|The Company was incorporated on July 18, 1975 under the Companies Act
as "Jagran Prakashan Private Limited" and, subsequently, became a deemed public
limited company under Section 43A of the Companies Act. In 2000, upon amendment
of Section 43A of the Companies Act, The Company chose to keep its status as a
public limited company pursuant to shareholders resolution passed on August 31, 2000.
In 2004, The Company was again converted into a private limited company as per the
stipulations under the Original Shareholders Agreement and pursuant to shareholders
resolution passed on September 28, 2004. Further, on November 23, 2005. The Company
was converted into a public limited company in the light of the Issue pursuant to a
shareholders resolution passed on November 18, 2005.
Acquisition of Business from M/s Jagran Publications
Vide a business purchase agreement dated July 19, 1975 executed between the Company
and M/s Jagran Publications (a partnership firm), it has acquired publication rights of
"Dainik Jagran", Kanpur, "Dainik Jagran", Gorakhpur, "Daily Action", Kanpur and a monthly
magazine "Kanchan Prabha", Kanpur. The plant and machinery required for publication of
newspapers and magazines were also acquired by us from M/s Jagran Publications, by
way of a lease agreement dated July 19, 1975.
Vide an agreement of transfer of patent and copyright dated January 25, 1997 executed
between the Company and M/s Jagran Publications, it has acquired the self-generated patent
and copyright of the contents, which were the absolute and exclusive property of M/s. Jagran
Publications and were granted the right to exploit the same globally and universally.
Acquisition of Business from Jagran Prakashan (Delhi) Private Limited, Jagran Prakashan
(Varanasi) Private Limited and Rohilkhand Publications Private Limited
On March 31, 2000, our Company executed separate business purchase agreements with Jagran Prakashan (Delhi) Private Limited ("JPDPL"), Jagran Prakashan (Varanasi) Private Limited ("JPVPL"), Rohilkhand Publications Private Limited ("RPPL"), pursuant to which it has acquired, on a lock, stock and barrel basis, their entire undertakings (including all the assets and liabilities) for publication of Dainik Jagran at various centres.
Acquisition of Business from Jagran Limited
Further, The Company and Jagran Limited executed a business purchase agreement dated July 5, 2000. Prior to the said agreement, Jagran Limited published certain editions of Dainik Jagran. Pursuant to the said agreement, it has acquired, on a lock, stock and barrel basis, from Jagran Limited the entire undertaking for publication of the newspaper.
Subsequently, the Company and Jagran Limited executed a deed of undertaking dated March 25, 2005, which stipulates that Jagran Limited shall not undertake publication of (i) any newspaper with the name "Dainik Jagran" or any other similar name or any combination or variations thereof, from any place including Meerut and Dehradun and (ii) any Hindi newspaper from the States of Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Haryana, Bihar, Jharkhand and Punjab.
Scheme of Amalgamation
In 2002, by a scheme of amalgamation between JPDPL, JPVPL, RPPL and the Company, sanctioned by the High Court of Allahabad, vide its order dated June 1, 2002, the whole of the undertakings of each of JPDPL, JPVPL and RPPL were transferred to and vested in the Company. Since JPDPL, JPVPL and RPPL were our wholly-owned subsidiaries, no Equity Shares were allotted in lieu of the shares held by the Company in the said companies. The share capital of each of JPDPL, JPVPL and RPPL stood cancelled.
Acquisition of Business from Jagran Research Centre
In fiscal 2005, we acquired the research business of Jagran Research Centre, a partnership firm, in which the Company was holding 89% of the shares prior to the acquisition. It has paid Rs. 1.53 million as consideration for the acquisition.
-Jagran Prakashan Ltd has informed that Dainik Jagran is launching its 31st edition from Amritsar on September 06, 2006.
-Jagran Prakashan launches City Plus
-Jagran Prakashan to launch "I-next", a compact daily
-Jagran Prakashan fixes price band at Rs 270-32
-Jagran Prakashan has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:5
- Jagran Prakashan Ltd has appointed Mr. Rahul Gupta as an alternate director to Mr. Gavin K O Reilly w.e.f. October 23, 2008.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
- The Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on October 27, 2009, inter alia, has declared an Interim Dividend of Rs. 2 per equity share of Rs. 2/- each.
- "Jagran Prakashan Limited announces the merger of newspaper business of Mid-Day Multimedia Limited WITH ITSELF".
- Jagran Praka - Launch of Urdu newspaper "Inquilab"
- Jagran Praka - Launch of Punjabi newspaper "Punjabi Jagran"
- Jagran Praka - Jagran Prakashan acquires Suvi Info Management (Indore) Private Limited.
- Company has allotted 1,500 Secured Redeemable Non-Convertible Privately Placed Debentures (NCDs) of face value of Rs. 10,00,000 each, aggregating to Rs. 150 Crores to the subscribers.
- Mr. Anuj Puri and Mr. Dilip Cherian are appointed as the non-executive Independent Additional Director of the Company
- The Board of Directors of the Company has recommended Final Dividend of Rs. 2 per equity share of Rs. 2/- each (i.e.@100%)
- Mr. Satish Chandra Mishra is appointed as non- independent Additional Director of the Company
- Jagran Prakashan Limited (JPL) to Acquire Music Broadcast Private Limited IndiaÂs Leading Radio Network
- The Company has recommended Final Dividend of Rs. 3 per equity share of Rs. 2/- each (i.e.@150%)