|The company was incorporated on 4th February, 1985 at Delhi. It manufacture polyester chips and all kinds of films tapes, discs, cassettes and other electronic products. The company was promoted by Sitaram Singhania in association with Saraswati Trading Company Limited, a non-resident body corporate. Commercial production of polyester chips, polyester film and dyed polyester filament commenced from 1st July, 1988. The company entered into technical collaboration agreement for polyester chips plant with Lutrans Limited, Lurich, Switzerland for technical know-how and services for which it was to receive a lumpsum fee of US $110000. It also entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Lindauer Dornier GmbH, West Germany. The profitability of the company would have been still better but for poor availability and higher price of raw material in the first six months followed by a strike at Khatima Plant from March to April 1990. During 1989-90, the company changed its name from Ester India Limited to Ester Industries Limited.
-The shareholders have approved to delist the equity shares of the company from Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Kanpur, & Bangalore Stock Exchanges.
Ester Industries Ltd has informed that the equity shares of the company have been delisted from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd wef March 31, 2004.
- Mr. Dinesh Kothari and Mr. M S Ramachandran had been appointed as Directors of the Company.
- An Interim Dividend of Rs. 2/- per equity share (40% on Equity Share of Rs. 5/- each).
- Setting up of a Polyester Film Line of 30,000 MTPA capacity at an estimated capital expenditure of Rs. 175 Crores.
- "Installation of Continuous Polymerization (CP) plant & Additional Metalizing unit".
- "Installation of BOPET Film plant of 30,000 MTPA capacity".
- The Company has been listed in National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- The Company has appointed Mr. Diwaker Dinesh as Company Secretary and compliance officer.
-Companys Gurgaon Head Office has been shifted from 2nd Floor, Tower A, DLF Building No. 8, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase-ll, Sector-25, Gurgaon - 122002 to Block-A, Plot No. 11, Infocity-I, Sector - 33 & 34, Gurgaon - 122001 w.e.f March 25, 2013.
-Ester Industries has recommended a Final Dividend for the year 2013-14 @ 10% on Equity Share of Rs. 5 each.
-"Ester Industries LtdÂs products gain recognition at the 6th National Awards for Technology Innovation 2015-16 in Petrochemicals under the category of Innovation in Polymeric Materials".