- The Bank was Incorporated on 5th January at Baroda. ICICI Bank was
promoted by ICICI and erstwhile SCICI Ltd. and received the Certificate
for Commencement of Business on 24th February. It does banking
business of all kinds. It was founded as an institution to provide
quality banking services using state-of-the-art technology.
- The Bank has established a well diversified branch network with 24
branches in 15 centres covering 12 states. The bank set up a fully
computerised environment with the State-of-the-art technology at all
offices continuously upgrading its strong systems and procedures with
special emphasis on risk management.
- The deposit products and other services of the bank were branded with
names such as 'Maxicash' for services accounts, 'Money Plus' for
Current Account, 'Quantum' for fixed deposit account, 'Power Pay' for
payroll accounts treasure chest for locker facilities and 'Trice' for
automated teller machine facility.
- The Bank had, in compliance with a directive issued by RBI, deposited
in aggregate Rs 88.16 crores with small Industrial Development Bank of
India and National Bank for Agricultural & Rural Development.
- The 'B' category branches were authorised to handle full range of
foreign exchange transaction of customers and five other branches were
placed in 'C' category to handle limited foreign exchange transactions.
- Seven branches of the bank with substantial foreign exchange business
were linked to the society for worldwide Interbank Telecommunication
(SWIFT) network which enables them to transmit Letter of Credit and
fund transfer messages promptly world wide.
- 700 No. of equity shares subscribed for by signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. 1500,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted
to ICICI Ltd.
- The bank introduced electronic funds transfer facility. The bank has
a full fledged vigilance and inspection department.
- The bank opened 11 branches and 2 extension counters thereby
increasing the total network of branches to 33 and extension counters
- The Bank offered 150,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a
prem., of Rs 25 per share to ICICI.
- The Bank offered for sale 412,50,200 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
each at a price of Rs 35 per share.
- Sicom Ltd. has entered into an agreement with ICICI Bank and Dresdner
Bank for providing a counter guarantee against letters of credits (LCs)
opened by its clients.
- The merger of SCICI with ICICI effective from April 1, the bank has
become a wholly-owned subsidiary of ICICI.
- ICICI Banking Corporation, a fully-owned subsidiary of Industrial
Credit & Investment Corp of India Ltd, has finalised an offer for sale
of 4 crore equity shares of Rs.10 each at a premium of Rs.30 per share,
according to merchant banking sources.
- ICICI Bank, which introduced Internet banking in India, is set to
launch various technology-based new services in the near future. Some
of the new services include setting up of call centres and the
introduction of fund transfers between own accounts in its branches.
- ICICI Banking Corporation Ltd, the first bank in the country to go in
for Internet banking, is now all set to provide its account-holders
with the facility of transferring funds across their accounts on the
1999 - ICICI Bank has signed an agreement to use the NCR switchmark
technology for online-networking all its ATMs, the officials said they
network would come into place in September.
- ICICI Bank recently restructured its organisational structure by
setting up strategic business units for retail banking, corporate
banking and forex and treasury operations, as independent profit
- ICICI is all set to launch a 60-second television commercial on
August 15, 1999.
- ICICI Bank became the first Indian bank to list on the New York Stock
Exchange with its $175-million American depository shares issue
generating a demand book 13 times its size at $2.2 billion.
- The Bank proposes to bring credit cards to the 'large, underserved
population' in rural and semi-urban areas.
- SkyCell Communications Ltd, one of the two cellular service providers
in Chennai, has launched 'Sky Banking', for which the company has tied
up with ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank.
- The ICICI has announced the launch of mobile banking services for its
customers, using the wireless application protocol (WAP) technology.
- Ford India has tied up with ICICI Bank to introduce a scheme,
enabling non-resident Indians (NRIs) to purchase a Ford Ikon car for
their friends and relatives in India.
- ICICI Bank has set up a ATM facility at a Indian Oil Corporation
petrodiesel outlet at Chennai.
- ICICI Bank has tied up with Chennai Telephones to provide Internet
bill payment facility to its customers.
- ICICI Bank has tied up with the Siddhivinayak temple trust to enable
the bank's infinity (Internet banking) customers to order and pay for a
pooja online, on the occasion of 'Aangaraki Chaturthi'.
- The Bank proposes to extend its area of operation by opening about 35
to 40 offices and extension counters during the current fiscal subject
to the Reserve Bank of India's approval.
- ICICI Bank will launch a slew of new schemes in the personal segment
ranging from launch of co-branded credit cards to providing loans
against share within the next three months.
- The Company has offered higher rates of interest on its regular
income bonds and multiplier bonds while pruning it on tax saving bonds.
- The Finance portal India Infoline has tied up with ICICI Bank and
HDFC Bank for banking back-ends.
- Tata Teleservices Ltd. has tied up with ICICI Bank and Global Trust
Bank to enable its customers to use Internet banking facilities for the
payment of telephone bills.
- ICICI Bank will provide credit for online transactions over
chem-B.com, the online trading site for chemicals and chemical
products, launched by Chembazaar Online Pvt. Ltd.
