1988 - The company, Geojit Securities Limited (GSL), was a partnership
firm, with two partners - Mr. C.J. George and Mr. Ranjit, under
the name and style of M/s Geojit & Company established on 4th
November, to act as stock and share brokers with membership on
the Cochin Stock Exchange.
1994 - The company was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 24th
November and obtained its Certificate of commencement of business
on 25th January 1995.
- The company is at present engaged in the activities of stock and
share broking, underwriting, marketing of initial public offering
of companies and mutual funds, corporate advisory services,
investments in shares, participating in Bought Out Deals,
syndication of inter-corporate deposits, debt, bought-outs etc.
- The company has at present branches at Trichur, Kottayam,
Muvattupuzha and Coimbatore apart from having representative
offices at Mumbai.
1995 - The company has a subsidiary in the name of Geojit Stock and
Shares Limited (GSSL) to carry on the activities as a Dealer of
Over The Counter Exchange of India.
1996 - The company had made a public issue of equity shares aggregating
to Rs.95/- lakhs, during the period under report which received
an overwhelming support and was oversubscribed over 14 times.
- The Company held 100% of the paid up Capital of Rs.30,00,000/-
M/s Goejit Stock & Shares Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of the
Company as at 31st March.
1998 - The Company, a joint venture company with Kerala State
Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC), has announced
improved working results for 1997-98.
1999 - The equity shares of the company are presently listed at five
Stock Exchanges viz., Madras, Ahemedabad, Coimbatore, Delhi and
- The Company based in Kochi, to set up a full-fledged office in
the UAE, which will not only enable it to deal in Indian shares
and securities, but also help it become a licensed stock broking
company in that country.
2000 - Geojit Securities Ltd, a leading retail share broking firm
launched Internet securities trading for the first time in India.
- Geojit Securities is a joint venture with Kerala State Industrial
Development Corporation (KSIDC) with branches in 40 cities.
- ABN Amro Bank is set to pick up an equity stake in Geojit
Securities Ltd one of the largest stock brokers and depository
participant in the country.
- The company is planning to introduce multi-bank, multi-DP
interfaces to facilitate and promote Internet trading in the
- Geojit Securities Ltd, the first company to start online trading
services, has signed a MoU with UTI Bank to enable investors to
buysell demat stocks through the company's website.
- The Company has signed a deal with Centurion Bank to provide
payment gateway for Internet trading.
- The Company launched its online interface with HDFC Bank for Internet
- Geojit Securities Ltd, a leading stock broking company, has decided to issue
bonus shares at 1:1 ratio, to capitalise part of general reseve.
2001 - The Kochi-based retail broking firm, Geojit Securities Ltd., is setting up an overseas
venture jointly with a UAE partner to provide broking and depository services to NRIs
in the Gulf countries.
- Geojit Securities has inked a joint venture (JV) with UAE based brokerage house
Barjeel Shares & Bonds to set up a 20:80 joint venture with an initial capital of $ 1 million,
christened Barjeel Geojit Securities.
- Bonus Shares were issued by the company in the ratio 1:1.
2002-Sheikh Sultan Bin Saud Al Qasimi appointed as Director of Geojit Securities.
- Mr T Koshy appointed as Director of Geojit Securities with effect from October 26, 2002.
-The Company has unveiled a new logo and changed its name to Geojit Financial Services Ltd, offering a growing range of new and innovative financial products and services.
-Geojit Securities inks pact with Doha Bank
-UTI Bank, Geojit in pact for trading platform in Qatar
-Delists shares from Cochin Stock Exchange
- Shares of Geojit Securities Ltd delisted from Coimbatore Stock Exchange from May 21 and Madras Stock Exchange effective May 31
-Geojit Financial Services Ltd in association with Doha Bank launches India Wealth Management Services for non-resident Indians living in Qatar
-Geojit has tied up with global financial investments SAOG, Muscat, in the Sultanate of Oman
-Geojit Financial Services Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 22, 2006, has approved the proposal of the Company to issue and allot to BNP Paribas S.A. (the 'Investor'), on a preferential allotment basis, equity shares, warrants convertible into equity shares or any combination thereof, such that the total number of equity shares issued (whether as equity shares or upon the conversion of the warrants) shall not exceed 7,96,31,170 equity shares of Re 1, at price of Rs 26 per equity share, which has been determined in accordance with the applicable laws and guidelines.