|Jammu and Kashmir Bank Limited was incorporated on 1st October, 1938 and commenced its business from 4th July, 1939 at in Kashimir (India). The Bank was the first in the country as a State owned bank.
According to the extended Central laws of the state, Jammu & Kashmir Bank was defined as a govt. Company as per the provision of Indian companies act 1956. In the year 1971, the Bank received the status of scheduled bank. It was declared as 'A' Class Bank by RBI in 1976. Today the bank has more than 500 branches across the country and has recently became a 10 billion Dollar Company.
1938 - The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd was incorporated in 1938 to extend
banking facilities in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The bank was constituted as a government company under Companies
Act, 1956 and is functioning as bankers to the state government.
1993 - The Bank tied up with Reuter News Agency for instantaneous
information about global foreign currency rates and fluctuations
1994 - The Bank tied up with Reuter News Agency for instantaneous
information about global foreign currency rates and fluctuations
1995 - Banking Ombudsman Scheme was launched in June, with a view to
provide quick and inexpensive facility to resolve the grievances
of banks' customers.
- A loan delivery system was introduced in April, to instil
discipline in the utilization of bank credit especially by
1998 - Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd (J&K Bank) is coming out with a public
issue of 1,85,00,000 equity shares of Rs.10 each for cash at a
premium of Rs.28 per share aggregating Rs.70.30 crore.
- A recovery drive was launched which included settlement of long
outstanding loan accounts of chronic defaulters by outside court
- Bank introduced a new term deposit scheme under the title 'Jana
Priya Jamma Yojna' carrying flexibility in the repayment
- Housing Loan and Education Loan Schemes for general public have
been introduced during the current financial year.
1999 - The bank entered into an agreement with IBA to connect its ATMs
through a shared network.
2000 - Jammu and Kashmir Bank has tied up with Infosys Technologies to
offer internet banking and for its e-commerce initiatives.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank is in talks with two foreign insurance
companies for a joint venture for its insurance subsidiary to be
floated by the year end.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd, the Srinagar-based listed bank in the
country, tied up with Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank has tied up with American Express to
launch a co-branded credit card. The J&K Bank American Express
Credit card offers high value features including global validity, balance
transfer facility, membership rewards and emergency cash.
- The Bank will broaden its areas of diversification by getting into non-life
insurance and depository business, apart from life Insurance and asset
management business following the recommendations of pricewaterhouse Coopers .
2001 - The Bank has launched J&K Bank - AMEX Co. Branded Credit Card pursuant to
agreement entered with American Express Bank.
- The Bank has tied up with the US-based insurance giant, Metlife, for the proposed foray
in the insurance sector.
-Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has informed that following persons have ceased to be Directors of the Bank. Mr H S Anand and Mr M I Shahdad. Further the Company has informed that the following persons were appointed as Directors:Dr G Q Allaqaband and Mr D S Kandhari
Further the following finance luminaries were reappointed as additional Directors of the Bank in the aforesaid Board Meeting.Dr A M Khusro,Mr G P Gupta and Mr Vipin Malik.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd has informed the following change in the Board:
1) Mr G R Khan and Mr G M Dug have ceased to be directors of the bank at AGM held on June 02, 2003.
2) Mr Mohammad Yasin Mir and Mr B L Dogra have been appointed as directors on the Board at AGM held on June 02, 2003.
3) Dr A M Khusro, Mr G P Gupta and Mr Vipin Malik have been appointed as Directors of bank on June 3, 2003.
-Jammu and Kashmir Bank has agreed to reduce the rate of interest rom 16 to 12% on
various loans advanced to houseboat owners, taxi and shikariwalas.
-Dr Haseeb A Drabu, consultant to the Economic Advisory Council of Prime Minister and
presently the Economic Advisor to the government of J & K has been appointed as
the Director of the Bank.
-J & K Bank has informed that Mr D S Khandhari, Director has ceased to be a director
to the bank on account of his resignation to the directorship.
-Jammu and Kashmir Bank has strengthened its bonds with Infosys by successfully
deploying Finacle Core Banking.
-J & K bankhas decided to launch Global Access Card ( an International Debit Card)
in association with Master Card International.
-Mr.J B Moria, Mr J A Khan, and Mr. A M Khusro were ceased to be the directors of the bank.
-Mr Sudhakar Kaza, General Manager, National Clearing Centre, RBI was appointed
as the additional Director to the bank on the board.
-J&K Bank slashes PLR to 11-pc
-J&K Bank approves Rs 300-cr for Reliance Infocom
-Jammu and Kashmir Bank ties up with ICICI Bank to share the ATM network
-Jammu & Kashmir bank has received the Asian Banking Award 2004 in Manila for its customer convenience programme'.
-J&K Bank signs MoU with Bajaj Tempo
-Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has informed that the following persons were appointed as Directors on the Board of the Bank at the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders held on June 12, 2004: 1. Dr Haseeb A Drabu 2. Mr Umar Khurshid Tramboo 3. Mr Munir-ud-din Shawl
-J & K Bank unveils international division in Srinagar
-IDBI Bank ties up for Visa transactions with Jammu & Kashmir Bank to launch a platform for the state's merchant establishment.
-JK Bank inks pact with Birla Power Solutions
-Jammu & Kashmir Bank receives approval from RBI for increasing the FII's Holding.
-Jammu & Kashmir Bank ties up with Kota Mutual Funds
Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has appointed Mr. M S Verma (Ex-Chairman, State Bank of India) and Mr. G P Gupta (Ex-Chairman & Managing Director, IDBI) as Directors of the Bank in the meeting of the Board of Directors held on June 09, 2007.
-J&K Bank and SDA Sign MOU
-JK Bank launches Dastkar Finance Scheme A tribute to golden hands: Mushtaq Ahmad
-Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has appointed Mr. Ashok Kumar Mehta and Mr. Abdul Majid Mir, Presidents as Executive Directors on the Board of Directors of the Bank w.e.f. May 01, 2008, pursuant to the approval accorded by the Reserve Bank of India vide their letter dated April 30, 2008.
- J&K Bank and Tata Consultancy Services sign MoU to create IT blueprint
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has informed that Mr. B L Dogra, was reappointed as Director of the Bank at the 70th Annual General Meeting held on July 19, 2008. Further, the Bank has informed that Mr. M S Verma (Ex-Chairman, State Bank of India) and Mr. G P Gupta (Ex-Chairman & Managing Director, IDBI) were re-appointed as Directors of the Bank in the meeting of the Board of Directors held on July 19, 2008.
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd has informed that Mr. Arnab Roy, Regional Director,Reserve Bank of India, Jammu, have been appointed as Director of the Bank with effect from November 05, 2009.
-J&K Bank launches 'I am Listening' campaign
-J&K Bank launches special merchant acquisition drive
-JK Bank ties- up with Tata BP Solar India Ltd
-HPCL, JK Bank sign MoU Bank to install ATMs at HP petrol pumps
-JK Bank launches An Poshe Tele Yeli Wan Poshe Over 100 LPG connections distributed at Chandanwari.
-J&K Bank launches Operation Clean Up