|Gopala Polyplast Limited (GPL) was incorporated in the
State of Maharashtra as a Public Limited Company on 11th
June, 1984 under the Cornpanies Act, 1956 and obtained
certificate of commencement of Business on 27th June 1984,
from the Registrars of Companies, Maharashtra at Bombay.
It initially set up a capapcity of 489 TPA for manufacture
of HDPE woven sacks at Kadi, Dist. Mehsana. Its management
was at that time in the hands of the Ahmedabad based Kabra
Group. However, due to delay in project implementation,
inability to get proper spare parts for imported machines
and intense competition, the Company started making losses.
The Somani and Khetawat Groups then took over the
management of GPL from July 1st, 1988. GPL, under the new
management, increased the turnover and profits by improving
the capacity utilisations and increasing the capacity from
489 TPA to 648 TPA, turned the Company around.
GPL has also successfully implemented an expansion scheme
raising the capacity of the tape plant from 648 tpa to 1296
tpa during the year 1991-92. This project was part financed
by a rupee term loan from IDBI of Rs.90 lakh under its
Equipment Finance Scheme. This HDPE expansion went into
commercial production in October, 1992.
2001 - The Company has passed the resolution for preferential allotment of equity shares
not exceeding Rs 32,50,000 at a price of Rs. 10 per share at par to the promoter group
and its associations on private placement basis.
-Delist securities from Jaipur Stock Exchange Ltd (JSE) w.e.f. March 30, 2005.
-Gopala Polyplast Ltd has appointed Mr. Malay Dalal and Mr. Kashyap Mehta as Independent Directors of the Company.