|The Company under the name Filtron Engineers Pvt. Limited was
incorporated on April 16th, 1982 as a Private limited Company registered
with Registrar of Companies Bombay, Maharashtra and commenced its
operations on July 1st, 1984. Subsequently the Company was converted into Public Limited Company on 7th November, 1994 and a fresh Certificate of Incorporation was obtained on 13.11.1994 from the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra.
Filtron Engineers Limited is engaged in the activity of design,
manufacture, supply of equipments for process industries and in particular for dairy and food industries. The Company specialises in
project engineering activities for supply of Complete process plants for
these industries on turnkey basis. The Company has a well experienced
team of engineers and professionals to take up such work on competitive
The nature of business undertaken by the Company can be described as follows:
- The Company provides detailed engineering design for the complete process plant.
- After the plan is approved the Company selects the equipment for the processing of the product. It organises for the procurement of equipment both for the main product processing and the required utilities like steam, electricity, process water etc.
- Co-ordinates the activities of architects, civil engineers and helps
in liasioning with statutory bodies like Electrical and Boiler Inspectorate.
- Organises the installation of all equipment.
- Provide requisite support for the customers by providing necessary
after sales support.
Supplies and turnkey assignments for process industries can be
categorised in following manner:-
1. Reception, storage and processing equipment for milk and milk products like ghee, ice cream, butter, etc. for the dairy industry on
turnkey basis including auxiliary services like steam generation and
Has executed orders for Ravileela Dairy Products Ltd.,Shrirampur Zilla Dudh Utpadak Sangh, Kamataka Milk Federation etc.
2. Reception and storage equipment and processing plant for the
manufacture of fruit juice, concentration there of and manufacture of other by-products like fruit jams, ketchups, etc.
The Company is also able to offer complete processing plants for tomato puree/paste, banana puree apart from other juice processing units.
The Company has orders on hand from Popular Herbal Pvt. Ltd., MIFCO and Asian Agro Ltd.
3. The company is also able to supply knowhow for manufacture of different varieties of cheeses of both cottage and processed varieties. The company is already executing order for supply of equipment for project involving manufacture of pastafilata/mozzarella cheese and processed cheese.
The Company is presently executing orders for Nesari Dairy Products Ltd.
4. Evaporation and drying equipment generally used in process industries for the purpose of concentration of liquids and manufacture of powder like milk powder, ready mixes and also other beverage products like tea, coffee, etc.
The Company has order on hand from Asian Agro Limited.
5. Equipment for processing of beverages including soff drinks. These
include process like pasteurisation, sterilisation, etc.
The Company has executed orders of Parle Exports, Gulf Beverages etc.
6. Snack food manufacturing equipment. There is a large demand for
snack food items. Many of these items are manufactured in traditional
manner and in small quantities by manual process. The company has developed range of equipment like needers, extruders, tryers, etc. for processing such snack food like, shev, bhajiya, wadis, etc. These are custom made and designed to take care of Indian specialities. Introduction of these machines will dramatically change the methods and quantities being processed at the moment by small scale manufacturers and sweet meat vendors.
The Company has executed orders of Chordia Food Products Ltd.
-Delist shares from Pune Stock Exchange Ltd (PSE) w.e.f. March 31, 2005.