1998 - The company has tied up with IGNOU for BCA Degree Course on
Internet. This will be the first recognised 3 years degree
course being offered on Internet by a recognised university under
the UGC and provide opportunity to the millions of career seekers
all over the country. The company is among the very few
institutions to get the empanelment from IGNOU for offering this
- The project Infodrome-2000 has been launched at A-6, South
Extension, Part-II, New Delhi to cater to high end training and
software development and export activities besides corporate
- The company has been recognised by Delhi Govt. for conducting
Computer Awareness & Training Programme and has been awarded a
contract for providing computer training to students of various
schools in Delhi.
1999 - The company has entered into alliances with two US based global
IT giants, the Unified Access Communications Inc., Boston, USA,
and Nextgen Solutions, Inc., Chicago which specialise in Netware
Security, Date Warehousing and Data Mining respectively. The
collaboration which these two software giants in USA will open
the foodgrates of off-shore and on-site development business in
United States which is the biggest market today for software
development & exports.
- The company entered into an agreement with the Vocational
Education Foundation to set up an Engineering College in U.R
under the name of IEC College of Engineering & Technology for
offering 4-Year Degree Coursed in Computer Science & Engineering,
Information Technology, Electronics & Communication and
- The Company launched some of the latest training modules known as
TECH-2K and Encyclomedia- 2000.
- The company has launched Infodrome 2000, a centre for advanced
technology, along with Nextgen Solutions Inc, a Chicago-based
software company with expertise in data warehousing.
- IEC is also setting up a software technology park in Noida under
the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) scheme.
- The company recently entered into the sophisticated field of
CNC technology by setting up a separate division for the
development of CAD-CAM and robotiques.
- The company has also tied up with United Access Communications
Inc, a Boston-based software company, to offer turnkey software
- The Company has entered into an agreement with Grih Kalyan
Kendra, a registered society, functioning under the aegis of the
Union Ministry of personnel, public Grievances and Pensions, for
providing training and education in the fields of computers and
Fashion Technology, to the Central Government employees and their
- The company has entered into a memorandum of agreement with
University Putra Malaysia for providing training and education
of its 48,000 students in the field of IT aplications.
- The Company has decided to issue 26,36,600 equity shares out of
66,36,000 un-issued equity shares on preferential basis as
- 1. 8,36,000 share warrants, convertible into 8,36,600 equity
shares of Rs. 10 each at such premium up to Rs. 100 per share
to the promoters' group, including their friends and relatives.
- 2. Privately place 18,00,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each at
such premium up to Rs. 100 per share, to Indian institutional
investors/MFs/FIIs/banks/public body corporate etc., in one or
2000 - The company has signed an MoU with TCHT Tray Trade, a leading
organisation in Malaysia in the field of hospitality
and tourism, for entering into a joint venture for providing IT
- The Company also has tie-ups with world leaders like the Chicago
based NextGen Solutions Inc, for data warehousing and data
mining, Boston-based Unified Access Communications for turnkey
projects, and UK-based London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The company recently signed an agreement with TCHT of Malaysia
for developing software for the tourism and hospitality segment.
- IEC Softwares Ltd, has signed a memorandum of understanding
(MoU) for a $8-million contract from Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- IEC Softwares Ltd, has entered into a strategic alliance with
$200 million Chemtech Asia through a wholly owned subsidiary. The
tie-up will focus on strengthening the thrust on providing value
based e-commerce solutions in India and abroad.
- IEC has signed an agreement with Kumayoon University for
providing computer training and education to its students.
- The Company has allotted 16,36,6000 No. of equity shares to
various mutual funds, bodies corporates and the promoters on
preferential basis. The shares have been allotted @ Rs 95/- per
share to MFs and Bodies Corporate whereas the promoters have
taken equity shares @ Rs 100/- per share.
- IEC Web Drome, part of IEC Softwares Ltd, has launched
duadmissions2000.com, an information getaway to admissions in
Delhi University Colleges.
- IEC Software Limited, the ISO 9001 certified software solutions
company has launch of its information gateway on campus life,
www.dupulse.com a portal designed and maintained by IEC Webdrome
a division of IEC Software Limited.
- The Company has set up its wholly-owned subsidiary in the name
and style of IEC Infotech SND.BHD in Malaysia.
- IT major IEC Softwares Ltd has signed a MoU with Polish company
Polservice which is into transferring technologies and technical assistance
from global sources into Poland.
2001 - IEC Softwares Ltd., an ISO 9001 software company has developed a software
on hospital information management systems.
2002-Mukesh Gupta appointed as Whole Time Director of IEC Softwares
-IEC Softwares Ltd has informed BSE that Mr R C Nangia Director of the Company has resigned from the post of Director w.e.f September 12, 2002.
-IEC Softwares Ltd has informed BSE that Mr C V Jain Managing Director of the Company has resigned from the post of Managing Director and Director of the Company w e f October 05, 2002.
- Company name has been changed from IEC Softwares Ltd to IEC Education Ltd.