1983 - The Company was incorporated on 14th October, & obtained the
Certificate of Commencement of business on 5th December. It was
promoted in the joint sector by the Gujarat Industrial Investment
Corporation, Ltd.(GIIC), GTC Industries Ltd. (formerly known as
Golden Tobacco Co. Ltd.), Dalmia Dairy Industries Ltd., their
wholly owned subsidiaries and other investment Companies, Indian
& NRI Associates.
- The company undertook to setup a plant for the manufacture of
1,200 tonnes per day of soda ash both light and dense varieties.
1984 - On 9th January, the company entered into technical collaboration
agreement with a consortium of Akzo Zout Chemie Netherland and
Klockner Industries Anlagen, GmbH, W. Germany for supply of
technical knowhow, basic engineering package and supervision of
erection and commissioning of the project.
- The Company retained the services of Humphreys & Glasgow
Consultants Pvt. Ltd., as the Indian Consultants to render
consultancy services for detailed engineering, procurement,
erection, supervision and assistance in commissioning.
1986 - 15 shares subscribed for by the signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 7,19,99,985 shares were then issued at par of which
the following shares were reserved and allotted on a firm basis:
- (i) 1,87,49,991 shares to GIIC;
- (ii) 129,99,994 shares to GTC Industries, Ltd. and Dalmia Dairy
Industries, Ltd. (Co-promoters) and
- (iii) 50,00,000 shares to non-resident Indians on repatriation
basis. Out of the remaining 3,52,50,000 shares, the following
shares were reserved for preferential allotment:
- (i) 1,38,80,000 shares to non-resident Indians on repatriation
basis (only 59,22,600 shares taken up);
- (ii) 36,00,000 shares to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company and promoters/co-promoter
companies; (only 1,68,400 shares taken up);
- (iii) 18,70,000 shares to shareholders of co-promoter companies
and associate company (none were taken up) and 15,00,000 shares
to farmers, agriculturists and co-operative societies and rural
investors (only 11,18,900 shares taken up).
- The balance 1,44,00,000 shares along with the unsubscribed
portion of 1,36,40,100 shares out of the preferential quota, were
offered for public subscription during August 1987.
1988 - The soda ash was marketed under the brand name "GHCL Soda Ash".
1989 - Lime Kiln was installed in order to overcome the low activity of
lime produced in the lime kiln.
-Appoints Mr J P Mehrotra as the company secretary.
-Allots new shares pursuant to the amalgamation of Sree Meenakshi Mills Ltd.
-Board approves the amalgamation of Icon Data Management Ltd with the company.
-Appoints Mr D Rajgopalan as the Director on the Board, Mr Mahesh Kheria is re-appointed as Alternate Director for Mr S H Ruparell.
-Changes in the Management Structure:
Mr S K Mukherjee steps down as MD from the company.
Mr P Sampath and Mr R S Jalan, Executive Directors are redesignated as the Sr. Executive Director
Mr Shyamsundar Vishwanath gives resgination as the director from the Board.
-Appoints Mr Chaman Kumar as the Director of the company.
-Members approve the authorisation of delisting of equity shares from Calcutta and Delhi Stock Exchanges.
- Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd has informed that with effect from November 21, 2003, the name of the Company has been changed from 'Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Limited' to 'GHCL Limited'.
-Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Ltd has informed that pursuant to the application made by the company for voluntary delisting of shares from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE), the DSE has confirmed that the equity shares of the company have been delisted w.e.f. December 29, 2003.
-GHCL picks up UK`s Rosebys for Rs 180 cr
- Ghcl Limited has appointed Mr. Bhuwneshwar Mishra, as Company Secretary of the Company with immediate efect.
- GHCL to takeover soda ash cos in US, China.
- GHCL - FCCB - Secod Reset Price.
- GHCL - Repurchase of FCCBs.
- GHCL - Appointment of Additional Director.
- GHCL - Change in Directorship.
- GHCL - Repurchase / buyback of Foreign Currency Convertible.
- GHCL Ltd - Change in Director(s).
- GHCL - Change in Directorate.
- Promoted in joint sector by DalmiaÂs and Gujarat Government In India .
- Company has submitted to BSE a copy of the details regarding Employees Stock Option Scheme (ESOS) of the Company in the prescribed format vide SEBI Circular dated January 17, 2013 read with Clause 35C of the Listing Agreement.
- The Creditors Committee of SC GHCL Upsom SA, Romania, (GHCL Upsom) in their meeting held on March 18, 2013 has decided to accept the highest bid of Euros 6.00mn made by Aloref SRL in association with Ascom International SRL.
- GHCL Employee Stock Option Trust has sold 5,00,000 (Five Lac) equity shares of the Company on April 26, 2013 in open market.
- GHCL Employees Stock Option Trust has further sold 52,151 equity shares of the Company in the open market in trenches between December 09, 2013 to December 20, 2013.
- GHCL Employees Stock Option Trust has further sold 13,312 equity shares of the Company in the open market In trenches between December 23, 2013 to December 27, 2013.
- GHCL Employees Stock Option Trust has further sold 14,339 equity shares of the Company in the open market In trenches between December 30, 2013 to January 03, 2014.
- GHCL Employees Stock Option Trust has further sold 17,735 equity shares of the Company in the open market in trenches between January 06, 2014 to January 13, 2014
- The Company has successfully won the case filed against the order dated August 06, 2013 passed by Adjudicating Officer of SEBI which the company went into an appeal before HonÂble Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT).
- GHCL Employees Stock Option Trust has further sold 14,339 equity shares of the Company in the open market in trenches between December 30, 2013 to January 03, 2014.
-GHCL Ltd. Indian England NV, a wholly owned subsidiary company in Netherlands