- The company was incorporated at Travancore. The company is a public
sector undertaking by the Govt. of India.
- The main objects of the company is to manufacture fertilisers &
chemicals. The products manufactured are ammonium sulphate, ammonium
phosphate, super phosphate, ultrafos, NPX mixtures and anhydrouse
ammonia, sulphuric acid, ammonium chloride, and sulphurdioxide.
- The company started its R&D centre to take imported activities. The
Govt. approved the setting up of a new fertiliser factory at Cochin
with capacity of 200,000 tonnes of ammonia.
- The company entered into an agreement with power gas corporation Ltd.
U.K. for the exchange of technical knowhow developed by the company for
the manufacture of ammonium sulphate from by-product gypsum obtained
from the phosphoric acid plant.
- FACT (Cochin Division) won the FAI award for best environment
protection of an operating complex fertiliser plant.
- FACT (Cochin Division) also won the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Award
for Excellence in Indian Industries.
- The Petrochemical Division was awarded the Certificate of
Appreciation by the Kerala State Pollution Control Board.
- The Consultancy Division of the Company has received international
accreditation ISO 9001.
- A 900 TPD Sulphuric Acid Plant is proposed to be set up at Ambalamedu
to utilise the under-utilised capacity of the Phosphoric Acid Plant
- The Company won the Ever Rolling Trophy of the Cochin Town Official
Language Implementation Committee for the 6th year in succession.
- FACT was awarded the Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering
award for performance excellence for the year.
- The ammonia plant is set up with financial assistance from the
Japanese Overseas Development Fund.
- Cochin Division was also awarded the National Safety Council's Award
for Industrial Safety for safe handling of Ammonia and other raw
materials at Willingdon Island.
- FACT proposal to set up two captive power plants has got a further
boost with the Union government deciding to allow private sector to
install power plant in the factory.
- The Company has entered into an MoU with the Union Government on its
- The company had to set up a new ammonia plant following a High Court
directive to decommission FACT's ammonia storage facility at Willingdon
- The Company has signed a tripartite agreement with CDSL and Cameo
Corporate Ser. Ltd.
- Kerala's crisis-stricken public sector giant, Fertilisers and
Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) will have a new helmsman from within
the organisation, TT Thomas, who was director (marketing) has been
appointed acting chairman & managing director of the multi-division
company headquartered at Udyogamandal.
-FACT has announced VRS for which 428 employees have opted for.
-FACT has informed BSE that Government of India, Ministry of Disinvestment
has constituted an inter Ministerial Group for the purpose of disinvestment
of 51% of stake of FACT.
-Shri.P.R Balasubramanian has assumed the charge for the post
of Chairman and Managing Director of Fertilisers and Chemical
-FACT Employees Association, affiliated to Bharatiya Kamghar Sena
said that the curruption by the management has resulted in
financial crisis of the FACT.
-Government has invited Expression of Interest for the disinvestment
of Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd.
-Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd., has closed down two
of its plants at Cochin division due to fuel shortage. And has also
issued orders to shut down its plants at Kochi and Udyagamandal
-Kochi Save Fact Action Committee has mooted a multi-stage
co-operative society under MSCS Act 1984 to acquire Fertilisers
and Chemicals Travancore Ltd.
-The employees have initiated a snap strike as they were beaten up
by the police and CISF.
-IFFCO Managing Director, Mr Uday Shankar Awasthy visited FACT
and has given positive response on the hopes of revival of the
-With the January 10 deadline approaching and response to the VRS offer very poor, the management of Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT) is considering diluting the conditions and introducing leave encashment to attract more workers.
- Shri S Balan, Chairman & Managing Director, Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilisers Ltd has assumed additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director of the company.
-Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) at nearby Udyogamandal has set up a grievance cell with a view to provide more services to the farming community
-Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Ltd (FACT) has signed a 'heads of agreement' with Gail (India) Ltd for supply of LNG from the proposed terminal at Kochi for FACT's fertiliser and petrochemical units
-FACT to join hands with Syrian firm.
-FACT signs MoU to make gypsum-based building materials
- Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Ltd has informed that Shri A. Asokan, Director (Marketing) has taken over the additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of the Company with effect from December 01, 2009.