- ICICI became the first financial institution to go for placement of
dematerialised debt securities.
- Mumbai-based ICICI Bank launched its Kid-e-bank facility in
- ELECTRICMELA.com, the B2B portal for the electrical industry is
entering into an alliance with ICICI Bank for payment gateways.
- Spice Cell has tied up with Citibank N A, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank
for mobile bill settlements
- ICICI Bank and UAE Exchange Centre have entered into a wire transfer
arrangement, for electronic and telex transfer of funds.
- The Bank has tied up with MunshiKaka.com to provide value added
services to its customers.
- ICICI has signed a tripartite agreement with Amitabh Bachchan
Corporation Ltd. and Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, appointing him as its brand
- The new generation ICICI Bank has extended its business multiplier
scheme to current account holders in Coimbatore.
- ICICI Bank has launched the Business Multiplier Account in Kerala.
- The swap ratio for the merger of Bank of Madura (BoM) with ICICI Bank
has been pegged at 1:2 i.e., two shares of ICICI Bank for every one
share of BoM.
- The Kerala Government has joined hands with ICICI Bank to introduce
Internet banking facility in the State's public sector undertakings.
- ICICI Bank launched its debit card under the brand name
- ICICI Is all set to become the first domestic financial institution
to get a financial strength rating by the Moody's Interbank Credit
Services, the bank credit rating arm of the international credit rating
agency Moody's Investors Services.
- The Bank of Madura (BOM) got merged with ICICIBK. The share exchange
ratio was fixed at two shares of ICICIBK for one share of BOM. With
this merger ICICIBK has become one of the largest private sector banks
in India. Commenting on the merger Shri H N Sinor, Managing Director
and CEO ICICIBK said that 'This merger would lead to considerable
synergies in the operations of the merged entity and would benefit the
customers and other stakeholders.
- ICICI Bank and Deutsche Bank have entered into a long-term rupee
interest rate swap benchmarked to Government bond yields.
- ICICI Bank has tied up with Advantage E- Accounting to offer an
on-line taxation and personal finance services along with off-line
services like filing.
- The Bank has entered into a wire-transfer arrangement called
'Money2India' with the United Arab Emirates largest foreign exchange
house for transfer of funds to India.
- ICICI emerged as the largest fund mobiliser during 2000-01 by
privately placing debts with more than one year tenure for Rs 6,413
crore, even as public sector State Bank of India placed the single
largest placement of the year for Rs 2,500 crore, according to Prime
- ICICI Bank and BPL Mobile have tied-up to launch a co-branded credit
card. To be named ICICI bank-BPL Mobile Credit Card, the card will be
operational by the end of August this year.
-ICICI Bank has launched its interactive touch screen kiosk 'Sparsh' at
its automated teller machine (ATM) centres and branches allowing free
access to its online services.
- ICICI Bank has introduced a Web-based product that facilitates
on-line conclusion of forex deals in the city.
- ICICI Bank has launched its hundredth ATM in Mumbai. With this, the
bank will have a network of 574 ATMs spread across 54 cities. According
to a press release, ICICI Bank continues to focus attention on newer
functions that will enable the ATM network to be a key tool of its
customer acquisition and retention strategy.
- ICICI Bank launched its 100th ATM in Mumbai at the bank's branch in
Nariman Point. The bank now has a network of 574 ATMs spread over 54
cities in India.
- Visa international and ICICI bank on September 10 announced a pilot
programme for facilitating e-commerce in the country.
- As part of its drive to introduce alternate delivery channels, ICICI
Bank has launched mobile banking facilities in conjunction with Spice
- ICICI Bank has aligned the compensation structure of officers of Bank
of Madura and made it performance-linked in line with ICICI Bank
- The ICICI Bank, Teynampet, Chennai, has been directed by the District
Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Chennai (South) to pay a
compensation of Rs 50,000 to a credit-card holder of the bank for
'deficiency in service'.
- In the run-up to the reverse merger with ICICI Bank, ICICI has
slashed its management grades to have an identical administrative
structure like that of the banking subsidiary. ICICI had changed its
management structure by combining two levels and cutting down the
management structure to eight levels.
- ICICI Bank plans to tap the debt market to raise Rs 350 crore for
meeting Tier-II capital requirements.
- ICICI Bank and BPL Mobile have tied-up to launch a co-branded credit
card. To be named ICICI Bank-BPL Mobile Credit Card.
- The bank has developed multiple access channels comprising lean brick
and mortar branches, ATMs, call centers and Internet banking. As on
June 2001, the bank had a network of 357 branches and 37 extension
counters. Its network of 546 ATMs is the largest in the country
accounting for nearly 18% of all ATMs in the country. Customers in 37
cities can now access account information over the telephone. These
investments in channel infrastructure have enabled the bank to achieve
rapid growth in its retail business.
- CICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors inducted Shri
N Vaghul, as an Additional Director on the Board of the Bank.
non-executive whole-time director and also the non-executive Chairman
of ICICI Ltd.
