1961 - The Company was Incorporated on 27th September, at
Tiruchirapalli at Tamil Nadu.
- The Company's object is to manufacture industrial and domestic
meters, measuring and recording instruments, gadgets, tools and
implements, indicators, electronic machinery and appliances and
1962 - Issued 16,700 No. of equity shares to directors etc. and 15,000
pref. shares to Insurance companies, 37,500 No. of equity shares
to LIC, and 66,667 No. of equity to C.D.F.C. London. 15,000
pref. and 1,38,833 No. of equity shares issued to public in May.
1963 - 2,000 No. of equity shares forfeited for non-payment of calls in
1974 - Southern Electronics Pvt. Ltd. was amalgamated with the Company
with effect from 1st May.
- The Company holds all the 10,300 No. of equity shares of Rs.10
each issued by its subsidiary, Energy Investments Ltd.
- 1,99,359 No. of equity shares allotted to the members of
Southern Electronics (Pvt.) Ltd. and 70,167 No. of equity shares
held by Southern Electronics cancelled on its merger with the
1976 - The Company received a letter of intent for the manufacture of
high energy batteries (Silver Oxide Zinc), required by the
Defence department, in collaboration with Yardney Electric
Corporation, Inc., U.S.A. The plant was commissioned on 1st July
1979. The collaboration with Yadney Electric Corporation Inc.
U.S.A. expired on 30th June, 1984.
- The Company received a letter of intent for the manufacture of 7
mn. nos. per annum of sealed cylindrical nickel cadmium cells.
1977 - 30,000 pref. shares redeemed.
1979 - The Company undertook to develop nickel cadmium (Ni-cd) sealed
cylindrical cells. A pilot plant was being established for
developing initially 3 sizes of such sealed cylindrical cells
popularly known as size 'D', size 'C'.
1982 - The company received and installed all machinery. Pilot samples
of NI-CAD cells were made successfull.
1983 - The Company undertook to develop Ah 350 batteries for use by
- Towards the end of the year, Mathur Investment Company, Ltd.
became a subsidiary of the Company.
- Consequent upon the sale of Meter division, the name of the
Company was changed from Simco Metres, Ltd. to the present one
with effect from 12th September.
1984 - The Company developed a new generation of HR45 batteries and a
substantially improved version of silver-zinc batteries for
supply to IAF called Mark II.
1985 - 15% secured redeemable non-convertible debentures of the
aggregate value of Rs.40 lakhs were privately placed with UTI to
augment long-term resources and to meet a portion of the cost of
- These debentures are redeemable at a prem. of 5% in three equal
annual instalments between the 6th and 8th year from the date of
allotment, the earliest date of redemption being 4th March, 1992.
1986 - The Company received type approval for 7.2 Ah Nickel-Cadmium
prismatic cell batteries.
- 4,47,192 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1987 - The company installed and commissioned equipment for partial
automation in the manufacture of positive electrodes for Silver
- The Company was exploring the possibility of acquiring the
State-of-art-technology in the manufacture of Ni-cd electrodes.
1988 - The margins, however, were adversely affected mainly due to
overall increase in the employer cost and selling and
distribution expenses and higher provision for depreciation.
1989 - Turnover declined due to late receipt of orders for HR45
batteries from the Government.
- The Company proposed to undertake leasing business. The Company
proposed to manufacture batteries for general consumer market.
Negotiations were on only with foreign parties who would agree to
buy-back the product to meet the cost of imports such as
technical know-how, capital goods, etc. from the proceeds
1990 - The Indian Air Force could not place further orders for HR-45
batteries due to want of budgetary sanction.
- The Research and Development division developed quality fibre for
fibre technology nickel cadmium batteries.
- 2,000 forfeited shares reissued at a prem. of Rs.5 per share to
employees of the company.
1994 - Development of a very high capacity primary silver zinc battery
was in advanced stage of development. Also the unit undertook
development of INWGT secondary battery.
-High Energy Batteries India Ltd delists equity shares from Madras Stock Exchange Ltd (MSE) with effect from March 07, 2007.
- High Energy Batteries India Ltd has informed that Smt. D Vijayalakshmi, Nominee of Life Insurance Corporation of India was inducted as an Additional Director with effect from June 23, 2007. She is liable to retire and is to be elected in the ensuing Annual General Meeting.