- The company was established on 17th April. The object of the company
is manufacturing of and leading in complete range of Mini Computers
Micro processor based systems, Electronics Instruments, Micrographic
and reprograhic equipment and manufacturing and marketing of electronic
EPABX systems and electronics Teleprinters.
- The company entered into an agreement with Hewlett packard of US for
the sale and leaving of the Super Mini and Mainframe computers to be
manufactured by Hewlett in India. The technical collaborator of the
Company Hewlett-packard, is the second largest computer company in the
world. It has some of the finest laboratories and manufacturing
facilities in the world. In 1991, these two companies, each a leader in
its own field, decided to join hands. And soon after HCL
Hewlett-packard was launced. HCL Finance & Investments Ltd is the
subsidiary of the company.
- The performance was adversely affected due to rise in dollar exchange
rate, tight liquidity position in the market, political uncertainty
coupled with deferment of capital expenditure by the Government
- The Company set new industry standards with the launch of D and K
class HP 9000 Business Servers complemented by J class HP 9000
Workstations, simultaneously with the world wide launch of these
products by Hewlett-Packard Co.
- The Company also recently announced the introduction of the most
powerful Workstations in the world based on the latest 64-bit
processors from Hewlett-Packard the PA-8000.
- The Department of Electronics (DoE), the nodal department of the
Government of India for development of electronics industry awarded the
First Prize to the Company in the area of computer systems, as a part
of the prestigious DoE award of Excellence.
- The Company commissioned its second state-of-the-art manufacturing
facility at Sedarpet near Pondicherry.
- The Company has the largest network of spare-stocking locations,
supported by Test and Repair Centres which reduces the inventory level
and increases the spares availability at any time. To meet critical
requirements within 4-5 hours, the company has tied-up with Indian
Airlines to deliver spares in major metro cities.
- The Company has the best skilled manpower created through years of
Campus recruitment and training at In-house Training Centres and by
providing Management Training in the best Management Institutes.
- The Company set new industry standards by launching the most powerful
Workstations and Servers in the world based on the latest 64-bit
microprocessors from Hewlett-Packard - the PA-8000.
- The Company further extended its indigenous Infiniti range of
business computing products as it introduced the Enterprise Class
Infiniti Super Server and the Infiniti ELS range of workgroup servers.
- Mr. Suresh Rajpal, Director, Mr. Manuel F. Diaz, Director and Mr. Bob
Robertson, Alternate Director, resigned from the Board of Directors of
the Company w.e.f. 25th September.
- The Company tied-up with Intel Corporation for Server technology,
resulting in the introduction of the Infiniti Global Line range of PC
Servers which incorporate building blocks from Intel and are integrated
and tested extensively for Indian condition.
- The Board of Directors unanimously appointed Mr. Ajai Chowdhry as
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer with effect from 5th November.
- The Company launched its WWW.OW! initiative targeted at the internet
market with a range of services from providing complete infrastructure
to ISPs, to corporate Intranets, Cybercafes, Infokiosks and E-Commerce.
- The Office Automation division has recently launched digital copiers
and multifunctional products from Toshiba and opened service centres to
cater to the increasing number of walk-in customers for service of
Nokia cellular phones.
- The Company tied up with Lucent Technologies as an integration
partner for its SYSTIMAX range of structured connectivity solutions.
- The Office Automation Division has entered into a relationship with
Samsung, Korea to market and support their range of Key Telephone
- The Office Automation Division tied up with InFocus, USA, for
marketing and supporting their range of LCD projectors.
- The Frontline Division has tied up with Novell to become the largest
Novell Authorised Support Centre. The tie-up has been successfully
implemented across five locations in the country.
- The Company tied-up with Microsoft Corp. for lates version of
operating systems, resulting in launch of preloaded systems and beta
testing for future technology and product like Windows 2000.
- HCL has launched a new range of PCs (Ultima and Elite models) under
its BeanStalk range of PC's at its Pondicherry plant.
- The Company entered into an agreement with US-based Infocus for
distribution and technological support of the latter's data and video
projection products in the country.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd. has launched the Nokia professional Centre (NPC)
in Chennai as part of the expansion programme to open Nokia centres in
India which will enable customers to choose the right model and
accessories suiting their life style.