- The board of directors of ICICI Bank and ICICI in separate meeting at
Mumbai, approved the merger of ICICI with ICICI Bank. The merger of two
wholly-owned subsidiaries of ICICI, ICICI Personal Financial Services
and ICICI Capital Services, with ICICI Bank was also approved by the
respective Boards.The high courts of Mumbai and Gujarat, and the
Government of India (GOI) as may be required. Consequently, the
appointed date of merger is proposed to be March 31, 2002, or the date
from which RBI's approval becomes effective, whichever is later.
- The scheme of amalgamation envisages a share exchange ratio of one
domestic equity share of ICICI Bank for two domestic equity shares of
ICICI. As each American Depositary Share (ADS) of ICICI represents five
domestic equity shares while each ADS of ICICI Bank represents two
domestic equity shares, the ADS holders of ICICI would be issued five
ADS of ICICI Bank in exchange for four ADS of ICICI.
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed BSE that Reserve Bank of India on April 26, 2002 approved the merger of ICICI Ltd and two of its wholly owned subsidiaries, ICICI Personal Financial Services Ltd and ICICI Capital Services Ltd with ICICI Bank Ltd.
-ICICI Bank acquires Shimla and Darjeeling Branches from Standard Chartered Grindlays Bank.
2002-ICICI Bank sells 3 million equity shares of Bhushan Steel.
-ICICI Bank Ltd has sold 2,75,000 equity shares of Bhushan Steel & Strips Ltd on August 07, 2002 at Rs 35 per share on spot delivery basis.
-S&S Power Switchgear Ltd has informed BSE that ICICI bank has appointed Mr S C Bhatia as Nominee director on Board of the Company with effect October 24, 2002.Further the Board has accepted the resignation of Mr A R Santhanakrishna as director with effect from August 18, 2002.
-BPL Ltd has informed BSE that ICICI Bank Ltd has nominated Mr V A Raghu as their nominee on the Board of the Company with effect from September 30, 2002.
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Government of India has nominated Ms Vinita Rai, Secretary (Banking & Insurance) as the Government Nominee on the Board of the Bank in place of Mr D C Gupta with effect from October 31, 2002.
-Launches eCheques facility for its internet banking
-Moody's upgrades ICICI's Rating above India's Rating
-Enters into agreement with Bharti Cellular paving consumers to recharge the Bharti's pre-paid cash cards (Magic) at ICICI ATM machines
-Launches a scheme called 'Mutual Fund Sweep Account' which enables its customers to invest surplus funds in their current accounts in high-liquidity mutual funds through an automatic sweep facility
-Clinches a deal with the govt. of Karnataka for partial payment of services
-High Court approves ICICI, ICICI Bank merger
-RBI approves ICICI Bank--ICICI merger
-Deposits Rs 3,000 cr with RBI to meet Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) requirements
-Placed itself as a one-stop financial solutions supplier with a branch out and de-risked business model. ICICI Bank - with ICICI, ICICI Personal Finance Services and ICICI Capital merged with itself - is the biggest private sector bank in the nation with a balance sheet size of Rs 1,04,000 crore, capital adequacy of 11.44 per cent, 500 outlets and 1,005 ATMs
-Ties up with Bharti for pre-paid mobile cards via ATMs
-BPL Mobile and ICICI Bank tie up to enable to recharge BPL's prepaid cellular service ability (branded 'mots') at any of the bank's 1000 plus ATMs across the nation
-K V Kamat appointed MD and CEO, Lalita D.Gupte Joint MD
-Ties up with NCR Corporation, ATM manufacturer
-Merged ICICI Bank makes debut on BSE and NSE
-Rallis terminates contract farming agreement with ICICI Bank
-Allots equity shares to erstwhile equity shareholders of ICICI
-ICICIdirect.com, the brokerage arm, launches online trading in derivatives
-Put on sale the land held by Pal Peugeot - the defunct joint venture between Premier Automobiles and Peugeot
-Introduces first home loan securitisation scheme of Rs 58 crore
-Buys 190 Ajmera reisdential flats for Rs 37 cr
-Sanctions debt restructuring package to Alufluoride Ltd.
-Takes over Shimla and Drajeeling branches of Standard Chartered Bank
-Bank of India (BoI) ties up with ICICI Bank to utilize former's wide branch network covering 1,000 branches for the latter's cash management services
-ICICIdirect.com unveils Direct Alerts
-AirTel, in tie-up with the ICICI Bank, declares the launch of re-charge facility for the AirTel Magic pre-paid cards on ICICI Bank's ATM network in the twin cities of Hyderabad & Secunderbad in Andhra Pradesh
-Replaces Rs 7000 cr high cost borrowings of ICICI
-Sets up Private Banking Division to target high net worth individuals
-Bags Best Internet Bank award by Global Finance, organiser of the World's Best Internet Bank Awards 2002
-Ties up with IL&FS Mutual Fund to offer to mutual fund products online
-Gets Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal (DRAT) approval to divest Daewoo's Surajpur assets
-Figures among the Top 1000 world banks
-Soma Textile Board allots Optionally Fully Convertible Debentures (OFCD) to ICICI Bank aggregating Rs 3.22 cr.
