1963 - The Company was incorporated. The main objects of the Company is
Mining of china clay and manufacture of processed china clay for
paper, textiles, rubber, plastics, ceramics, insecticides, etc.
1981 - 1,20,000 shares allotted to English China Clays, p.l.c., UK,
against the import of technical know-how and plant and machinery
without payment in cash.
1993 - The Company commissioned the Pondicherry project and commenced
- The Company is the main promoter of the citric acid project being
implemented by its associate company viz. Bharat Starch
- The Company issued 4,00,000-17% partly convertible debentures of
Rs 300 each.
- Part-A of Rs 200 was converted into 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each
at a premium of Rs 90 per share.
- Part-B of Rs 100 each were to be redeemed at par on 31st January
2001 with an option of redemption on 31st January 1997 if
mutually agreed to by the debenture holders and the Company.
1994 - 8,00,000 shares allotted on part conversion of PCD. 15,10,450
bonus equity shares issued as bonus equity shares. Another
12,10,450 shares issued.
-English Indian Clays Ltd has entered into Agreements with Wolkem Clay Pvt. Ltd. (WCPL), Kollam and Wolkem Industries Ltd. (WIL), Udaipur on September 03, 2007 towards purchase of the assets of WCPL & WIL respectively which was approved by the Committee of Directors in their meeting held on September 03, 2007.
- English Indian Clays Ltd has appointed Mr. Rahul Gupta as the Executive Director of the Company for a period of 5 years w.e.f. March 02, 2009, U/s 269 read with Schedule XIII of the Companies Act, 1956.