1983 - Oberoi Associated Hotels Ltd. was incorporated on 21st March, as
a public limited company in the state of Tamil Nadu and
obtained Certificate of Commencement on 10th June. The Company
was promoted by the Rane Group.
- Pleasant Hotels, Ltd., entered into a franchise agreement with
Ramada (U.K.) Ltd. on 6th November, 1984.
- The Company proposed to set up 'Ramada Madras' a 5 star deluxe
hotel adjacent to Chennai airport.
- Gherzi Eastern, Ltd., a Mumbai based company, was appointed to
provide detailed architectural planning and designing of
technical installations and utilities.
1987 - 25,00,000 shares issued at par out of which the following shares
were reserved or preferential allotment. (i) 2,62,500 shares to
employees (including Indian working directors)/workers of the
Company (only 800 shares taken up) and (ii) 10,00,000 shares to
non-resident Indians on repatriation basis (only 74,100 shares
taken up). The balance 12,37,500 shares along with the
unsubscribed portion of 11,87,600 shares out of the preferential
quota, were offered for public subscription during Jan.-Feb.
1989 - The name of the Company was changed from Pleasant Hotels, Ltd.
to Oberoi Associated Hotels, Ltd. effective from 25th October.
1995 - 52,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a prem. of Rs 24
per share allotted on rights basis in prop. of 1:1.
1996 - The name of the company has been changed to EIH Associated Hotels
Ltd. with effect from 1st November.
1997 - The company has opened its deluxe hotel 'Rajvilas' in Jaipur.
2001 - EIH Associated Hotels Ltd has acquired about 1.62 lakh sq ft of space at the
Bandra-Kurla complex in Mumbai from the Mumbai Metropolitan Regional
Development Authority for Rs 121 crore.
- EIH, which owns and operates the Oberoi hotels, has reduced its staff strength by 465 across its properties in Mumbai, Delhi and Calcutta. With this cut, the VRS scheme introduced in
1998-99 is now complete.
- EIH Associated Hotels Ltd has informed that Mr. Sudipto Sarkar, Bar-at-Law and Senior Advocate has been appointed as Additional Director.
Mr. Sudipto Sarkar is an Independent Director.