- Classifies loans to Dabhol Power Company as NPAs
-Unveils mobile banking alerts
-Srei International Finance Ltd (Srei) forays into debt securitisation alliance with ICICI Bank
-ICICI Bank bags UK Banker Magazine award
-Introduces Roaming Current Account, a new current account product
-Launches call centre in Hyderabad
-Hamblin Watsa Investment Council acquires 42.31 million equity shares of ICICI Bank
-101.4 million shares of ICICI Bank held by ICICI Ltd. transferred to the ICICI Bank Shares Trust
-ICICI Bank divests 16.5% stake for Rs 1,320 crore
-Foreign holding in ICICI Bank reaches 62%
-Lalbhais acquire ICICI's 10% stake in Amtrex Hitachi
-Orcasia acquires 42.31 million equity shares of ICICI Bank
-SBI, ICICI Bank feature among top 100 banks in Asia
-ICICI Knowledge Park, Apollo Hospitals ink MoU
-Launches chip-based credit card for transporters
-ICICI Bank launches 'Drivesmart' credit card for transporters
-Buys 'Sobha Pearl' property in Bangalore owned by Sobha Developers for Rs 20 crore
-Launches new initiative called '180 degree feedback'
-Unveils 'eTransfer' for NRI's
-ICICI Knowledge Park ties up with Apollo Hospitals
-HDFC MF ties up with ICICI Bank for Any Time Mutual Fund (ATMF) service
-Signs MoU with Food Ministry for optimal utilisation of Plan funds and to bring in professional appraisal in project financing
-SBI divests 10 lakh shares of ICICI Bank
-ICICI Bank, RPG Cellular Services Ltd. in alliance for recharge facility at ATMs
-Takes posession of Mardia Chemicals Unit under NPA Act
-Ties up with co-operative banks for free-float funds
-Introduces ATM in Bengali language
-Takes over Patheja group assets under securitisation law
-ICICI Bank Home Shoppe starts operations in Pune
-Launches 'ATM on Wheels' in Mumbai
-Euromoney Asia poll reports ICICI Bank as the best managed bank in Asia in the category of banking and finance
-Skoda Auto ties up with ICICI Bank to offer Skoda Monthly Instalment (SMI), rather than an equated monthly instalment, for its cars
-Secures special one-time approval from RBI for issuing tax-free bonds worth Rs 2500 crore
-Becomes the first Indian bank to launch a Resident Foreign Currency (RFC) account
-ICICI Bank chairman Mr. N Vaghul heads Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC)
-ICICI Bank, HPCL launch co-branded Visa Electron Debit Card
-Launches 'Welcome Kit' which will help the person, who opens an account with ICICI Bank to operate his account immediately
-Launches micro-finance programmes
-ICICI Onesource deploys new recruitment system
-Sets up NRI advisory service
-Singapore govt offloads 2-cr shares of ICICI Bank
-Bank chief K V Kamath appointed head of finance panel for river linking project
-Launches 'Give2India' to facilitate donations by NRIs
-Comes out with a bond issue of Rs 400 crore
-Installs Telugu language ATMs in Hyderabad
-Launches 'ICICI Bank Pure Gold'-certified and tamper proof 24-carat pure gold coins in Chennai
-Collects over Rs 1,200-cr via first bond issue
-Obtains 'excellence in retail banking' award instituted by the Singapore-based Asian Bankers Journal
-ICICI Bank-led combine gets approval for Nationwide Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE) set up
-BioServe takes up about 3,000 sq.ft space at the ICICI Knowledge Park to set up a contract research lab
-Sets up integrated currency management center in Pune
-Rama Newsprint & Papers Ltd allots 5632129 no. of Equity shares to ICICI Bank Ltd on conversion right exercised by them
-HDFC, ICICI buy 33-pc stake in Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages, the Indian bottling subsidiary of the Atlanta-based carbonated soft drinks giant Coca-Cola
-Reliance Info forges alliance with ICICI for bill receivables
-Ties up with Employees Provident Fund Organisation to distribute pension across the country
-Ties up with TeNet for micro-banking
-Starts 12-hours banking services
-ICICI Bank restructures organisational structure
-Acquires the Credit Card Division of Tata Finance
-Air India ropes in ICICI Bank as authorised dealers for hedging
-ICICI Bank along with others set up Rs 800-cr 'India Advantage Fund'
-Records Rs 8000-cr securitisation during '02-03
-Enters deal with Pramati Technologies to deploy Pramati Server Software
-Tops NPA recovery list among domestic lenders
-Unveils Pure Gold coins in Karnataka
-Decides to scrap '97 series deep discount bonds
-Obtains approval to set up Overseas Banking Units (OBU)
-Communication ministry engages ICICI Bank, IIT to study viability of telecom firms
-Unveils NRI remittance product in Canada
-ICICI Bank, Amway launch co-branded international credit card
-Picks up 25% shares in NCDEX (National Commodities & Derivatives Exchange)
-ICICIdirect introduces tax-free Savings Bond '03 online
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) and ICICI Bank have announced a tie-up for the distribution of Tata Indicom's dial-up Internet services
-ICICI Bank offers rail ticket booking facility to its customers
