Rs. 2 per equity share of Rs. 10 for approval of shareholders at the ensuing AGM.
-Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed that Ministry of Shipping, Government of India vide its letter dated April 03,2013, informed the appointment of Shri B. Poiyaamozhi, Development Advisor, (Ports) as Part-time Official Director on the Board of the Company w.e.f. April 03, 2013.
-Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company has declared dividend @ 30% on the paid-up share capital of the Company i.e., Rs. 3.00 (Three Rupees only) per equity share of Rs. 10/- each.
-Dredging Corporation of India Ltd has informed that appointment of Shri S.Charles as Director (Finance) of the Company.
-39th Formation day Celebration held at Kalavani, Port Stadium, Visakhapatnam