1983 - The Company was incorporated on 14th October, & obtained the
Certificate of Commencement of business on 5th December. It was
promoted in the joint sector by the Gujarat Industrial Investment
Corporation, Ltd.(GIIC), GTC Industries Ltd. (formerly known as
Golden Tobacco Co. Ltd.), Dalmia Dairy Industries Ltd., their
wholly owned subsidiaries and other investment Companies, Indian
& NRI Associates.
- The company undertook to setup a plant for the manufacture of
1,200 tonnes per day of soda ash both light and dense varieties.
1984 - On 9th January, the company entered into technical collaboration
agreement with a consortium of Akzo Zout Chemie Netherland and
Klockner Industries Anlagen, GmbH, W. Germany for supply of
technical knowhow, basic engineering package and supervision of
erection and commissioning of the project.
- The Company retained the services of Humphreys & Glasgow
Consultants Pvt. Ltd., as the Indian Consultants to render
consultancy services for detailed engineering, procurement,
erection, supervision and assistance in commissioning.
1986 - 15 shares subscribed for by the signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 7,19,99,985 shares were then issued at par of which
the following shares were reserved and allotted on a firm basis:
- (i) 1,87,49,991 shares to GIIC;
- (ii) 129,99,994 shares to GTC Industries, Ltd. and Dalmia Dairy
Industries, Ltd. (Co-promoters) and
- (iii) 50,00,000 shares to non-resident Indians on repatriation
basis. Out of the remaining 3,52,50,000 shares, the following
shares were reserved for preferential allotment:
- (i) 1,38,80,000 shares to non-resident Indians on repatriation
basis (only 59,22,600 shares taken up);
- (ii) 36,00,000 shares to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company and promoters/co-promoter
companies; (only 1,68,400 shares taken up);
- (iii) 18,70,000 shares to shareholders of co-promoter companies
and associate company (none were taken up) and 15,00,000 shares
to farmers, agriculturists and co-operative societies and rural
investors (only 11,18,900 shares taken up).
- The balance 1,44,00,000 shares along with the unsubscribed
portion of 1,36,40,100 shares out of the preferential quota, were
offered for public subscription during August 1987.
1988 - The soda ash was marketed under the brand name 'GHCL Soda Ash'.
1989 - Lime Kiln was installed in order to overcome the low activity of
lime produced in the lime kiln.
-Appoints Mr J P Mehrotra as the company secretary.
-Allots new shares pursuant to the amalgamation of Sree Meenakshi Mills Ltd.
-Board approves the amalgamation of Icon Data Management Ltd with the company.
-Appoints Mr D Rajgopalan as the Director on the Board, Mr Mahesh Kheria is re-appointed as Alternate Director for Mr S H Ruparell.
-Changes in the Management Structure:
Mr S K Mukherjee steps down as MD from the company.
Mr P Sampath and Mr R S Jalan, Executive Directors are redesignated as the Sr. Executive Director
Mr Shyamsundar Vishwanath gives resgination as the director from the Board.
-Appoints Mr Chaman Kumar as the Director of the company.
-Members approve the authorisation of delisting of equity shares from Calcutta and Delhi Stock Exchanges.
- Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd has informed that with effect from November 21, 2003, the name of the Company has been changed from 'Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Limited' to 'GHCL Limited'.
-Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd has informed that pursuant to the application made by the company for voluntary delisting of shares from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE), the DSE has confirmed that the equity shares of the company have been delisted w.e.f. December 29, 2003.
-GHCL picks up UK's Rosebys for Rs 180 cr
- Ghcl Limited has appointed Mr. Bhuwneshwar Mishra, as Company Secretary of the Company with immediate efect.