- The Company was incorported on 1st December, under the Indian
Companies Act, 1913 as a private limited company under the name of
Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd., at Calcutta, West Bengal. The name of the
Company was changed to Ingersoll-Rand (India) Pvt. Ltd., when the
Companies Act, 1956, came into force. The Company Manufacture air and
gas compressors, vacuum pumps, blast-hole drills, water well drills,
- The Company was primarily a trading organisation when it commenced
its manufacturing activities at Naroda, Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- Initial capital was Rs 1,00,000. In 1938, Rs 2,00,000 capitalised
(bonus prop. 2:1). In 1939, Rs 1,00,000 capitalised (bonus prop. 1:3).
All shares held by Ingersoll-Rand Co.
- The Company became a limited company on 18th July.
- The object of the public issue of capital was to reduce the foreign
equity holding to 74% to raise part of the finance required for the
expansion of Bangalore project and to augment the working capital
- Shares sub-divided in Dec. 1976. 6,90,000 bonus shares then issued
(pro. 69:4). 2,56,250 shares issued (prem. Rs 22.50 per shares),
56,500 shares allotted to directors, etc., and Indian employees of the
Company and 2,00,000 shares offered to the public in September.
- The Company set up a new plant at Bangalore for the manufacture of
the following items: (i) 200 Nos. per annum of down the hole hammer
drills, (ii) 39 Nos. per annum of blast hole water-well drills upto 6",
(iii) 5000 Nos. per annum of hard held light drills, (iv) 6,000 Nos.
per annum of carset bits upto 10" diameter and (v) 24 Nos. per annum of
heavy duty blast hole drills ranging from 8" to 12" capacity.
- 9,86,500 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 19,73,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 39,46,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 78,92,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 157,84,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- As on 31st March, Ingersoll-Rand Co., U.S.A. held 233,60,000 No. of
equity shares out of 315,68,000 shares issued.
- Ingersoll-Rand of the US, one of the world's biggest makers of
specialist compact construction equipment, is considering opening its
first plant outside the US.
- Ingersoll Rand Ltd will remain public with the stocks listed on the
stock exchanges despite the fact that globally it prefers to remain a
privately held company.
- Ingersoll Rand is the largest player in the domestic compressor and
pumps industry and will be the biggest gainer from the growth in the
domestic oil and gas exploration industry, as its performance last
- Ingersoll Rand has sucessfully developed new markets in South Africa
and Israel. Another noteworthy feature is that Ingersoll Randhas
become completely debt free and interest costs are practically nil.
- The company is a leading manufacturer of foundry chemicals and
consequently the fall in demand has hit volume growth.
- Ingersoll Rand (India) Ltd, (IRL) is one of the very few companies in
the capital goods sector which has fared well in difficult times.
-Ingersoll Rand India Ltd has informed BSE that the following changes have taken place on the Board of Ingersoll Rand (India) Ltd:
1) Mr Robert M Harrison has resigned as Director wef January 15, 2003.
2) Mr Tracy Darland has resigned as Director wef January 20, 2003,
3) Mr Chin Wah Ying has been appointed as Director to fill up the casusal vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr Robert M Harrison.
4) Mr David Rowles, has been appointed as Director to fill up the casual vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr. Tracy Darland.
5) Mr Darius C Shroff, who was an alternate to Mr. Robert M. Harrison, has been appointed as an alternate to Mr. Chin Wah Ying
- Mr Daljit Mirchandani, Chairman and President of the company, elected as Vice-Chairman of the Karnataka chapter of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
-Mr David Regnery appointed as director of the Company with effect from August 23, 2004.
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To Plot No. 7 & 8, Phase 1, Peenya Industrial Area, Bangalore 560 058, Karnataka
-Ingersoll Rand (India) Ltd. has informed that "The Registered Office of Ingersoll-Rand (India) Limited has changed from Plot No. 7 & 8, Phase 1, Peenya Industrial Area, Bangalore 560 058 to the following address with effect from August 20, 2007: Ingersoll-Rand (India) Limited, 106/10-11-12, Amruthahalli, Byatarayanapura, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560 092, Phone : 080-22179500, Fax : 080-23620066".
- Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 18, 2009 have appointed Mr. Venkatesh Valluri as an Additional Director of the Company. In terms of Section 260 of the Companies Act, 1956, Mr. Valluri would hold office upto the date of next Annual General Meeting of the Company.
-The company has recommended a final dividend of Rs. 3/- per share (30%).
-Ingersoll Rand Announces a New Greenfield Manufacturing Facility in India
-Ingersoll Rand Appoints Paparao Kodali as Vice President & General Manager of Engineering and Technology Centers in India
-Ingersoll Rand Launches Technology Convergence Solutions
-Ingersoll Rand Launches ÂEntrepreneur Creation Program
-Ingersoll Rand Launches a Corporate Advertising Campaign in India
--Ingersoll Rand Announces the Launch of its Cold Chain Consulting business for the first time
-Ingersoll Rand supports this initiative in rejuvenating the Uttarahalli Lake in South Bangalore
-Ingersoll Rand Launches Residential Solutions in India under its Trane Brand
-Ingersoll Rand Named to 2012 Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America Indexes.
-Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd has informed regarding "Inauguration of the new green field manufacturing Plant near Chennai"
-Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company has appointed Mr. G. Madhusudhan Rao (Madhu) as the Vice President
-Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd has informed regarding a titled "Ingersoll Rand to make strategic investment of INR 100 crores in its Naroda (Gujarat) manufacturing facility"
-Ingersoll-Rand (India) Ltd. enter into termination pact