1961 - Industrial Meters Limited was established, by Mr. R. R. Dhoot, the present Chairman
& Managing Director of the Company. The Company is engaged in the manufacturing
of Electrical Instruments like Ammeters.
- Meters like Three vector Meter, Maximum Demand Indicator, Low Power Factor Meter etc.
were introduced and developed for the first time in the County by the Company.
- The Transformer Division of the Company was established in the mid sixties at a
time when fast changes in the industrial scene in India were taking place through
the Rural Electrification Programme.
- The Company's Transformers have won appreciation from all the customers and
are widely accepted by all the State Electricity Boards, Railways, Public & Private
sector Undertakings etc. of the Country.
- The Company faced certain labour problems due to instigation from outsiders
which lead to violent threatening and man handling of Officials.
- The Management declared a lock-out from 21/10/89 to 8/4/90. Since then the
Company has not faced any labour problems.
1994 - The Company has issued 1127000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10
each as Bonus Shares on 11th April in the ration of
23:20 by capitalising Revaluation Reserve. The issue of
Bonus Shares as aforesaid is contrary to the recommendations
of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
1996 - The Meter division of the company continues with its thrust for
innovation and has during the year introduced Meters with inter
changeable dials both in India and Overseas.
- The company is in the process of raising Non Convertible Debentures
upto Rs.75 Million to meet its working capital requirements. CRISIL
rating BBB+ has been obtained for the instrument.
- The Silvassa plant has been designed to manufacture upto 220KV/150MVA
Transformers as against 132KV/50MVA Transformers envisaged
1997 - During the year under review, CRISIL has upgraded the rating for the
Company's NCD programme from BBB + to A-. The rating indicates adequate
safety with regard to timely payment of interest and principal.
- A major achievement is that the Kandivli Plant has been certified by DNV,
Netherland for ISO 9001. The company is the first to receive ISO 9001 Certification in
1998 - The company has entered into the technical collaboration for the manufacture
of higher rating transformers cum buy back agreement with Skoda ETD s.r.o.
of the Czech Republic.
- The company during the year entered into a technical collaboration with
Skoda ETD s.r.o.
1999 - The Silvassa unit of the company has performed well and was operational
for the full year. The unit has got ISO 9001 accretion from DNV
2000 - IMP's Silvassa unit currently has the capacity to produce transformers upto 2,500 MVA
rating. Induction of Skoda's representatives onto the board of IMP is currently under
- IMP Powers Ltd has has bagged another Export Order for supply of Power Transformers valuing $ 1 million to Zambia.
- Imp Powers Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company by way of Circular Resolution appointed on 3rd July 2009 Shri Siby Antony as Additional Director (Non executive and Independent).
- Imp Powers Ltd has informed that 'As per the Share Subscription Agreement M/s IBEF and IBEF-I has appointed Mr. Krishan Kant Rathi as Director in place of Mr. Vishal Tulsyan. Pursuant to the same the Board of Directors of the Company in their meeting held on 24th August 2009 has appointed Mr. Krishan Kant Rathi as Director.'