-Buys Apple Credit's 30-pc stake in Transamerica Apple Distribution Finance Ltd. (TADFL)
-Takes over 100-pc of TADFL
-Outgoing ICICI Bank Joint Managing Director Mr. H N Sinor becomes new chief executive and secretary of Indian Banks Association (IBA)
-ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank tie up with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) for online rail bookings
-ICICI Bank, DaimlerChrysler team up for new finance scheme
-Gets Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) nod for India Advantage Fund
-Announces VRS, the first for the new generation private sector banks
-Bags DM Review World Class Solution Award 2003
-Enters into an institutional agreement with Dubai Bank wherein ICICI Bank would be the principal correspondent bank of Dubai Bank in India
-Discontinues the contract with Bollywood Superstar Amitabh Bachchan since it finds him too expensive
-Embarks on market making securitised instruments
-Global Finance Magazine awards ICICI Bank as the 'Best consumer internet Bank in India'
-ICICI Bank empanelled for JNPT's Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) project
-Signs option contract with BHEL
-ICICI Bank's 1350 employees opt for VRS
-Textile sector leads ICICI Bank's NPA
-Approves 7.3 million options to its employees
-Birla Tyres ties up with with ICICI bank to offer Rs 2 lakh life insurance benefit to the truck drivers on the purchase of every pair of tyres
-Inaugurates its first Offshore Banking Unit (OBU) at SEEPZ Special Economic Zone, Mumbai
-ICICI implements NCR solution (Cheque Mark PDC Module) for post dated cheques
-ICICI Bank picks up Timesofmoney.com's e-filing service
-ICICI Bank acquires 17.75% stake in NDTV
-Launches 'Instra Transfer', an NRI remittance product, which will enable NRIs in the Gulf to transfer funds to India within two hours
-Acquires 36,000,000 shares amounting to 12.65% of Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd (HFCL)
-Divests 0.31% shares in Federal Bank
-Converts part of HFCL loan into equity shares giving 12.65% stake in the company
-Inaugurates Singapore branch
-Decides to take the service of Bollywood Superstar Amitabh Bachchan (Big B) on purely case-to-case basis
-ICICI Bank in alliance with Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) unveils credit card for vendors to dealers and opens a business-to-business (B2B) section in FADA's Web site
-West Coast signs agreement to acquire ICICI's 34 percent stake in Rama Newsprint & Papers Ltd. (RNPL)
-Investmentz.com forges alliance with ICICI Bank for offering payment gateway to its customers for real-time transfer of funds
-Banker Magazine of UK confers its 'Best Multi-Channel Strategy 2003' and Bank of the Year 2003' awards to ICICI Bank
-Instanex Skindia depository receipts index increases the index percentage of market capitalisation used for ICICI Bank to 95 per cent from 75 per cent
-ICICI Bank in association with the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) unveils a credit card for vendors to dealers and opens a business-to-business (B2B) section in FADA's Web site
-Issues notice to Ponni Sugars (Orissa) Ltd. to take possession of the Balangir Sugar Mill
- Allottment 287774 equity shares of face value of Rs.10/- each on October 13, 2003 under the Employee Stock Option Scheme.
-ICICI bank gets Banker magazine awards for the year
-Crisil assings highest ratings to instruments issued under ICICI Bank's securitisation programme
-ICICI bank gets 'Best emerging market Bank ' award from the Global Finance Magazine
-Mr. R Seshasayee who was appointed as Director on the Bank on May 03, 2002 has tendered his resignation as a Director of the Bank.
-ActionAid has signed up with ICICI to launch the Karm Mitra credit card
-The trading of icici issued bond October 2000- Tax Saving Bond - Option I ICICI1100 N1 (benefit u/s 88) was suspended
-ICICI Bank introduced foreign currency term deposit scheme for non-residents including NRI's at its offshore banking unit (OBU) in mumbai
-ICICI tie up with Big Bazaar to introduce Co-branded Card specifically for Big Bazaar customers.
-The company's asset-backed securities (ABS) worth Rs 835 crore on october 09 obtained highest safety ratings from Icra.
-The company unveiled its global deposits scheme for individuals from its Singapore branch.
-Tied up with SBI and HDFC to share ATM networks
- Has set up representative office in Dubai
-Allotted 166857 equity shares of face value of Rs.10/- each on October 20, 2003 under the Employee Stock Option Scheme.
-ICICI Bank unveils global deposits
-Five persons have been arrested on the charge of duping ICICI Bank of Rs 1.34 crore by encashing a cheque purported to have been issued by Fortis Banque of France..
-ICICI bank credit cards cross two million mark
- ICICI Banks 300 million dollar Eurobond has been awarded for being the best bond issue of India and emerging Asian market during 2003, by two foreign magazines.
