1983 - The Company was originally incorporatd as Havell's India Private Limited on 8th August, under the Companies Act, 1956 and subsequetly the name was changed to Havell's India Limitd vide certificate dated 31st March, 1992.
- The Company was promoted by S/Shri Qimat Rai Gupta and Surjit Kumar Gupta.
- It has facilities for manufacture of switchgear items viz. Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCB), MCB Distribution Boards (DB) and HRC fuses at Samepur Badli, Delhi.
- The Company also entered into a Technical Collaboration with M/s Christian Geyer GmbH & Co., Germany for the manufacture of Miniature Circuit Breakers in India.
1989 - The company undertook addition to its tool room facilities by going in for manufacturing of sheet metal and moulding tools in-house.
1991 - The company amalgamated with itself Elymer Havbell's Pvt. Ltd. which had facilities for manufacture of HRC fuses with an installed capacity of 2,50,000 pcs.
1992 - For the manufacture of ELCBs, the Company signed another Technical Collaboration with M/s Schiele Industrieworke, Germany.
1994 - The company successfully launched the latest IEC design contractors, relays, and motor starters for the first time in India which have been well received in the market.
- The company has finalized tie-ups in UAE, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt for marketing its vast range of products in these countries.
1995 - The Company has introduced Product Managers and "Industrial Teams" to emphasize the product mix and to strengthen its presence in all market segments.
1996 - Schiele industriwerke, Germany, who have been our collaborators for ELCBs, have entered into a new technical collaboration with the company for quality upgradation for its products in the controlgear division.
- The company decided to enter into the manufacture of Three Phase Energy Meters for industrial applications.
- Keeping in view business synergy's with the Cable Industry, the Company has entered into the manufacture of low tension power cables.
- Havell's group signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Hanson Electrical, a group company of the UK Pound 11 Billion Anglo-American conglomerate, Hanson Plc., one of the top ten
Companies of UK.
1997 - One of the biggest achievements during the year is that the JV partners have tested the MCBs and have entered into an agreement with the Company to exclusively market the MCBs in the world wide markets.
- Havell's Dorman Smith Pvt. Ltd., U.K. JV company, wherein Havell's India Ltd is a 25% shareholder, with Electrium Ltd. UK with the introduction of state-of-the-art `DORMAN SMITH' brand Moulded Case Circuit Breakers in India.
- Havell's group, has signed a new JV agreement with Ampy Automation Digilog Ltd., UK.
1998 - Cable division at Alwar is now ISO-9001 certified.
- Havell's group has signed a new JV agreement with the Deutsche Zahiergesellschaft (DZG), Germany.
- The 50:50 JV company "Havell's Dorman Smith Ltd. in which Havell's India Ltd. is a 25% shareholder had launched Moulded Case Circuit Breakers last year in the Indian market.
- The Company also launched "Crabtree" brand modularplate switches which is being perceived as the best available product in the market.
1999 - Electrical switchgear makers Havell's India has entered into a strategic partnership with Cambridge Technology Partners India for implementing ERP on a fast-track.
- The company has a 50:50 joint venture with DZG of Germany for manufacture of high-end electromechanical and electronic energy meters.
2000 - Havell's entered into a technical collaboration with Geyer in 1998 to manufacture miniature circuit-breakers.
- For MCBs, the company has a technical collaboration with Geyer AG of Germany, with Schiele Industriewerke of Germany for RCCBs and with Peterriens Schaltechik Gmbh for changeover switches.
- The Company has entered into a joint venture agreement with Standard Electricals Ltd., an unlisted company wherein the company hold 60% shareholding.
- Havell's India Ltd has acquired a 60 per cent stake in Hyderabad-based Duke Arnics Electronics Ltd.
2001 - The Company has been awarded the highest revenue payer award for the year 2000 in the organised sector category. Havell`s India Ltd has informed BSE that the company had earlier acquired 60% shareholding of Standard Electricals Ltd., Jalandhar, an unlisted company.
