1978 - The company was incorporated on the January, at Cochin. The
company is engaged in various businesses including Tea, Rubber
cardamom and cocao plantations; structural, civil mechanical and
electrical engineering, trading in Tea, Coffee and Spices and
exporting them; estate supplies and trading clearing, shipping,
air travel and air cargo.
- The Company took over the assets of a number of smaller companies
viz., The East India Tea & Produce Co., Ltd., Wynaad Tea Co.
Ltd., Mooply Valley Tea Co. Ltd., Malayalam Rubber & Produce Co.
Ltd., Wallardie Tea Estate Ltd. It has 25 estates.
- Malayalam Plantations Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of
Malayalam Plantations (Holdings) Ltd.
- 70 shares subscribed for by the signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 22,20,000 shares allotted to Malayalam Plantations
(Holdings) Ltd., U.K. without payment in cash.
1979 - 20,000 shares to GIC and 40,000 shares to UTI were reserved and
allotted. 59,930 shares reserved for employees, Indian directors
etc. 6,60,000 shares offered at par for public subscription in
1982 - In July, Malayalam Plantations (Holdings) Ltd., U.K., offered for
sale to the public 10,20,000 No. of equity shares of the Company
out of its holding of 22,20,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
each of the Company.
1983 - Harrisons & Crossfield (India) Ltd. (HCI) was merged with the
Company with effect from 1st January, by an order of Kerala High
Court dated 19th September, 1984. HCI is an associate company of
Malayalam Plantations (India) Ltd. (MPI).
- HCI is a company trading in Kerala in items such as tea, coffee,
spices, engineering goods such as A.C. sheets, paints, pumps and
chemicals, fertilisers, shipping agencies IATA travel and air
cargo agency, printing and industrial workshops for undertaking
structural, mechanical and electrical engineering contracts.
- 2,50,000 shares allotted at par without payment in cash to
members of Harrisons and Crosfield (India) Ltd., in prop. 1:1.
1984 - With effect from 29th October, the name of the Company was
changed from Malayalam Plantations (India) Ltd., to Harrisons
- 32,50,000 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1986 - The Company decided to set up a centrifuge latex factory. An
understanding was reached with Royal Vam dex Hare, Holland for
production of proprietory seeds at the Biotechnology division,
located at Bangalore. A full fledged tissue culture centre was
established at Hosur, with a capacity of 2 million plants.
- An understanding was also reached with Universal Plant, S.A., a
joint venture Company to produce and export cut flowers.
1987 - 26,00,000 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 2:5.
1991 - The Company launched its packet tea 'Mountain Mist' in Kerala,
Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and 'Harrisons Gold' in Karnataka and
- The Company successfully launched its packet tea 'Mountain Mist'
in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu and 'Harrisons Gold' in
Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
1994 - 9,205,400 shares issued.
1997 - A new factory, incorporating the latest state-of-the-art
technology, was commissioned at Achoor.
1998 - The factory at Achoor was accorded ISO 9002 certification.
-Mr. Umang Kanoria appoints as Director of the Company w.e.f. August 19, 2004
- Harrisons Malayalam Ltd has appointed Mr. Pankaj Kapoor as Managing Director of the Company with effect from April 24, 2008.
- Harrisons Malayalam Ltd has informed that Mr. Ajit Singh Chouhan has been appointed as Director of the Company with effect from September 23, 2008.