1988 - Elder Health Care Limited was incorporated as a Private Limited
Company on 21st March, and was converted into Public Limited
Company with effect from 29th July, 1992.
- The Company commenced production of formulation with
manufacturing base taken on Loan Licence from Gan Pharmaceuticals
Ltd., Elder Pharmaceutical Ltd., Ethical Pharmaceuticals Ltd.,
Sanjiveeni Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd.
- EHCL was promted by Mr. Jagdish Saxena and Elder Pharmaceuticals
1993 - The Company's proposed unit has been provisionally registered as
an S.S.I unit.
- The Company's authorised capital was raised first from Rs.
5,00,000/- to Rs. 1,50,00,000/- and then to Rs.6,00,00,000/- by
creating additional equity shares of Rs.10/- each and the paid-up
capital was increased from Rs. 5,00,000/- to Rs. 1,49,53,000/-.
1994 - The Company entered the capital market with a public of issue of
10,52,100 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10/- each for cash at par
aggregating Rs. 1,05,21,000/-.
1995 - The production of Tiger Balm has already started at Company's
manufacturing unit at patalganga.
1999 - Elder Healthcare, the city-based Rs 140-crore (Rs 1.4 billion)
pharmaceutical company, has entered into a joint venture with
US-based Sensodyne paste manufacturer Stafford Miller, the 100
per cent subsidiary of the $900 million Block Drug Company.
- Elder Pharmaceuticals is set to launch the world's number one
brand in sensitive toothpastes -- Sensodyne.
2000 - The company's equal joint venture with Rottapharm of Italy
called Earth Wind and Fire Pharmaceuticals (EWF) has signed an
agreement with French company Sanofi-Synthelabo to market the
latter's pacemaker products in the country.
- The company issue and allot 46,63,300 No. of equity shares of Rs.
10/- each at a price of Rs. 22/- per shares or at such other
price as may be approved, to Hawpar Health Care Ltd., Singapore
and/or its affilitates/subsidiaries by way of preferential
allotment so as to enable them to hold upto 51% of the post
2001 - Elder Healthcare Ltd. has opted for a 30:70 joint venture for 'Tiger Balm' project
with Singapore-based Haw Par Health Care.
- The Company joint venture agreement entered into with Haw Par Health Care Ltd.
(60 per cent foreign participation), Sat Pal Khattar (14 per cent NRI participation) and
the company and Elder Health Care Ltd (26 per cent Indian participation) on 29th March.
- Elder Health Care Ltd has appointed Mrs. Urvashi Saxena as an Additional Director of the company with effect from August 18, 2010.