-Energy Development Company Ltd has signed a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Hubli Electricity Supply Company Ltd (HESCOM) in respect of its 6 Mw Harangi Phase - 2 Minihydel Project, which is subject to approval of the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC).
- Energy Development Company Ltd has informed that the Company has signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with Government of Arunachal Pradesh to develop 5 (Five) Hydro Electric Projects totaling to 210 MWs on BOOT basis.
- The Company has acquired the 100% equity shares in the capital of Dhanashree Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- The Company has acquired the 100% equity shares in the capital of EDCL Power Projects Ltd.
- The Company has awarded a contract of Rs.19.50 crores approx for earthwork in filling with required compactation in railway embankment, construction of minor bridges etc. to be completed within a period of 15 months.
- The Company has received sub-contract for Turnkey implementation of Rajiv Gandhi Gram Vidyut Yojna scheme in Manipur towards supply and erection of 33/11 KV and LT systems, distribution, sub-station etc. for Rs. 56.70 crores to be completed in 18 months.
- The Company has been awarded contract valued approx Rs 31.00 crore approx for construction / replacement of bridges by Government of Tripura. The contract is to be completed within a period of 2 years.
- The Company has been awarded contract valued approx Rs. 22.84 crore for construction of 6 No. RCC Bridges by the Government of Tripura. The Contract is to be completed within a period of 24 months.
- The Company has formed a 100% subsidiary Company in the name of "EDCL (EUROPE) LIMITED" in the state of United Kingdom for trading & consultancy business.
- The Company (consortium) has been awarded a contract for Design, Detailed Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply, Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Putting into Commercial use of Turbine, Generator and associated equipment in respect of Kumbhe Hydro Electric Project (1 x 10 MW) from the Government of Maharashtra for a value of Rs. 20 Crores.
- The Company has entered into a contract with Uttarakhand Jal Vidhyut Nigam Limited for Engineering, Procurement and Construction of 2 X 135 MW Limchangad Hydra Electric Project.
-Mr. Indranil Banerjee has been appointed as the 'Compliance Officer of the company.
-Mr. Prem Chand Kankaria, has been appointed as the Company Secretary and shall also be the Compliance Officer of the Company.
-The company has recommended payment of Dividend @ 8% on the paid-up share capital of the Company (Re. 0.80 per equity shares of Rs. 10/- each) .
-Energy Development Companyâs subsidiary synchronizes unit 2 of Kerala project.
-The company has appointed Mr. Bijay Kumar Garodia, as an Additional Director (Independent) of the Company.