- The company has acquired the entire 100% shareholding of Standard Electricals Ltd., by purchasing balance 40% shareholding of the company. The Standard Electricals Ltd., has thus become a 100% subsidiary of company w.e.f. December 31,2001.
-Forays into the luxury bathroom fittings and accessories segment under the Crabtree Frattini brand name
-Havells India Limited has sold out its entire shareholding of Standard Electricals Limited, an un-listed public limited company which was a 100% subsidiary of the Company. Consequently, with effect from such transfer, Standard Electricals Limited is no longer a subsidiary of the Company.
-Havell's India Ltd has acquired a Sri Lankan company engaged in energy efficient lighting - compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs).
-Set up manufacturing plant in Haridwar, Uttaranchal for manufacturing Fans.
-Awarded the KEMA certification by The Dutch Council for Accreditation, making QRG the only group to attain this certification.
-Set up of R&D Center in Noida H.O.
-Havells India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Havells India Ltd has informed that Ms Sabina Geyer has resigned from the Directorship of the Company with immediate effect.
-Crabtree India merged with Havells India.
-First Company to get the ISI Certification for complete range of CFLs.
-Expansion at Alwar manufacturing plant for increase of production capacity.
-Havells India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Havells India Limited has appointed Mr.N Balasubramanian as additional director of the Company who shall hold office upto the date of next Annual General Meeting.
-Acquired the Lighting business of a Frankfurt based company "Sylvania", a global leader in lighting business and now the company's turnover crosses US$ 1 Billion.
-Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm and one of the largest investors in India, invested US $110 million in Havells India Ltd. Havells issued fresh shares to Warburg Pincus, representing approximately 11.2% of the fully diluted share capital of the company.
-QRG Group entered healthcare business by acquiring a majority stake in Central Hospital and Research Centre, Faridabad.
-Havells India Limited has appointed Mr Sanjay Johri as the Company Secretary of the Company w.e.f August 25, 2008.
-Set up of fully automatic plant for Havells Lafert Motors at Neemrana
-Change in Corporate BRAND identity
-First Indian CFL manufacturers to have adopted RoHS, European norms on Restriction of Hazardous Substances in CFLs.
- Havells India opened its second exclusive showroom "Havells Galaxy" in Chennai.
-Launch of India's 1st HPF CFL
-Launch of India's 1st BEE 5* Rated Fan
-Global consolidation of CFL manufacturing plant at Neemrana for domestic and export purposes.
- Havells India Ltd has appointed Mr. S. K. Tuteja as an Additional Director.
- Havells India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Havells foraying in premium appliances market
-Havells India Entering into a Joint Venture (JV) with Shanghai Yaming Lighting Co. Ltd.
-Havells India has recommended of Dividend @ Rs. 6.50 per equity share of Rs. 5/- each i.e. 130%
-Havells India has recommended of Dividend @ Rs. 7.50 per equity share of Rs. 5/- each i.e. 150%, for the financial year 2012-13.
-Havells India has recommended of Dividend @ Rs. 10.00 per equity share of Rs. 5/- each.
-Havells India Ltd has undertaken a sub-division of its equity shares of Rs 5 into Rs one each.
-Havells India has splits its face value from Rs 5/- to 1/-
-Havells India Ltd has launched the countrys first most energy efficient fan - ES 40
-Havells India Ltd has launched India''s first brightest LED lamps range ""LUMENO" at its lighting fixtures plant in Neemrana, Rajasthan
-Havells India - Havells adds first 'Made in India' MCB to its portfolio
-Havells India, has got hold of a 51 per cent stake in Promptec Renewable Energy Solutions at an enterprise value of a whopping Rs. 65 crore
-Havells India Ltd has launched a world class range of MCBs and RCCBs under EURO-II series in Odisha market.
-Havells India launches world class products in Switchgear segment in the Eastern Region
-Havells India has inaugurated a new office in Haldwani, Uttarakhand
-Havells India receives order for LED Street Lights from EESL
-Havells India launches its first indigenous MCB and RCCB- Euro II series
-Havells launches entry level modular switches Reo Bliss
-Havells India to launch solar power products