1985 - The Company was incorporated on 30th July, and obtained the
Certificate for Commencement of Business on 12th August. It was
promoted by Shri Harish Bhasin. The Main object of the Company
is Business of leasing and hire purchase, merchant banking
activities, dealings in securities, in odd lots, public sector
bonds and debentures.
1990 - The Company received authorisation to function as Merchant Banker
from SEBI. The Company set up a 'Share Shoppe' to provide for a
range of personal financial services and investment package at
- It was proposed to appoint agents/franchisees for rendering the
investor oriented services to enable small investors to have
confortable access to these services.
- The Company's subsidiaries is as follows: (i) H B Asset
Management Company Ltd. (ii) H B Portfolio Ltd. (iii) H B Estate
- H B Portfolio Ltd. and H B Estate Developers Ltd., ceased to be
subsidiaries of the company following issue of shares to the
shareholders of the Company as per the scheme of arrangements.
- 6,60,900 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each allotted to
promoters, directors, etc.
1991 - During February-March, the Company offered 1,12,353-14% secured
fully convertible debentures of Rs 185 each on 'Rights' basis in
the proportion 17 debentures: 100 equity shares held (all were
taken up). Additional 16,853 debentures were allotted to retain
- Simultaneous to the Rights Issue, the Company issued through a
prospectus, 3,73,647-14% secured fully convertible debentures of
Rs 185 each of which the following were reserved for allotment on
a preferential basis:
- (i) 24,300 debentures to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company;
- (ii) 48,600 debentures to shareholders of HB Leasing & Finance
Co. Ltd., and
- (iii) 75,000 debentures of Mutual Funds (30,000 debentures to PNB
Mutual Fund, 30,000 debentures to Indian Bank Mutual Fund and
15,000 debentures to Canbank Mutual Fund).
- Out of (i) & (ii), only 28,510 debentures were taken up and out
of (iii) all were taken up. The remaining 2,25,747 debentures
along with 44,390 debentures not taken up under preferential
quota was issued to the public. Additional 56,047 debentures
were allotted to the public to retain oversubscription.
- Part 'A' of Rs 80 of the face value of each debenture was
converted into 5 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs
6 per share on the date of allotment of debentures. Accordingly
27,94,500 No. of equity shares were allotted under this
- Part 'B' of Rs 105 of the face value of each debenture was also
automatically and compulsorily converted into 16,76,700 No. of
equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 25 per share after
21 months from the date of allotment.
1994 - 20,52,840 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 2:5. During Feb.
1993, the Company issued 19,35,024 Rights equity shares (prem. Rs
25) to shareholders prop. 2:5. 7,82,460 shares to holders of
'B' part of debs. 7,50,000 shares to at a prem. of Rs 30 per
shares to shareholders of H.B. Leasing & Fin. Co. Ltd. Balance
67,50,000 shares at a prem. of Rs 50 per share to public.
1995 - During November, the Company has issued 3,34,84,093 - 14% FCD's
of Rs 65 each on rights basis and through public issue. These
FCD's were converted into one equity share at a premium of Rs 55
per share. Company has issued Optional Detachable Tradable
Warrants with these FCD's.
- The name of the Company has been changed from H B Portfolio
Leasing Ltd. to the present one.
- H B Portfolio Ltd. and H B Estate Developers Ltd., capital of
the Company has been reorganised from 50,88,65,170 No. of equity
shares of Rs 10 each to 2,54,43,257 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
- HB Stockholdings Limited has informed that the Board of Directors of the company at its meeting held on May 21, 2003 has re-appointed Mr J M L Suri as Executive Director of the Company for a further period of 5 years w.e.f. June 1, 2003 subject to the approval of shareholders in the ensuing Annual General meeting
-HB Stockholdings Limited has informed that subsequent to the application made by the company for delisting of the equity shares of the company to the stock exchanges at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Kolkata, the Company is in receipt of an intimation from Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd. that the equity shares of the company stand delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange w.e.f. December 29, 2003.
- The company has received intimation from Mr. H C Bhasin, Chairman, regarding acquisition of 101,209 equity shares of the Company. The details are as follows: 1) On March 01, 2004, shares acquired - 50077; 2) On March 03, 2004, shares acquired - 29078; 3) On March 04, 2004, shares acquired - 17512; 4) On March 05, 2004, shares acquired - 4542.
-Delist securities from the Madras Stock Exchange Ltd (MSE) w.e.f. March 16, 2005.
- HB Stockholdings Ltd has appointed Mr. Vijay Sood as Additional Director of the Company and also as Managing Director of the Company for a period of 3 years with effect from April 30, 2007.
The Board of Directors have also nominated Mr. Vijay Sood, Managing Director of the Company as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).