- The Company was incorporated on 20th November as a public limited
Company under the name 'Aptech Information Systems Ltd'. The Company
was promoted by Atul K. Nishar, Dr. (Mrs.) Alka Nishar and Dr. K. K.
Anand. The company is engaged in the business of imparting education
in information technology and providing consultancy services.
- As per the scheme of Arrangement & Reconstruction between Apple
Finance Ltd. and the company the erstwhile Information Technology
division of Apple Finance Ltd. was transferred to the company with
effect from 1st July 1995.
- As per the scheme, the shareholders of Apple Finance Ltd. were
allotted shares of the company without any cost in the ratio of one
equity share of Rs 10 each of the company for every ten shares of Apple
- During the year, the company added two new product lines ARENA for
training in computer Graphics Animation, Publishing and Multimedia and
ASSET for Training engineers for software Export careers.
- During the year, 'Astrocity' an Edutainment site on the internet was
launched with the objective of imparting training to students on
'internet' and 'The Information Superhighway'.
- The Company entered into a tie-up agreement with M/s. Forte Inc. USA
to distribute the range of Forte's products in India to provide systems
Integrated Services to the clients all over Asia.
- The name of the Company has changed to the present one from Aptech
Information System Ltd. effective 5th August.
- The Company took up the activity of marketing and distribution of
worldclass software products from software giants like Oracle, Sybase,
Informix, Forts SCO and Congnos to tap new avenue for development.
- The Company entered into various alliances to further its objectives,
the Indira Gandhi National Open University at Delhi, being the primary
alliance partner at the national level and global giants of the like of
Sylvan Prometric and Macromedia uniting with the company in the
- The Company proposed to issue bonus shares to the exiting
shareholders in the ratio of 1:1.
- Aptech is to set up its subsidiary in the US shortly. To be called
Aptech Worldwide Ltd, the American arm will establish information
technology training centres in the American region.
- Aptech, in conjunction with its group company, Hexaware InfoSystems,
has also set up base in South-East Asia through a joint venture in
- The company has set up training centres in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi,
Muscat, Doha and Sharjah.
- Aptech holds about 70 per cent stake in the joint venture whose
equity base is about $1 million.
- Aptech Limited executed an agreement with National Securities
Depository Limited (NSDL) for the equity shares of the company. Under
the agreement, the shareholders who are desirous of dematerialising
their share certificates can now surrender their share certificates to
any depository participant.
- Aptech Ltd, a leading global information technology company, has
received the prestigious Global growth company award from the World
- Malaysian joint venture that Aptech is participating in is to set up
its second training centre in that country. Further, Aptech is
awaiting the final permission before it can set up its US subsidiary.
- Apple Computer Inc., carries out its Indian operations through its
wholly-owned subsidiary, Apple Computer International Ltd.
- Aptech Ltd. has entered into a collaboration with TACK Training
International, UK, to offer TACK's training services to the Indian
- Aptech Ltd, the information technology training company, has entered
into a collaboration with Regents College of United States to provide
computer technology career course to facilitate students access degrees
from the College which is headquartered in New York.
- Computer education major Aptech Ltd. is to set up 150 computer
education centers in 40 countries.
- Aptech Ltd, the computer education company, is to form a joint
venture in China to tap the vast education and training potential in
- Computer education and software firm Aptech Ltd. and Wipro Net Ltd.
and a subsidiary of International Business Machines Corp are forming an
alliance in the area of online education.
- The company's education portal, Onlinevarsity.com, had signed a
partnership arrangement with Jobstreet.com, an Asian online employment
- Aptech Ltd. has launched a new curriculum for its e-ACCP (Aptech
Certified Computer Professional) programme.
- BConnectB Worldwide Ltd., the business-to-business (B2B) subsidiary
of Aptech Ltd., launched 'ISearchCenter.com' which would provide
Net-based research services.
- The Company is proposing to access international capital markets to
raise funds to become global information technology major.
- Aptech Ltd its American subsidiary has got an order from a Fortune
500 US company to develop software using the wireless application
- Aptech will list its Global Depository Receipts on the London Stock
- Aptech has tied up with a Canadian educational portal
(skillsforyou.com) for some of its sales, marketing and personality
- Health Total, a corporate providing health programmes that take care
of the needs of Executives and professionals without infringing on
their valuable time, has tied up with Aptech to assist its employees to
attain optimum health.
- Computer training and services major Aptech's Global Depository
Receipt (GDR) issue has been priced at $14.29 for a share.
- The Company has determined to issue and offer 1,20,20,906 GDSs
(including greenshoe option) at $7.175 each, aggregating $86.25
millions, in accordance with the approval obtained from the members of
- The Company had launched Internet access service through a
wholly-owned subsidiary and hoped to have a subscriber base of 150,000
within a year.
- Aptech Internet, a 100 per cent subsidiary of the Rs 1,500-crore
Aptech group, is venturing into the Internet service provider market
under the brand name Tring Tring.
- The Company has acquired Specsoft Consulting Inc. of USA for a
consideration of about $10 million.