-ICICI ePayments Ltd. has informed that they have acquired 8008357 shares amounting to 69.99% of the total paid up capital of Tata Infomedia Limited
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Bank has allotted 1,25,444 equity shares of the face value of Rs 10/- each on December 22, 2003 under the Employees Stock Option Scheme, 2000 (ESOS).
-The government has allowed ICICI Bank to keep the Rs 350 crore 20-year preference shares (subscribed to by ITC) in its books for five years.
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Bank has allotted 73,980 equity shares of the face value of Rs 10/- each on December 29, 2003 under the Employees Stock Option Scheme, 2000 (ESOS).
-Bahrain Monetary Agency issues licence to ICICI Bank's overseas unit. It also extended a special concession for offering NRI banking services in the island nation as well as in the international markets
-ICICI Bank inks pact with Mohan Bagan to unveil co-branded credit card
-ICICI-Overdrive awards for Honda City, Bajaj Pulsar
-ICICI Bank ties up with Air Deccan
-ICICI Bank opens new premises in Mangalore
-ICICI Bank unveils mobile ATM in Kerala
-ICICI Bank unveils International fixed deposit scheme at Singapore branch
-ICICI Bank acquires numero uno position in new remittance shceme
-ICICI Bank sets up ATM in Thiruvananthapuram
-ICICI Bank launches its new home Loan Scheme With Variable EMI
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the shares of the Bank are delisted from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Limited with effect from February 11, 2004.
-ICICI Bank, Mohun Bagan launch co-branded credit card
-The world's largest micro-finance securitisation deal of $4.3mn completed between ICICI Bank and Share Microfin Ltd., a Hyderabad based microfinancing organisation
-ICICI Bank signs a memorandum of understaning with Jammu and Kashmir Bank to share the ATM network.
-ICICI Bank and Andhra Bank have announced a tie-up, that enables sharing of their ATM networks.
-Global Finance magazine has named ICICI Bank as one of the 'Best Emerging Market Banks Asia' in an exclusive survey to be published in the May 2004 issue.
-Comes out with a public offering of equity shares at a price of Rs 280 to raise Rs 3500 crore with a greenshoe option of Rs 450 crore
-ICICI Emerging Sector, the private equity arm of ICICI Bank, has acquired a 54 per cent stake in the Bangalore-based Arvind Brands, the apparel arm of the Sanjay Lalbhai-promoted Arvind Mills,
-ICICI Bank unveils Car Overdraft facility
-ICICI Bank, SBI, LIC in pact for Rs 20,000-cr projects
-ICICI Bank and Punjab National Bank have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for ATM network sharing, giving customers an access to over 2,200 ATMs in India.
- ICICI Bank unveils co-branded credit card ICICI Bank Ebony
-ICICI Bank has won the best bank award instituted by Asia money in the category of best domestic commercial bank in India
-ICICI Bank has bagged the prestigious award of 'Best Retail Bank in India' in the category 'The Asian Banker Excellence in Retail Financial Services Program 2003'
-ICICI Bank-Aircel jointly unveil new co-branded credit card
-Life Insurance Corporation acquires 16,370,009 shares constituting 2.23% of voting rights in the company, increases its stake to 73,382,324 shares constituting 10.09% of voting rights
-Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB) and ICICI Bank on July 02 announced the launch of co-branded credit card that will be available in three variants - Gold, Silver and Blue credit card
-ICICI Bank in association with Reliance Infocomm has launched an interactive mobile banking service in India
-ICICI Bank unveils multi-branded card
-ICICI Bank has introduced a pre-approved personal loan product for Global Trust Bank (GTB) customers
-ICICI Bank bags Internet awards from Global Finance magazine
-ICICI Bank Home Loans and ICICI Bank Home Search have launched 'Home Utsav', a property exhibition at the Institute of Engineers
-ICICI Bank Ltd on August 9, 2004, opened its representative office in Dhaka further increasing its international presence. In light of the significant bilateral trade links between the two countries, the bank greatly values the need to have an on-the-ground presence
-ICICI Bank offers new service to Canada emigrants
- Launches 'Hello Canada Newcomers Account' designed to provide instant access to banking services in Canada for Indians migrants on August 23
- ICICI Bank introduces an easy deposit card at an interest rate of 0.99 per cent
-ICICI Bank rolls out kisan credit card in AP
- Launches 'Easy Deposit Card', which charges an interest of 0.99 per cent per month
-ICICI Bank launches new mobile phone banking service
-Sets up offshore banking unit (OBU) in Bahrain
-Launches a new service for pre-paid subscribers of Airtel, Hutch, Orange and IDEA in association with Euronet to recharge cards through bank's ATMs or by sending SMS.
