|The Company is a Government Company and was originally incorporated in New Delhi on March 15, 1965 under the Companies Act as a private limited company under the name ÂEngineers India Private LimitedÂ pursuant to a formation agreement dated November 20, 1964 and in accordance with a memorandum of agreement dated June 27, 1964, both between the Government of India and BIC. Thereafter, the memorandum of agreement, the formation agreement and a subsequent technical services agreement entered into by the Company and Bechtel Overseas Corporation BOC were terminated by mutual consent in accordance with an agreement between the Government of India, BIC and BOC in May 1967. In accordance with the terms of this agreement the Company also entered into separate agreements for mutual release in June 1967 with BOC and BIC whereby the parties mutually agreed to forever discharge and release the other party and its officers, employees from all liabilities, obligations and duties under the terminated agreements.
- Incorporated pursuant to a formation agreement dated November 20, 1964 and in accordance with a memorandum of agreement dated June 27, 1964 both between the Government of India and BIC.
- Commenced work in the refineries segment.
- Termination of the agreements with BIC and acquisition of the equity shares of the Company held by BIC by the Government of India.
- Commenced work in the petrochemicals segment.
- Commenced first international assignment.
- Commenced work in fertilizers segment.
- Commenced work in the metallurgy segment.
- Entered into offshore oil and gas processing segment.
- Commenced work in the pipelines segment.
- Commenced work in onshore oil and gas processing segment.
- The Company set up its own research and development centre at Gurgaon.
- The Subsidiary, Certification Engineers International Limited was set up.
- The Government of India disinvested about 6% of its holding in the Company through a private placement to certain banks, mutual funds etc.
- Listing on the BSE and NSE.
- Mini Ratna status accorded to the Company.
- Commenced execution of lump sum turn key projects.
- Commenced work in the infrastructure sector.
- Commenced providing engineering engineering procurement construction management services in relation to sub-surface crude storages.
- Established the joint venture company TEIL Projects Limited with Tata Projects Limited.
- Special interim dividend of 1000%
- The Company undertook a further public offer of 10% of its paid-up Equity Share capital by way of an offer for sale by the Promoter.
- Established the joint venture company Jabal EILIOT Company Limited with Jabal Dhahran Company Limited and IOT Infrastructure & Energy Services Limited in the KSA.
- Commenced work in the nuclear energy segment.
- Commenced work in the solar energy segment.
-Entered into production sharing contract with the GoI for exploration blocks.
-EIL receives scope award for Best HR Practices.
-EIL Signs MoA with Oil India Ltd.
-EIL bags Intgrated Refinery Expansion Project of BPCL, Kochi.
-EIL receives SCOPE Award for R D Technology Development and Innovation.
-Engineers India honours founding fathers on 50th Foundation Day .
-Engineers India wins contract from Brass Fertilizer
-Abu Dhabi office wins Rs 150 cr orders
-EIL signs MoU for 2015-16 with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
-Commissioning of Solvent Deoiling Plant licensed by EIL at Numaligarh
-EIL, NFL & FCIL sign JV Agreement to revive Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant
-EIL honoured with CIDC Awards
-EIL conferred with India Pride Award 2014-15 for CSR/Environment Protection and Conservation
-"EIL signs contract with Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) for providing PMC Services for "Installation of ERL Unit-2" in Bangladesh".
-"Sonangol awards Services for Lobito Refinery Project to EIL".
-Engineers India surged three per cent, hitting 52-week high, on the Bombay Stock Exchange ahead of the stock turning ex-bonus in the ratio of 1:1 on December 30, 2016.