1991 - The Company was incorporated on 3rd January, with the main
objects of Production and Telecast of TV. programmes. It
obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 5th
February, and to begin with, started with video production
1993 - In October, the Company entered into a Memorandum of
Understanding with two U.S. - based Companies of NRl's viz. Joint
American Indian Network, Inc., an Illinois Corp., and
Development Finance and Communications Ltd., a New York Corp.,
for the purpose of operating a 24 hour TV broadcasting business
directed primarily at the Indian market. Subsequently, a Joint
Venture Agreement was signed between Joint American Indian
Network Inc. and the Company.
1994 - The Joint Venture commenced broadcasting from the uplinking
facility located at Dubna near Moscow from 1st January, with the
leasing of transponder No.10 on the stationary satellite located
at 103 degrees East.
- JAIN TV became the first network to provide 4 hours of spiritual
programming covering all faiths like Hinduism, Islam,
Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism and others.
- The Company produced 120 episodes on the teachings of Holy Quran
and for the first time in the country, started daily telecasts
on the subject.
- The company has procured the broadcasting rights, and telecasted
82 programmes, on thoughts of OSHO, 13 episodes of Swami
Chinmayanand and several other programmes on Christianity.
- JAIN TV became the first private channel to give election news
and analysis during the State Assembly Elections held in the year
- JAIN TV provided an opportunity and facility to all political
parties to avail the time slots and put their political
propaganda on TV.
- A cartoon film made by the Company titled 'Wisdom of the Mouse'
was selected for screening at International Conference on
Population & Development, which was organised by the United
Nations at Cairo (EGYPT) from 5th to 13th September. This film
earned a Certificate of Recognition from John Hopkins University,
- JAIN TV also was responsible for giving a fillip to regional
languages television airing entertainment programmes in Tamil,
Telegu, Malyalam, Bengali and other Indian languages.
- The Company earned a distinction in running a number of
continuing medical education programmes to develop a niche
1995 - JAIN TV was the only channel where quotations of Bombay Stock
Exchange on almost real time basis could be seen at the bottom of
the screen on a ticker, reaching out to 56 countries in the
- JAIN TV made an arrangement with United States Information
Service and regularly showed their programmes related to
Developmental issues and on subjects like science and technology,
1996 - Public Issue of 21,79,300 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10/- each
for cash at a premium of Rs 80/- per share aggregating Rs
19,61,37,000/- was issued on 28th June.
1997 - The Company's new project to run a modern state-of-the-art studio
and produce video software at UV-442, Udyog Vihar, Dundahera,
Gurgaon, is in progress.
- The company had entered into an agreement with Joint American
Indian Network Inc., USA whereby the company had been granted
right to use Satellite Transponder to air its programme.
- The company had issued 20,00,000 equity shares of Rs. 10/- each
for cash at par to Joint American Indian Network Inc. The
agreement expired on 17.12.96.
1998 - The company had reimported 300 video programmes from Hong Kong
earlier exported to Expotech Ltd., Hong Kong in the financial,
year 1995-96 for a total value of Rs. 260.38 lacs.
- During the year, the company had revalued its immovable
properties situated at Udyog Vihar Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai and
Bangalore at Rs.350 lacs, 82 lacs, 40 lacs and Rs. 50 lacs
respectively, creating Revaluation Reserve of Rs. 397.79 lacs.
1999 - The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) has cleared a
proposal of Jain Studios Ltd (JSL) in disregard of the
objection raised by the information and broadcasting ministry
on the quantum of foreign equity.
- Jain Studios, promoted by former BJP member of Parliament J K
Jain, had sought permission for increasing business activities,
including providing Internet-related services, setting up an
earth station gateway at Noida and uplinking from there for the
Jain TV channel.
- JSL had stated that the company would get into the business of
providing Internet services, electronic data interchange,
electronic trading, robotics, creation and provision of
- The company has also set up of software technology parks, gateway
earth stations, take up broadcasting and multicasting projects
related to radio or TV, whether through satellite or
terrestrially or otherwise, of voice, data as permitted by
regulatory authorities in any part of the country to promote
software and manpower exports.
2000 - Jain Studios Ltd (JSL), the broad-casting company for Jain TV is
making a foray into the information and technology sector with
the focus on internet related projects.
- To set up the gateway earth station at Noida, JSL has floated
another company called the Noida Software Technology Park Ltd
with an investment of Rs 6 crore.
- JAIN Studios will raise an additional Rs 150 crore for setting up
the country's first private gateway for both video uplinking as
well as internet connectivity. The earth station is set up at
the company's 12-acre Noida property, near Delhi.
- Jain Studios would pitch hard to become the first ISP to provide
internet services through a multipurpose TV set.
- Jain Studios was the first company in India that had secured
necessary clearances from both the information and broadcasting
(I&B) ministry as well as the department of telecommunications
(DoT) for setting up a gateway bypassing VSNL for both
broadcasting and internet services.
- Jain Studios has joined hands with Transaction Systems Architects
to launch secure Internet payment gateway to carry out credit
card transactions on the Internet.
- The Company has dematerialised its shares with effect from 1st
- The Company has entered into a tripartite agreement for the
purpose with National Securities Depository Ltd and MAS Services
Pvt. Ltd., the registrar and transfer agents.
- The Company will spin off its Internet services division, Jain Internet, as a
separate company by early next year. The Company has already renamed
Jain Internet as Jain Networks.
-Jain Studios Limited has informed that Shri Shashi Kant Kapoor has resigned from the Directorship of the Company.