|Our Company was incorporated on November 21, 1995
as a public limited company. Our Company received its
certificate for commencement of business on January 16, 1996.
The Company commenced investment banking
activities and registered with SEBI as a "Category
I Merchant Banker" (as defined under the Securities and
Exchange Board of India (Merchant Bankers) Rules, 1992)
and thereafter as a "Portfolio Manager" (as defined
under the Securities and Exchange Board of India
(Portfolio Managers) Rules, 1993) and as an "underwriter"
under the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Underwriting)
Regulations, 1993. We entered the business of
securities broking in the year 2002 by acquisition of Rooshnil
Securities Private limited which later changed to
Edelweiss Securities Private Limited and is presently known as
Edelweiss Securities Limited. The year 2004
witnessed the foray of the Company into the businesses of
insurance advisory as well as commodities broking
and trading. The business of insurance advisory is carried
through the subsidiary, Edelweiss Insurance Brokers
Limited. The subsidiary, ECAL Advisors Limited carries on the
business of commodities broking and trading.
The Company also has its presence in non banking financial
activities through its subsidiaries, Crossborder
Investments Private Limited (acquired in the year 2000)
and ECL Finance Limited (incorporated in the year
2005) which are NBFCÂs. Edelweiss Real Estate Advisors
Private Limited, which was previously our subsidiary
and our subsidiary Edelweiss Trustee Services Private Limited,
were incorporated in the year 2006, for
launching the companyÂs first real estate fund which was
registered with the SEBI as a "Venture Capital Fund"
(as defined under the SEBI (Venture Capital Funds) Regulations, 1996)
The Company raised funds through private equity
from Connect Capital Holdings in the year 2000. Greater
Pacific Capital (GPC) concluded a strategic investment
in the Company in October 2005. Apart from fresh
Investment in the Company, GPC also bought out Connect Capital
HoldingsÂ stake in the Company, thereby
taking its equity stake to 20%. The Company also attracted
capital from Galleon Diversified Fund, Heliconia Pte
Ltd (which is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of GIC
(Ventures) Pte Ltd held through a wholly owned
subsidiary Lathe Investment Pte Ltd), BIH SA and Shuaa Capital
in 2006. Recently, investment in the company
was made by Lehman Brothers Netherlands Horizons BV
and Galleon Special Opportunities Master Fund
Limited Â Galleon Crossover Segregated Portfolio.
The Company does not have any strategic or financialpartners.
2000 Acquisition of Crossborder Investments Private Limited
2001 F & O license obtained in the year 2001
2002 NBFC registration of Crossborder Investments Private Limited
Acquisition of Rooshnil Securities Private Limited
2004 Commencement of Commodity Broking
2005 Commencement of Insurance Broking
2006 NBFC registration of ECL Finance Limited
2006 Managed the first Qualified Institutional Placement
under the new regulatory framework in India.
2006 Advised the first AIM listing of a listed Indian corporate.
2007 Clearing Member License
-Edelweiss Capital Limited has informed that: "The Board of Directors of Edelweiss Capital Limited, vide a Circular Resolution passed on April 7, 2008 have approved change in the Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company from Ms. Smruti Jhaveri to Mr. Chetan Gandhi".
-Edelweiss gets Sebi nod to launch MF
- Edelweiss Capital Ltd has appointed Mr. Berjis Desai as an Additional (Independent) Director on the Board of Directors of the Company w.e.f. November 18, 2009.
-Edelweiss forms venture with Tokio Marine
-Edelweiss Capital buys Anagram for Rs 164 cr
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 5 to Re 1
-Edelweiss Financial Services has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Edelweiss Capital Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated January 11, 2011 titled "Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance gets initial approval from IRDA".
- Announcing the change in directorate, Edelweiss Financial Services said it has appointed former Finance Secretary as an Independent Director on its board.
- Edelweiss Capital Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated August 09, 2011 titled "Edelweiss Capital Ltd is now Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd".
-Company has changed its name from Edelweiss Capital Ltd. to Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd.
- Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd has informed BSE that the Compensation (ESOP) Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on April 26, 2012 approved the Grant of 2,10,92,600 Stock Options to the Eligible Employees under the 'Edelweiss Employees Stock Incentive Plan 2011".
- Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated June 14, 2012 titled "Edelweiss Financial Services appoints Mr. Amitava Pal as SVP & COO, Treasury".
- Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated January 30, 2012, titled "Edelweiss and SBI Holdings of Japan to jointly sponsor Alternative Asset Management Fund".
-appointment of Mr. Rujan Panjwani as an Executive Director.
-Edelweiss Financial Services appoints Riyaz Marfatia as Managing Partner, Global Wealth Management
-The has declared an interim dividend of Re.0.55 per equity share of the face value of Re.1/- each for the year 2013-14.
-Edelweiss Financial Services acquires Forefront Capital Management
-Edelweiss Expands its Presence in Karnataka Launches Edelweiss Tokio Life
Office at Mysore
-Edelweiss Expands its Presence in Andhra Pradesh Launches Edelweiss Tokio
Life Office at Visakhapatnam