- Aptech Internet, a wholly owned subsidiary of computer software and
training company Aptech, has launched an internet service provider
under the brand TringTring.
- The Company would be ready for converting its GDS into ADR, or go for
a listing on the technology-heavy Nasdaq, by mid-2001.
- SteelRX Corporation, a B2B steel portal, has signed an MoU with
BconnectB.com Worldwide Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aptech Ltd.,
for providing ASP services to its members.
- Onlinevarsity.com, a division of Aptech, and TA Pai Management
Institute, Manipal, have launched an online post graduate diploma in
- The paid up Equity Share Capital has gone up from Rs. 1250.96 lacs to
Rs. 3030.07 lacs due to allotment of Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:1
on 16th June, 2000 and issue of further 52,26,481 Equity Shares in the
form of GDR on 28th July.
- Aptech Ltd major expansion in China where its 50:50 joint venture
with the Chinese government -- Aptech Beijing Beida Jadebird Company is
set to expand its network of software education and trining to 75
centres across China by the end of the current year.
- Aptech Internet's ISP, Tring Tring, has tied up with three companies
for sponsoring its specially developed home Net training programmes.
- Asset International, Aptech Ltd.'s high-end technology training arm,
has tied up with Australian IT Careers Institute to provide an
e-commerce course at a global level. It launched its e-commerce course
firstname.lastname@example.org in the City of Calcutta.
- Aptech has entered into a strategic alliance with Powerlan,
Australia's largest publicly-listed IT&T services company, to launch an
international IT course for students looking for employment
- Aptech Internet, the 100 per cent subsidiary of the Aptech Group, has
launched its person-to-person site, an answer engine which offers both
advisory and remote services.
- Aptech Limited and GlobalCommerce have signed a comprehensive MoU
that covers providing solutions to financial institutions in Indian and
Asia-Pacific regions using the GlobalCommerce products and technologies
such as TradeServer and CERTH.
- Aptech has signed up Deloitte Haskins & Sells to value its software
business which is proposed to be spun-off and merged with US software
company Hexaware technologies.
- Arena Multimedia, an arm of Aptech Ltd. is offering a new course
called 'Triple Certificate in Multimedia, Web Engineering and Media
- Aptech Online Ltd., Aptech Ltd's wholly-wned subsidiary, has
introduced an online quality management training course in
collaboration with Qimpro College on its Web site
- Arena Multimedia, the multimedia training and education arm of Aptech
Ltd., proposes to set up Arena Animation Academies in Hyderabad,
Chennai and New Delhi in the current year.
- Aptech Computer Education is offering the new eACCP 2002 course to
- Aptech Ltd has entered into an alliance with Pasona Tech, apan, to
address the IT consulting market in Japan.
-Microsoft and Aptech Ltd have entered into an alliance under which the
former will establish a Centre of Excellence (CoE) at the computer
-Arena Multimedia unveils its 3 years career course named 'Arena Multimedia Specialist Programme'.
-Ties up with Deutsche Leasing AG, Bad Hombury Germany to assist in restructuring and modernization of their European IT operation which is worth Rs.110 crores.
-Signs a long term strategic alliance with Temenos, who are the leaders in banking products and software systems.
-Board approves for the allotment of the shares to Employee Stock Option Trust.
-PeopleSoft forges a Build, Operate and Transfer(BOT) deal with a view to commission a service centre in Bangalore.
-Wins a multi-million dollar assignment with US leading manufacturer to provide HR solutions to the customers.
-The company has sold its entire stake in US-based Mentorix Technologies, to Lionbridge Technologies for $7.5 million
-Entered into a partnership with IBM- Rational to develop competencies in Rational technologies and methodologies.
-Hexaware Technologies unveils European Development Center at Bad Homburg, Germany
-Hexaware Technologies Ltd has bagged a deal with Lufthansa Systems, for providing maintenance services to its check-in, inventory and ticketing applications
-Hexaware Technologies wins large order with a global insurance company based in UK
-Hexaware receives contracts from two major US based global corporations
-Hexaware Technologies wins 2 contracts worth $ 5 mn in Independent Testing Services
-Hexaware Selects Fluensee as Partner for RFID-Enabled Asset Tracking Solutions.
-Hexaware Technologies Ltd has been appointed Ms. Preeti Mehta (Non-executive & Independent Director) as Additional Director on the Board of the Company w.e.f. March 23, 2007.
-Hexaware Technologies Ltd, on June 11, 2007 has announced that it has been selected by a major System Integrator in Japan to develop a core bespoke application for the IT modernization of the Postal department of a South East Asian country.
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd has informed that Mr. S K Mitra has been appointed as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Hexaware Technologies Ltd has informed that Mr. Bharat Shah has been appointed as an Additional Director of the Company, by the Board of Directors at its meeting held on July 29, 2008 in the capacity of an Independent Director.
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd has informed that Mr. Ashish Dhawan has been appointed as an Additional Director of the Company pursuant to Section 260 of the Companies Act, 1956 w.e.f. May 20, 2009 in the capacity of a Non-Independent Director.