1926 - The Company was Incorporated as a public limited company. The
Company's objects Engineering and construction. The Company
undertakes the construction of tunnels, railway bridges and other
large scale construction work of all kinds.
1948 - In May, 24,000 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 2:1.
1962 - 36,000 Bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 1:1.
1966 - 1,08,000 Bonus Equity shares issued in the prop. 3:2.
1967 - Walchand Tandur Cement Co. Ltd., Hyderabad became a subsidiary of
the Company with effect from 11th October.
- 72,000 Bonus Equity shares issued in the prop. 2:5.
1972 - 8 1/2% debentures in three series of the value of Rs.60 lakhs,
Rs.25 lakhs and Rs.35 lakhs were issued and allotted to ICICI,
LIC and UTI respectively.
1976 - The Ganga Bridge Construction Co. Ltd., became subsidiary of the
Company on 30th March.
1983 - 25,20,000 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 1:1 in December.
1984 - During March, the Company issued 15% non-convertible debentures
for Rs.6 crores on rights basis. Subscription to the extent of
Rs.10 crores were retained. Allotment was made in September.
- 12,60,000 No. of equity shares offered at par for public
subscription during March. Arrears Rs. 2,000.
1985 - The company with necessary approvals, disposed of its entire
investments in Walchand Tandur Cement Co., Ltd. at par to one
of its associates Walchand Industries, Ltd. Subsequently,
effective from 20th June, 1986, Walchand Tandur Cement Co. Ltd.
ceased to be its subsidiary.
- UTI agreed to extend the date of redemption of these debentures
by a period of 7 years from July at an increased rate of
interest of 15% with a prem. of 5% on redemption.
1986 - The Company entered into foreign consultancy agreements with
Pullman Power Products International Corporation, U.S.A and
Interform, Sweden for its Trombay chimney works.
- The name of Ganga Bridge Construction Co. Ltd. was changed to
"HCC Prefabricates Ltd.". However on review, it was once again
changed to "The Ganga Construction, Ltd.".
1987 - The Company renewed the technical collaboration agreement with
Taisei Corporation of Japan for execution of the underground
tunnel work for Metro railway project in Calcutta. It entered
into a foreign consultancy agreement with Geoconsult of Austria
for the Company's tender for construction of tunnel between
Sewri and Futka Tank in Mumbai for BMC and with Bureau BBR
International Ltd., Zurich in Switzerland, for the company's
tender for superstructure design and construction of Godavari
Bridge III in AP.
1988 - The Company's technical collaboration agreement with Taisei
Corpn., Japan for execution of the underground tunnel work for
the Metro Railway project in Calcutta, came to an end.
- Government gave its approval for the (i) foreign consultancy
agreements with Geoconsult of Austria for construction of tunnel
between Sewree and Futka tank in Mumbai, (ii) With Bureau RBR
Ltd. Zurich, Switzerland for work of superstructure design and
construction of Godavari bridge III in A.P.
1989 - On 25th September, the Company proposed to buy the entire paid-up
capital consisting of 10,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.100 each
at a price of Rs.138 per share of Vikhroli Metal Fabricators,
Ltd. (one of the companies of the Walchand group) held by The
Premier Construction Co., Ltd. so as to make Vikhorli Metal
Fabrication, Ltd. a subsidiary of the Company.
- Due to lock-out of metro works at Calcutta, inadequate funding by
the client affected the projects like Chandil dam and Icha dam in
Bihar and initial stages of mobilisation of other projects.
1990 - The Company issued 4,90,200 - 12.5% secured redeemable
convertible debentures of Rs.80 each of which 24,510 debentures
were offered to employees of the Company (including Indian
Working Directors)/workers of the Company (only 5,075 debentures,
were taken up).
- The remaining 4,65,690 debentures along with the unsubscribed
portion of 1,943 debentures of employees quota were offered to
the public. (only 4,83,624 debentures were taken up). The
unsubscribed portion of 1,500 debentures were allotted on private
- Rs.30 (Part A) of the face value of each debenture was to be
compulsorily and automatically converted into three equity shares
of Rs.10 each at par on the expiry of 6 months from the date of
allotment of debentures. Accordingly, 14,70,600 No. of equity
shares were allotted.
- Rs.50 (Part B) of the face value of each debenture was to be
redeemed at par in three instalments of Rs.15, Rs.15 and Rs.20
each on the expiry of 7th, 8th and 9th year respectively from the
date of allotment of debentures.
1991 - The Company entered into a joint venture with M/s.
Impregilo-Italy and submitted tender bid for Nathpa Thakri hydel
project in Himachal Pradesh. The Contract for road construction
works in the State of Malavi was terminated.
- The Company secured Construction Management Services from M/s.
John Laing International Ltd. U.K.
1994 - The company signed a joint venture with Alfred McAlpine
International Ltd., U.K.
