1989 - G V Films Ltd was incorporated on 7th March. On 27th September
the company went for a public issue. The total capital raised
through the issue was Rs 5.75 crores (including retension of 15%
over subscription) out of the 5.75 crores the promoters
contribution was Rs 2.30 crores.
- The Company main object is to distribute Films in various
languages to produce. Feature films documentaries in various
languages to act as agents for cinematographic films & co to
acquire own & trade in studios laboratories cinema hall & to act
as film publicity agents designers & engravers.
1993 - The Company has entered into an agreement with Hyderabad
Batteries Limited for supply of compact disc after due mastering
and replication at their plant at Hyderabad. The company will
supply to them software consisting of classical, devotional and
1995 - The Company's Theatre complex at Thanjavur received a certificate
as the 'BEST MAINTAINED THEATRES' awarded by Trichy City Cultural
2000 - GV Films Ltd (GVF) has launched a satellite TV channel - B4U
South - which will beam South Indian language movies.
- GV Films set up a 50-50 joint venture with the London-based Asian
On Line, exclusively for Internet broadcasting.
- GV Films issues 10 lakh equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium
of Rs 30 to Asian On Line plc in exchange for shares of the UK
company at a price of 70 pence a share, aggregating Rs 4 crore.
- GV Films has entered into a draft agreement with Pentamedia Graphics Ltd
to transfer the Internet web-cast rights of 2000 film titles to the latter. GV Films
will be alloted 90,000 No. of equity shares of Pentamedia Graphics Ltd.
- The Company entered into an agreement with Kavitha Films International &/or
associates for acquiring the Internet rights of 1,000 South Indian movie titles in
lieu of the company alloting 25,00,000 fully-paid equity shares of Rs 10 each at
a premium of Rs 60.
- The Company has entered into agreement with NSDL and CDSL for dematerialisation.
2001 - G.V. Films Ltd has entered into a tie-up with Zen & Art of Client Server Computing Ltd for supplying 4,000 Hindi movies in beta format for the video-on-demand through the Internet.
-GV Films signs MOU with 1-Net Singapore for web streaming of over 6000 films
-GV Films entered in to a MOU with Sidesh Films, Mumbai
-GV Films Ltd has informed that the Company has signed an MOU with Mr. R D Rajasekhar for the Turn Key Production of the Company's films for the year 2006-07.
- GV Films Ltd has informed that the Company is planning to launch a film magazine by name 'SouthSide' essentially to cater to south Indian viewers.This is the maiden step by the Company in the print media.