|Our Company was incorporated on July 9, 1918 under the erstwhile Indian Companies Act, 1913 as a public limited company under the name =The Behar Journals LimitedÂ and received the certificate of commencement of business on January 14, 1919. On November 17, 1987 the name of our Company was changed to =Searchlight Publishing House LimitedÂ in order to capitalize on the name earned by its publication =SearchlightÂ which had become synonymous with the CompanyÂs activities for over 67 years. Subsequently, the name of our Company was changed to its present name =Hindustan Media Ventures LimitedÂ to reflect the expanded business activities intended to be undertaken by the Company and the fresh certificate of incorporation to this effect was issued on November 11, 2008.
Acquisition of the Hindi business
Our Company acquired the Acquired Business from our Promoter HT Media pursuant to a Business Purchase Agreement dated November 16, 2009.
1918 Incorporation of our Company as =The Behar Journals LimitedÂ by individuals
including Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Mr. Sachidannand Sinha and Mr. Syed Hassan
Imam, who were the founder Directors of our Company.
1919 Commencement of business of our Company.
Commissioning of printing press at Patna.
Commencement of printing and publishing of English newspaper, =SearchlightÂ.
1947 Commencement of printing and publication of Hindi daily =PradeepÂ at Patna.
1986 Commencement of printing of Hindi daily =HindustanÂ and the English daily
=Hindustan TimesÂ on behalf of =The Hindustan Times LimitedÂ at Patna.
Termination of printing and publication of the Hindi daily =PradeepÂ and the
English daily =Searchlight Â.
1987 Name of the Company changed to =Searchlight Publishing House LimitedÂ, in
order to capitalize on the name earned by its publication =SearchlightÂ.
2000 Commencement of printing of Hindi daily =HindustanÂ and English daily
=Hindustan TimesÂ from Ranchi location, in terms of a printing agreement with the
holding company and publisher of the said publications =The Hindustan Times
2008 Name of the Company changed to =Hindustan Media Ventures LimitedÂ, so as to
reflect the expanded business activities of our Company.
2009 Acquisition of =Hindi businessÂ from HT Media comprising of Hindi daily
newspaper, =HindustanÂ including =Ravivasriya HindustanÂ; magazines =NandanÂ
and =KadambiniÂ; and internet portals of the said publications, including all assets,
liabilities and employees pertaining to the said Hindi business.
-Company has changed its name from Searchlight Publishing House Ltd. to Hindustan Media Ventures Ltd.
- The Company came out with an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of shares, aggregating Rs. 270 Cr., and got listed on BSE & NSE.
- Hind.Media - Launch of Hindi daily newspaper "Hindustan", at Gorakhpur.
- The Company has launched the weekly "Hindustan Jobs" in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Jharkhand.
- The Company have commenced printing of Hindi daily newspaper, namely, "Hindustan" in Aligarh, which was till now, being served by a nearby Print location.
- The Company has launched the Hindi daily newspaper, namely, "Hindustan" in Moradabad.
- Board recommended a Dividend @ Rs. 1.20/- per equity share (12%) of Rs. 10/- each.
- Board recommended a Dividend @ Rs. 1.20 per equity share (12%) of Rs. 10/- each.
- HMVL acquired Hindi Business.