- The Company proposed to enter into real estate development
business with development of its own property at Vikhorli into a
Corporate Park and Residential Complex.
- Walchand Hindustan Ltd. (Formerly Premier Construction Co., Ltd.)
the holding company holds 100,28,480 No. of Equity shares out of
a total 200,33,250 No. of equity shares issued by the company.
1995 - The Company signed joint venture agreements with M/s. Renong
Overseas Corporation SDN BHD of Malaysia for Express Highways in
Maharashtra and Gujarat. M/s. Van Oord ACZ BV of Holland for
execution of projects under ADB for Ennore Port Development in
Chennai and M/s. John Laing International Ltd. of U.K. for
construction managed services for National highway projects.
- The Company issued 45,00,000 - 16.5% secured Redeemable partly
convertible debentures of Rs.200 each for cash at par to public.
Part `A' of Rs.45 was converted into one equity share of Rs.10
each at a premium of Rs.35 per share on the date of allotment.
- 77,66,625 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1. 1,425
forfeited shares annulled. 45,00,000 shares allotted on
conversion of debentures.
1996 - There has been a setback in the Mumbai Water Supply Tunnel i.e.
WZO (A) due to failure of the horizontal kelly of the Full Faced
Tunnel Boring Machine which necessitated the repairs at Germany
and five months time was lost before the work could be restarted
in the tunnel.
1997 - The Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding with M/s.
Bechtel Water Technology U.K., M/s. Hyundai Engineering &
Construction group, Korea, Sam Sung Corporation, Seoul, Korea and
M/s. PATI SDN BHD, Malaysia for participating in Water Supply
Projects, Bridge Highway and Hydro-Electric Projects
- The company holds about 4.94 lakh sq ft of land, which it
proposes to develop into an commercial-cum-entertainment complex.
1998 - Credit Analysis & Research Ltd. (CARE) has assigned a RR1+ (PR
one Plus) rating to the proposed commercial paper issue of USV
for Rs.5 crores.
- Hindustan Construction Company has obtained the rating for PR+
form CARE for its Rs.10 crore commercial paper issue.
- The company has maintained dividend at the rate of 10 per cent on
its paid up capital.
1999 - Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) has entered into a series of
joint ventures, including ones with Hyundai, Samsung, Bechtel,
and Pati Berhad, to enable it to bid agressively for
infrastructure projects in the country.
- The company has entered into a joint venture with Hyundai
Construction and Engineering for the Rs 220-crore cable-stayed
bridge across the Yamuna in Allahabad.
- The company has entered into a joint venture with Pati Berhad, a
Malaysian-based construction giant that has excuted several
projects in south-east Asia.
- HCC is involved in civil engineering and construction activities
and has a good track record of building bridges, roads and power
- Hindustan Construction Company Ltd (HCCL) was awarded a contract
for the construction of Icha Dam across the river Kharkai in Kuju
village by the State of Bihar (the defendants).S
2000 - The Company has entered into a tripartite agreement with CDSL and
MCS Ltd., R&T agent of the company for dematerialisation. The
equity shares have been made live on CDSL from March.
- The joint venture of Hyundai of Korea and Hindustan Construction
Corporation has bagged the contract for construction of India's
first cable stayed bridge across the river Yamuna at Naini in
- Care has assigned a PR1+ rating to the Commercial Paper programme
of Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. for Rs 150mn.
- The Company has enered into tripartite agreement with NSDL, CDSL and MCS
Ltd. for dematerialisation of shares.
- Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd. has floated an information technology subsidiary,
NCC Infotech Ltd.
2001 - The Company has been awarded a contract by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.,
New Delhi, for the construction of Delhi Metro Rail Corridor, Package MC-1A.
-Bags Rs.912.3 million contract from Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd for construction of 4 laning of Satara-Kolhapur-Maharashtra.
-Director Mr D M Savur resigns from the Directorship of the company.
-Forfeits 9250 equity shares due to non payment of allotment /call monies.
-Reappoints Mr K G T Tendulkar as the Executive Director on the Board of the company.
-BOD voluntarily delists the equity shares of the company from the Delhi Stock Exchange of the company.
-Hindustan Construction gets Rs 843 crore order for lifting water from Godavari river using a single pipeline to fill the tanks at Bhimghanpur, Ramappa, Salivagu, Nagaram, Dharmasagar and Ghanpur railway station in Andhra Pradesh
-Hindustan Construction Co Ltd (HCC) has bagged an order from the National Highways Authority of India to execute a project involving four-laning of a 77 km stretch of highway in the Chandikhole-Paradip section in Orissa.
- Awards an order of Rs 121 crore for the supply of spiral welded pipes to PSL Ltd. to carry out the Godavari Lift Irrigation Scheme project for Government of Andhra Pradesh.
-Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has informed that the Company has secured its first BOT Project worth Rs 302 million from the office of the Executive Engineer, Integrated Unit, PWD
-Hindustan Construction secures a contract worth Rs 2144 mn
-Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has informed that the Company has received "Notice to Proceed" for execution of "Restoration of Piers Project - King Abdul-Aziz Naval Base, Jubail", Royal Saudi Naval Forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
-HCC gets 'National Award for Fly Ash Utilisation'
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Re 1
-Hindustan Construction Company has bagged the contract awarded by National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) worth Rs 396 crore for construction of the Teesta Low Dam hydroelectric power project in West Bengal. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd (HCC) was one of the foremost infrastructure building companies in India.
-Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has informed that the Company has been awarded a contract for Rs 3171.10 million from National Highways Authority of India, New Delhi for construction of Four Laning of National Highway from Km. 126/450 to Km 140/700 and Km. 164/080 to Km 165/400 (Mailbang to Nrimbanglo) Section of NH-54 in the State of Assam - Contract Package - EW-II (AS-23).
-Hindustan Construction signs on Starwood Hotels to Manage Resort, Convention Centre at Lavasa Township
-Hindustan Construction gets DMRC contract
-Hindustan Construction bags Rs 340 Crore BOT Project from NHAI to construct Badrapur elevated six lane highway
-Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has informed regarding award of two new contracts aggregating to Rs 1688.28 Crore from Government of Andhra Pradesh, Irrigation and CAD Department.
- Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has received Rs. 276.44 crore Pare HEPP order.
-HCC signs two MoUs worth Rs 41.5 K cr with Gujarat government
-HCC Ties Up with AMEC for Independent Nuclear Technology Services
-HCC bags Rs 387.50 Crore order for Dagacchu Hydro Power Plant, Bhutan
- The civil works at the Rajasthan Atomic Power Project, Rawatbhata will now be done by the Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) as it has bagged an order worth Rs 887.92 crore from Nuclear Power Corporation (NPCIL).
- HCC Infrastructure (HIL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) in order to bid and develop large NHAI (road) projects in India.
- Hindustan Construction Company Ltd has informed BSE that HCC-CPPL i.e. Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd. (HCC) and Coastal Projects Pvt. Ltd. (CPPL) has been awarded a contract for construction of single line BG Tunnel No. 12 in between Khongsang-Tupul in connection with construction of New Railway Line Project between Jinbham and Tupur in Imphal, from North Front Railway.
-Hindustan Construction Company has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Vizag Cavern Project, Vishakapatnam, India's first strategic oil reserve.
- Infrastructure Excellence Award, by CNBC TV18.
- CIDC Vishwakarma Award for 'Best Project'.
- Construction Week Award for 'Roads and Highways project of the year'.
- ICI - MC-Bauchemie Award for most outstanding concrete structure of the year .
- HCC Ltd. (Hindustan Construction Company Ltd), IndiaÂs leading Infrastructure Construction and Development Company has been awarded an EPC contract by Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd.
- HCC (Hindustan Construction Company), a leading infrastructure construction and development company, in a joint venture with Alstom is awarded a prestigious contract worth Rs 1843 crore from THDC India Ltd (THDCIL) to construct Tehri Pumped Storage Plant.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To Hincon House, 11th Floor, 247 Park, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Vikhroli (West), Mumbai-400 083, Maharashtra, India
- Construction Week Award for 'Power Project of the Year'.
- Dun & Bradstreet - Axis Bank Infra Award 2012 for Best Project under category 'Power Plants'.
- CIDC Vishwakarma Award for 'Best Project'.
- HCC (Hindustan Construction Company Ltd), a leading Engineering & Construction Company, has received a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) for an Rs.289 crore contract to construct a bulk water transmission system for Gujarat Water Infrastructure Limited.
- HCC (Hindustan Construction Company), a leading infrastructure construction and development company in joint venture with Coastal Projects Ltd, has been awarded a project by North Frontier Railway.
- HCC (Hindustan Construction Company), a leading infrastructure construction and development company has secured its third contract worth Rs 373 crore from the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- HCC-Samsung JV wins contact worth Rs 866 cr by DMRC for Metro- Phase III
- HCC awarded Rs 1597cr contract by THDC India Ltd.
- HCC bestowed Best Social Investment Strategy award by CSR World Congress.
- Hind.ConstructionCo. - HCC JV awarded order worth Rs. 903.83 crore
- HCC wins Rs. 393 Crore road contract on the Indo-Nepal border
- HCC awarded Rs 278 crore PWD contract
-CIDC Vishwakarma Award 2015 under the category 'Achievement Award for Best Construction Projects in Roads and Highways'
-HCC secures arbitration award worth Rs 217.18 cr
-HCC JV bags order worth Rs 1,114 crore from Manipur Government.
-"HCC awarded Rs 635 crore contract from NTPC".
-"HCC to receive 75% arbitral award amount of appx Rs. 2000 crore within 4 to 6 weeks".
-HCC has been awarded a Rs 374.6 crore contract for a lift irrigation scheme in Madhya Pradesh.