1987 - The Company was Incorported on 19th March, at Delhi. The company
was promoted as a joint venture by Maruti Udyog Ltd. (MUL), and
private promoters F.C. Singhal, S.K. Arya, S.P. Arya and S.K.
Bindal and Associates, with MUL contributing 31% of the equity
capital of the company. The Company Manufacture sheet metal
components, assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of
sheet metal components, assemblies and sub-assemblies. Technical
assistance and back-up support required for the project was to be
provided by MUL as per specifications and quality standards
prescribed by Suzuki, Japan.
1988 - 700 No. of equity shares subscribed for by the signatories to the
Memorandum of Association. 51,19,300 No. of equity shares then
issued at par of which the following shares were reserved and
allotted on a firm basis:
- (i) 15,84,300 shares to resident directors, their friends etc.
and (ii) 15,85,000 shares to Maruti Udyog Ltd. (MUL). Of the
balance 19,50,000 No. of equity shares the following shares were
reserved for allotment on a preferential basis: (i) 5,50,000 to
NRIs (all were taken up) and (ii) 2,56,000 shares to
employees/workers of the Company (only 22,200 shares taken up).
The remaining 11,44,000 shares along with 2,33,800 shares not
taken up by employees were offered for public subscription during
September/October 1988. Additional 2,92,500 shares allotted to
retain over-subscription (82,500 shares to NRIs and 2,10,000
shares to the public.
1990 - A new line for manufacture of components for 1000 cc Maruti Car
1991 - The company signed a joint venture agreement with HMT Ltd. for
setting up a Tool Room.
1992 - Maruti Udyog, Ltd., was proposing to launch a new model car named
Zen and the Company received letter of intent from MUL for
manufacturing of Components for this new model.
- The Company launched the new model car namely 'ZEN' and pilot
supply of components for the new model has started.
- The Company had also developed some of the intricate Gypsy/1000cc
car components. Exports possibilities being explored and
received enquiries from U.K. and Egypt.
1993 - As a part of diversification the Company proposed to set up a
modern tool room to develop tools for increasing requirements of
1994 - The Company developed various new sheet metal components which
were imported till date.
- The Company proposed to double the capacity from 12,500 tonnes to
25,000 tonnes per annum with the installation of new machineries
and infrastructure. The project was commissioned during 1995-96.
1995 - The Company continued to develop new sheet metal components.
1996 - The Company successfully developed components and assemblies for
ESTEEM & ZEN for export model cars.
- The Company signed another technical assistance agreement with
M/s. Hamamatsu Pipe Co. Ltd. Japan, a subsidiary of M/s. Suzuki
Motor Corporation for improving muffler manufacturing technology
to meet the stringent emission norms.
- The Company has entered into a tripartite agreement with NSDL and CDSL
for dematerilisation of equity shares.
-Approved voluntary delisting of equity shares from Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Delhi Stock Exchange.
-Jay Bharat Maruti Ltd has appointed Mr. Rajeev Ranjan as an Assistant Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of the Company w.e.f. 1st January 2007.
- Jay Bharat Maruti Ltd has redesignated Mr. Surendra Kumar Arya, Vice Chairman & Managing Director of the Company as Chairman & Managing Director of the Company.
- Jay Bharat Maruti Ltd has appointed Mr. Achintya Karati as an additional director of the Company w.e.f. April 14, 2009.