-ICICI Bank has signed a deal with SunTec Business Solutions Private Ltd
-ICICI Bank unveils Visa Card in UK
-ICICI Bank in ally with CESC launches new co-branded credit card
-Godrej Sara Lee ties up with ICICI Bank to finance distributors across the country through the channel financing model
-Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), ICICI Bank on December 23rd launches Drivesmart
- ICICI Bank overtakes Citibank in credit cards with 3 mn credit cards while Citibank says it has 2.5 mn cards
-ICICI inks pact with Godrej Sara Lee for channel financing
-Merc joins hands with ICICI Bank to offer loans
-ICICI Bank unveils office in Johannesburg
- Britain's Lloyds TSB, in association with ICICI Bank, on April 18, 2005, launches new services offering free money transfers between India and the UK, as well as access to rupee mortgage for Indian property purchases.
-ICICI Bank-Air Deccan credit card unveiled
-ICICI Bank acquires bank in Russia
-ICICI Bank, HLN jointly launch co-branded credit card
-ICICI Bank launches online Public Provident Fund (PPF) scheme on July 01, 2005
-ICICI Bank forges alliance with Fortis to serve NRIs on July 22, 2005
-ICICI Bank buys Apnaloan
-ICICI Bank Home Loans launched a 'Home Utsav' property exhibition on August 18th
-Bharti Tele-Ventures on September 19 announced a tie-up with ICICI Bank and Visa to launch credit card on the mobile phone
--ICICI Bank rolls out travel smart mastercard
--ICICI wins Microsoft Corporate Challenge
-ICICI Bank teams up with Hong Kong's Bank of East Asia to offer services to its clients with operations in greater China.
-ICICI Bank inaugurates 1st branch in Hong Kong
-ICICI bank ties up with Grameen Foundation USA to set up Grameen Capital India.
-ICICI Bank's $500 million American depository shares (ADS) issue has been subscribed six times the issue size. The issue closes tomorrow concurrently with the Rs 5,750 crore public issue of equity shares in the domestic market. The domestic issue has received subscriptions for 1.86 times the 9.90 crore shares on offer.
-ICICI Bank sets up pilot project in Guntur dist
-ICICI Bank as outperformer: CLSA report
-ICICI Bank sets up Russian subsidiary
-ICICI Bank sets up new branch at Banjara Hills
-ICICI bank teams up with Spanish MNC.
-ICICI Bank sets up branch in Belgium
-JBIC inks agreement with ICICI Bank
-Indian inks deal with ICICI Bank
-Dishman inks $60mn deal with ICICI Bank
-ICICI Bank inks MoU with Mitsubishi UFJ Securities
-NIIT partners with ICICI Bank on 26, September, 2006 to enter Financial Services Training.
- ICICI Bank has rolled out a new product 'NRI SmartSave Deposits', a fixed deposit scheme for non-resident Indians
-ICICI Bank has inked a memorandum of understanding with Export Development Canada (EDC), a Canadian export credit agency, for financing support to Indian purchasers of capital goods and professional services from Canada.
-ICICI Bank opens 3 represetatives offices abroad.
-ICICI Bank has come out with loan-on-the-spot (LOTS) product for car loans.
-ICICI Bank launches card-based remittance product in Kerala
-ICICI Bank is looking at increasing its share of the growing Indian remittance market. ICICI Bank on February 8 rolled out a rupee-denominated remittance card that is primarily targeted at beneficiaries of non-resident Indians (NRIs).
-Mumbai: ICICI Bank has inked a co-operation pact with Austria-based Raiffeisenlandesbank Obersterreich (RLB) for covering several business areas and increasing co-operation in funding commercial and syndicated credit business, and cash management services.
-ICICI bank sets up first branch in Madikeri.
-Indian Railways and ICICI Bank inked a memorandum of understanding for extending the sale of e-tickets via merchant establishments located in 125 cities across the country.
-ICICI bank mops up $500mn through five-year bond.
-BMW India and ICICI Bank on February 23 signed an agreement for offering financing solutions that will benefit the prospective buyers.
-Thomas Cook (I) Ltd (TCIL) has joined hands with ICICI Bank to introduce a first of its kind premium card named Thomas Cook Titanium Mastercard.
- ICICI Bank, India's second largest Bank, and Export Development Canada (EDC), Canada's Export Credit Agency, on March 13, signed a USD 50 million Line of Credit (LoC) agreement.
-ICICI Bank inks agreement with Emirates Bank.
-CRISIL assigns highest ratings to ICICI Bank's loan receivables securitisation programme.
- ICICI Bank and apparel discount chain Megamart April 10, joined hands to unveil a co-branded credit card.
-ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that Reserve Bank of India, has approved the Scheme of Amalgamation of The Sangli Bank Ltd with the Bank. The Scheme of Amalgamation shall come into effect from April 19, 2007.
- ICICI Bank on declared a Rs 100-crore fund to support innovation and development of green businesses in India.
-SOTC has joined hands with ICICI bank to offer-holiday now pay later (HNPL) facility to travelers.
- ICICI Bank offers cheaper loans for cutting down CFC.
-ICICI sets up branch in Birmingham.