- HCL Infinet, the Internet start-up of HCL Infosystems, and media
group, Asian Age, have set up a joint venture called Asian Age Infinet.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd has launched in India the Swedish major
Ericsson's Generation X Business communication too, "Next Call Centre".
- The Office Automation Division of the company has been recognised for
level 1 in business excellence.
- HCL Infosystems has launched HCL BenaStalk personal computers powered
by Intel Pentium III 700 Mhz processor for the home segment.
- HCL Infinet Ltd., the Internet services subsidiary of HCL
Infosystems, has tied up with UBS Publishers' Distributors Ltd., one of
the largest distributors of books in the country, to sell books online
through its soon-to-be-launched portal.
- HCL Infosystems has entered into a tie-up with BroadVision for
providing personalised e-business applications to is clients.
- HCL Infinet, the Internet subsidiary of HCL Infosystems, launched its
business-to-consumer (B2C) horizontal portal, www.hclinfinet.com.
- The preferential allotment of equity shares/Warrants upto 2% of the
issued equity share capital of the company.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd,. and Unisys, a US-based provider of e-business
solutions, services, platforms and network infrastructure, have entered
into an alliance for use of ES7000 range of servers and associated
hardware and middleware storage solutions.
- HCL Infinet, the new internet services subsidiary of HCL Infosystems,
launched its value added internet services in Hyderabad, Ahmedabad,
Bhopal, Coimbatore, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Noida, Pune and
- HCL Infosystems Ltd. has implemented BroadVision B2B Technology for
East Lifestyle Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Singapore, a media and e-commerce
corporation with interests in print, Internet, television within the
timeframe of 50 days.
- FEC Infosystems Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of HCL Infosystems Ltd., has
implemented BroadVision B2B technology for East Lifestyle Corporation
Pte. Ltd. Singapore, a media and e-commerce corporation.
- The Company has launched digital mail inserting systems -- 3 series
desktop, 5 series tabletop and 8 series -- in collaboration with the
US-based Pitney Bowes.
- HCL Infosystems, a technology integration company, has bagged the
award for the Top PC Vendor by at the Dataquest award ceremony.
- The Company Introduced Channel Support Certification program. This
ensures uniform quality of support across the country. HCL is the
first indian IT company to introduce this kind of certification program
- The Company has introduced new products under Infiniti 2000, Infinite
Global Line Servers, Busybee and Beanstalk.
- ICRA has assigned an `A1+' rating to the Rs 50-crore enhanced
commercial paper programme of HCL Infosystems Ltd., indicating highest
- 1,45,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10/- have been allotted at
par, by the subsidiary HCL InfiNet Ltd. against Rs 1450 lacs subscribed
in the previous quarter.
- HCL Infosystems and Intel have jointly launched an e-business
solutions programme, targeting new market opportunities in segments
such as Internet service providers, application service providers,
banking and finance.
- HCL InfiNet Ld., the Internet services subsidiary of HCL Infosystems,
has launched an authenticated payment gateway for its portal,
www.hclinfinet.com, in association with Citibank to enable customers to
carry out secure transactions online including buying Internet access.
- HCL Infosystems is setting up a managed off-shore development centre
at its Noida software development facility for Stratech Systems -- the
Singapore-based IT systems and technology developer.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd. launched a consumer friendly Internet appliance
(IA) -- Ezeebee.
- HCL-Infosystems is entering the call centre business. The company has
tied up with US-based Stratasoft to offer consultancy services to
clients entering the call centre business.
- Financial institutions hiked their stake in HCL Infosystems Ltd to
7.51 per cent representing 23.9 lakh shares as on June 2001, from 4.64
per cent stake amounting to 14.7 lakh shares in the previous year.
-HCL Insys joins hands with Sun Microsystems India to provide end-to-end solutions to business.
-HCL Insys says it is the No.1 PC Co in India in 2001.
-HCL Tech restructures its treasury Investment portfolio.
-HCL Infosystems launches its 'Bean stalk CD surprise' to promote PC sales.
