Home  »  Company  »  Elgi Equipments Ltd.  »  Quotes  »  Company History
Enter the first few characters of Company and click 'Go'

Elgi Equipments Ltd. Company History and Annual Growth Details

Elgi Equipments Ltd. was incorporated as a private limited Company in 1960 and converted into a Public Limited Company in January 1975.

The company manufactures Reciprocating & Screw Type Air - Compressors, Car Washers Hydraulic Hoist, Lubricating Equipment, Pneumatic Horns, Power brakes, & Automatic Pasteurising Plants for Beer & Soft drink Industry.

The company has entered into a second agreement with M/s Sullair Corporation U.S.A. for production of high pressure screw compressors & has already commenced production.

The company has technical collaborations with a number of prominent international players including Pumpen Fabrik Urach, Landweher and Gobel of Germany and CECCATO of Italy. Air compressors account for about 60 per cent of the turnover of the company; the other 40 per cent is accounted for by its other diverse products. Today, Elgi also specialises in custom-built solutions.

2000 - Elgi Equipments proposes to sub-divide its face value of equity
shares. It also plans to alter certain clauses of Memorandum and
Articles of Association.

- Elgi Equipments Ltd. has recommended a 1:1 bonus, the fifth in
its history.

- Crisil has reaffirmed the A+ rating assigned to the Rs 10 crore
non convertible debenture isue of Elgi Equipments.

- Trading in 16 per cent non-convertible debentures series-N1 of
Elgi Equipments Ltd. shall be suspended effective from August 23,
on account of part-redemption to the extent of Rs 16.

- The Company has tied up with Snap-on Technologies, of USA to
provide comprehensive service station solutions.

- The Company, a major manufacturer of air compressors and
service station equipment, has entered into technical collaborations with
Hitachi to produce oil-free air compressors in the country.

- The Company also tied-up with Samsung Techwin Co. Ltd., an affiliate of the
South Korean Samsung group, to bring to India its centrifugal compressor.

- The Company issued 10,00,000 tradable equity warrants to the 12-per cent NCD
holders on rights basis in December 1995.

2001 - The Company has sub-divided the equity shares of Rs 10 each into equity shares of
Rs 1 each and on September 1, 2000, bonus shares in the ratio of one equity share for
every share held were allotted.


-Showcases its smallest air compressor at the Hannover fair in Germany.

-BOD voluntarily takes decision to delist the company's equity shares from Madras Stock Exchanges.

-Mr P Vanchinathan gives resignation as the Company Secretary and BOD appoints Mr S Ramachandran as Manager Accounts and Secretarial as the Compliance officer of the company.

-Members approve for the acquisition of M/s Adisons Precision Instruments Manufacturing Co. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.

-Mr N C Ramachandran, the Director of the company expires.

-Ties up with US based Fortune 500 company.

-Wins an order for the supply of Oil-free screw compressor from Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation for its thermal power plant.

-Due to the demise of Mr N C Ramachandran, Director on August 17, 2003 the Board has appointed Dr. Ganesh Devaraj as Additional Director. This decision was taken by the Board in their meeting held on October 30, 2003.


-Elgi Equipments Ltd has informed that the company's shares are voluntarily delisted from the Madras Stock Exchange (MSE) wef January 7, 2004.


-Elgi Equipments Ltd has secured orders from two steel plants for supply of centrifugal air compressors valued at Rs 3.2 crore
Oct 28, 1:45 pm
Oct 28, 1:44 pm
Subscribe now to get personal finance updates in your inbox!