History and Major Events
We were incorporated in 1994 as a part of the ICICI group. Our initial equity capital was
contributed 75.0% by ICICI and 25.0% by SCICI Limited, a diversified finance and shipping finance
lender of which ICICI owned 19.9% at December 1996. Pursuant to the merger of SCICI into ICICI,
we became a wholly owned subsidiary of ICICI.
The chronology of events since we were incorporated in 1994 is as follows:
Change of name
Our name was changed from ICICI Banking Corporation Limited to ICICI Bank Limited on
September 10, 1999. The change of name was effected on account of our being widely known by
the name 'ICICI Bank'.
Merger of Bank of Madura
Bank of Madura was merged with us effective March 10, 2001. The share exchange ratio fixed for
the transaction was two of our equity shares of Rs. 10 each for every equity share of Bank of
Madura of Rs. 10 each.
Amalgamation of ICICI
ICICI, ICICI Capital Services and ICICI Personal Financial Services amalgamated with us with effect
from May 3, 2002. The Appointed Date for the merger specified in the Scheme of Amalgamation,
which was the date of the amalgamation for accounting purposes under Indian GAAP, was March
30, 2002. The amalgamation was approved by the High Court of Judicature at Bombay vide its
order dated April 11, 2002 and by the High Court of Gujarat at Ahmedabad vide its order dated
March 7, 2002. The share exchange ratio was one of our equity shares of Rs. 10 each for every
two equity shares of ICICI of Rs. 10 each.
Amalgamation of The Sangli Bank Limited
The Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited and the Board of Directors of The Sangli Bank
Limited (Sangli Bank) at their respective Meetings held on December 9, 2006, approved an allstock
amalgamation of Sangli Bank with ICICI Bank. The amalgamation was subsequently
approved by the Members of both banks. RBI (RBI) approved the scheme of amalgamation
effective April 19, 2007.
Source date - Prospects - 19/06/2007
- ICICI Bank mops up $4.9bn in via share sale in India.
- ICICI mops up Rs 1,294cr through green-shoe option.
- ICICI Bank signs pact with Korea Exim Bank.
- ICICI Bank has slashed the rates on special deposit schemes by 50 basis points from 9.5 per cent to 9 per cent.
- ICICI Bank awarded as the Outstanding Regional Private Bank.
-The Department of Commerce, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, is all set to conduct a training programme for students in association with the ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank, under its-Industry-Academia Partnership- programme, is in talks with three leading universities of the West Bengal to launch banking and insurance courses.
- ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Government of India has nominated Shri. Arun Ramanathan, on the Board of the Bank effective January 18, 2008 in place of Shri. Vinod Rai who has resigned effective January 06, 2008.
- ICICI Bank Ltd has informed that the Government of India has nominated Shri. Arun Ramanathan, on the Board of the Bank effective January 18, 2008 in place of Shri. Vinod Rai who has resigned effective January 06, 2008.
- ICICI Bank has forayed into Rs 1,150-crore equity-cum-debt deal with Jaypee Infratech, which is to build and operate the 165-km six lane Taj Expressway linking Noida with Agra.
-Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered ICICI Bank Ltd.'s $300 million U.S. commercial paper program's short-term issue credit rating to 'A-1' from 'A-1+', following the agency's downgrade of Fortis Bank SA/NV.
- ICICI Bank appointed N S Kannan as the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer on the board with effect from May 1 following the vacancy caused by the elevation of Chanda Kochhar as Managing Director and CEO of the bank, with effect from May 1.
- ICICI Bank has announced the cut in the interest rates on floating home loans for new borrowers by 25-50 basis points, with immediate effect. The interest rates on existing home loans would reduce only if the floating reference rate is cut.
- ICICI Bank with Singapore Airlines launched ICICI Bank Singapore Airlines Visa Platinum Credit Card, the Card has exclusive privileges especially designed for the members.
- ICICI Bank Limited acting through its Hong Kong Branch (ICICI Bank) signed a loan agreement with the Export-Import Bank of China (China Exim) for USD 98 million under the Two- step Buyer Credit (Export Credit) arrangement. ICICI Bank is the first Indian Bank to have entered into this arrangement with China Exim.
- ICICI Bank has increased deposit rates on select maturities. The bank has raised the interest rate on deposits maturing in 270 days to less than one year by 25 basis points to 5.75 per cent for deposits of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- ICICI Bank increased its deposit rates in select tenures by up to 0.50% with instant effect, signaling hardening of interest rates in the industry.
- ICICI Bank has announced the appointment of Mr Rajiv Sabharwal as a whole-time director of the bank. The bank said Mr Sabharwal is designated as an Executive Director effective June 24. Mr Sabharwal was heading the bank's retail banking operations.
- ICICI Bank announced the appointment of Mr Rajiv Sabharwal as a whole-time director of the bank.
- ICICI Bank has received the World Finance Awards 2010 in three categories. The three categories are Excellence in NRI services- Worldwide, Excellence in Remittance Business-Worldwide and Excellence in Private Banking Business-Asia-Pacific Region awards at the prestigious World Finance Awards, UK, 2010.