-HCL Infosystems introduces mailing system of Pitney Bowes, OfficeRight, the Digital
mail finisher and post perfect, and digital franking systems.
-HCL bags Toshiba gold Award for the second time for the overall copier sales and
-HCL Insys launches the Toshiba Portege 3500 series Tablet PC in the nation.
-HCL Info launches Dragon Naturally speaking, the latest speech recognition software.
-HCL Infsys receives the project to completely automate the Value Added Services(VAT)
of Andhra Pradesh.
-HCL Info registers 245% growth in their net profit for Q4.
-The company has launched " HCL Beanstalk Media Center PC" The new product will offer user a single remote control device controlling music system, live television (including recording of TV programmes), DVD player, radio and TV games on a personal computer with a keyboard.
-HCL provides technology for new police command centre
-HCL Info forays into digital entertainment sector
-HCL Infosystems has launched a new computer that will have multi-functional capability of a television, DVD, MP3 player, radio, gaming tool, Web browser and video recorder
-HCL touches one lakh milestone in desktop sales
-HCL Infosystems announced the launch of its new range of Infiniti Global Line 2700 series with Dual Intel Xeon processors promising to deliver faster speeds for enterprise applications
-HCL Info launches new MP3 player
-HCL Info ties up with Union Bank
-Unveils 'RP2 System' a new technology which will ensure uninterrupted power supply to computers
-Launches Micro Balanced Technology Extended (BTX) Form Factor for desktops in India on February 10, 2005.
-HCL Info unveils PC for Rs 12,990
-HCL Infosystems launches Toshiba's notebook PCs
-HCL inks 5 year pact with Dish TV
-HCL Info sets up Enterprise Response Centre in Mumbai
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- HCL Infosystems Ltd has announced that the Company has been awarded one of the most prestigious contracts for establishing the Punjab State wide Area Network (PAWAN). HCL's specialized expertise in the e-governance vertical made it the primary choice for setting up this backbone infrastructure by Government of Punjab (GOP).
- HCL Infosystems has bagged a 23-million dollar deal to implement IT infrastructure for the Pan-African e-Network Project, which provides tele-education and tele-medicine. The project would connect 53 African countries into one network.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd has informed that Mr. Nikhil Sinha has been appointed as an additional Director of the Board of the Company.
- HCL Infosystems announced its venture into partnership with BSNL for offering low-cost broadband-enabled computers in rural areas.
- PC maker HCL Infosystems on March 26 unveiled its new 'ME Series 40' notebook, priced at Rs. 41,500, on the occasion of Earth Hour 2010. The notebook has BFR concentrations of less than 0.1 per cent, which makes the product 100 per cent recyclable and environment-friendly.
-HCL Infosystems has been awarded a project worth Rs. 40 crores by Department of Higher Education, Government of Himachal Pradesh
-HCL Infosystems bags Rs. 250cr order from BSNL.
-HCL Infosystems bags IT order from Punjab and Sind Bank
-HCL Infosystems bags over Rs. 300 crores (approx US$ 66 Million) order from Indian Air Force under its Systems Integration Defence Practice
-HCL Infosystems implements IT infrastructure project for ONGC
-HCL Infosystems wins Rs. 278 crore order from Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd.
-HCL Infosystems appoints Neeraj Jaitley as President of Enterprise Solutions
-HCL Infosystems emerges as a winner of Rs 2, 200 crore Aadhaar project from UIDAI
-HCL Infosystem acquires EDURIX business from Attano Media
-HCL Infosystems acquires remaining 40% stake in HCLI MEA
-The the prestigious Golden Peacock Eco Innovation Award 2013 for eNBA project during the 15th World Congress on Environment Management .
-The Company Won INDIA Public Sector Enterprises Award 2013
-HCL Infosystems rallies on plans to phase-off manufacturing business
-HCL Infosystems appoints Premkumar Seshadri as Executive Vice-Chairman
-Mr. Sanjeev Sharma has been appointed as Additional Director on the Board of the Company
-HCL Infosystems jumps nearly 5% on signing deal with Nokia
-HCL Infosystems Partners with Symantec to Provide Enterprise Security Solutions