1982 - The Company was incorporated on 28th July, as a public limited
company and obtained the certificate of commencement of Business
on 10th September. It was promoted by J.K. Bhagat. The main
objective of the company is to manufacture cotton yarn.
- The Company undertook to set up a 100% export oriented unit for
the manufacture of cotton combed yarn of fine counts.
- The plant and machinery were to be procured from Lakshmi Machine
Works, Ltd., Coimbatore, Rieter Machine Works, Switzerland,
Volkmann GmbH & Co. and W. Schlathorst & Co. West Germany.
1990 - 1,00,000 No. of equity shares subscribed for by the promoters,
directors, etc. 91,50,000 equity shares issued at par of which
57,50,000 shares reserved and allotted as follows:
- (i) 60,000 shares to promoters, Indian residents directors, etc.;
- (ii) 10,30,000 shares to the Promoters' Associate Companies;
- (iii) 10,00,000 shares to the SBI Mutual Fund and
- (iv) 36,60,000 shares to non-resident Indian/persons residing
- Out of the remaining 34,00,000 shares 4,57,000 shares offered on
a preferential basis to the employees (including working
(directors)/workers of the Company and the promoter companies
(only 16,800 shares taken up). The balance 29,42,500 shares
together with the unsubscribed 4,40,700 shares of the employee's
quota offered for public subscription during June 1990.
Additional 5,10,000 shares allotted to the public to retain
1991 - The Company undertook an expansion/diversification project to
enhance the spinning capacity by 10,224 spindles.
- The Company undertook the scheme for installation of some
balancing equipments and twisting machines.
1992 - 39,04,000 rights shares issued (prem. Rs. 25 per share; prop.
40:100). Another 600 shares (prem. Rs. 25 per share allotted
1994 - 20,60,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each fully paid up were
allotted to the Foreign Institutional Investors and Mutual Fund
by way of private placement on preferential basis on an average
premium of Rs. 51.54 per shares. 53,354 warrants were also
allotted to the present promoters, employees by way of private
placement on preferential basis.
1995 - The Company proposed to set up a 100% Export Oriented Unit for
manufacturing cotton yarn and knit fabric with an installated
capacity of 80,640 spindles and 18 knitting machines at Gujarat.
1996 - The Company proposed to expand the capacity by installing a
Rotor Spinning Machine for spinning coarser count of cotton
2000 - Prof. G.S. Bhargava has resigned from the directorship.
- Dr. H.P. Bhattacharya has been appointed as the Director of the
company and Mr. Shishir Jaipurai has been appointed as the Managing
Director effective from October 30.
2001 - Mr. Sharad Jaipuria has resigned as director of the company effective from 31st January.
2002-R D Thapar resigns from Directorship of Ginni Filaments.
-Shares delisted from Delhi & Ahmedabad Stock Exchanges
-Delist equity shares from The Calcutta Stock Exchange, Kolkata w.e.f. May 12, 2005.
-The Ginni Filaments Ltd 's initial public offering (IPO), which closed on Dec 23, was subscribed by 2.69 times. Ginni Filaments Ltd is offering 2,52,63,158 equity shares in the IPO and the price band has been set at Rs 19-22 per share.
- Ginni Filaments Ltd has appointed Shri Sandeep Gupta as Nominee Director of IFCI on the Board of the Company w.e.f. 28th July, 2007 in place of Shri Ashwani Kumar Sharma.
- Ginni Filaments Ltd has appointed shri S. Singhvi as Compliance Officer in place of Shri D.C. Gupta.
- Ginni Filaments Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors in its meeting held on July 30, 2009 has appointed Shri. S. Singhvi as Director (Finance) and Shri. R. R. Maheshwari as Director (Marketing & Business Development) w.e.f. August 01, 2009.