1951 - The company was incorporated as a private limited company in
West Bengal in 14th February, 1951. Until 31st March 1970, the
company was engaged in the managing agency business. Thereafter,
the company decided to undertake manufacturing activities and
obtained a letter of intent in February 1972 for the manufacture
of automobile tyres and tubes.
- The letter of intent was converted into an industrial licence in
February 1974 for the manufacture of 4 lakh nos. each automobile
tyre and tubes per annum. The company was converted into a
public limited company on 1st April 1974. The manufacturing
project was promoted by Straw Products Ltd and J.K. Synthetics
- The company entered into technical collaboration with General
Tire International Co., U.S.A., (a subsidiary of General Tire &
Rubber Co., U.S.A.) for technical services for a period of 5
years and sales agreement for the supply of technical know-how,
engineering and documentation for operational facilities (for a
period of 8 years from 23.8.73).
- Under the collaboration agreement, the Company has the right to
use on its products the wording "Made in collaboration with
General Tire International Co., USA".
1982 - The company's technical collaboration agreement with General Tire
International Co., was renewed for a further period of 5 years.
1987 - The overall working resulted in substantial profits despite a
51-days strike as well as go-slow from 14th October. The strike
had since then been resolved and amicable settlement was reached.
Efforts were on to launch a new pattern in steel belted radial
1988 - New steel radial tyres for Maruti Gypsy and Tata mobile were
introduced. The Company proposed to incur an expenditure of Rs
300 lakhs for installationof latest and sophisticated R&D
1989 - Several new patterns and sizes of tyres were introduced including
a semi-lug Nylon Truck tyre, all of which were well received in
1991 - Handeep Investment, Ltd., Hidrive Finance Ltd., Panchanan
Investment Ltd., and Radial Finance Ltd., J. K. International
Ltd., Shivdham Properties Ltd., and J.K. Asia Pacific, Ltd., are
subsidiaries of the Company.
1992 - The J.K. International division expanded its activities by
opening its office in Moscow besides starting Company's
subsidiaries in U.K. & Honkong. The radial tyres for tractors
and business launched in the previous year were well received.
1993 - New radial tyres `Brute' and `Ultima' were introduced. The
Company was in the process of developing steel belted radial
tyres for the prestigious cars in the Mercedes Benz, Peugeot,
Daewoo race and Opel Astra. A new pattern developed for bus and
trucks `PE-T8' was well received in the market.
1994 - The company maintained its pace of growth, despite steep rise in
raw material and input costs and competition. The Company
effected an all round cost reduction and attained higher
capacity utilisation at both the tyre plants at Jaykaygram and
- The T-rated Ultima tyres launched for new generation cars found
its acceptance in DCM Daewoo's `Ceilo'. Also J.K. Steel radial
was chosen for Mercedes Benz India.
- The Company undertook to develop steel radials for GM's `Astra'.
PAL's `Peugekot' FIAT's, `UNO' and M & M's `Ford'.
- The Company launched a premium truck tyre `Jet Trak' - 39 which
was introduced to meet the need sof the heavy load market. The
new tractor rear tyre `SONA' was well received in the market.
1996 - During this period, a new Car tyre "Jet Drive XS", the widest
nylon car tyre for Maruti 800 was launched. Along with new
semi-lug and heavy duty lug tyre for trucks, a new lug tyre for
super heavy load applications "Jet Trak 39" was also introduced.
In the Radial category, "Ultima XR Radial", a terrain tyre was
introduced. All these products were well received in the market.
- Both the tyre plants operated to full capacity. In line with JK
tyre, the radials unit introduced, the dual contact high traction
and high performance Aquasonic steel radial car tyre. The unit
also developed India's first and only H-rated ultima Xs'
specially for Mercides - Benz Cars.
2000 - The Company proposes to reduce its debt by Rs 125 crore in the
current fiscal from the current level of Rs 635 crore by way of
- The Company and Indian Oil Corporation have entered into a
marketing alliance for installing digital air pressure guages and
setting up sales and services outlets at IOC petrol stations
throughtout the country.
2001 - Raghupati Singhania managing director of J K Industries has been appointed the 19th
Chairman of Automative Tyre Manufacturers Association, the representative body of
tyre industry in India.
2002- J.K.Industries Ltd has informed BSE that CRISIL has assigned a P1+ rating to the Commercial Paper programme of the company.
- J.K. Industries Ltd (JKI) has a new Marketing Director in Mr Ajay Kapila. Before joining JKI, Mr Kapila was Senior Vice-President (Sales and Marketing) at Kinetic Engineering Ltd. He was also Director on board and operational head of Kinetic's direct selling arm - Kinetic Marketing Services Ltd.
-Completes its comprehensive restructuring exercise of businesses that leads to its emergence as a pure automotive tyre company. Along with the de-merger of its non-tyre business, Sugar and Agri Seeds, into separate companies namely JK Sugar Ltd and JK Agri-Genetics Ltd, JKI also completes the merger of Vikrant Tyres Ltd with itself
-J.K.Industries delists from Jaipur Stock Exchange
-divested its wholly-owned subsidiay called J.K. Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd to TEVA Pharmaceuticals of Israel.
-JK Industries Ltd has informed that its securities are delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE) w.e.f. January 29, 2004.
- JK Industries Ltd has informed that the name of the Company has been changed from "J K Industries Ltd" to "JK Tyre & Industries Ltd" w.e.f. April 02, 2007.
- Company name has been changed from JK Industries Ltd to JK Tyre & Industries Ltd.
-The company has issued rights in the ratio of 1:3 at a premium of Rs.75 Per Share.
- JSL Ltd announced huge expansion plans under which it would set up 1.6 MT greenfield plant in Orissa due to which its stainless steel manufacturing capacity will rise to about 2.5 MT by March 2014, thus making it the largest producer in India.
- Jsl Limited has informed that consequent upon vacancy caused by the sad demise of Sh. A.K. Jain, Company Secretary of the company on January 1, 2009, Mr. Sunil Yadav has been appointed as Company Secretary of the company w.e.f. January 13, 2009. Mr. Sunil Yadav has also been designated as Compliance Officer of the company in pursuance of clause 47(a) of the listing agreement.
- JSL Ltd has informed BSE that the name of the Company have been changed from "JSL Limited" to "JSL Stainless Limited". The Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi & Haryana has issued the fresh certificate of incorporation dated August 06, 2010 consequent upon change of name.
- JSL Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company has appointed Mr. Jurgen Hermann Fechter and Mr. James Alistair Kirkland Cochrane as Additional Directors w.e.f. March 09, 2010 by passing the resolution through circulation.
- JSL Limited led by Ratan Jindal is going to setup a 1320 Mw power project in the state of Orissa. The company signed a MoU with the Orissa government for setting up a super critical thermal power plan in the state on Thursday. The plant will be setup with a total investment of Rs 7,375 crore.
- JSL Stainless signs power purchase agreement with GRIDCO.
- JSL Stainless Ltd has informed BSE that the name of the Company have been changed from "JSL Stainless Limited" to "Jindal Stainless Limited" with effect from December 07, 2011. The Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi & Haryana has granted its approval on December 07, 2011.
- The Company has allotted 3,64,972 equity shares of Rs. 2/- each to "The Royal Bank of Scotland NV London Branch".
-Vikrant Tyre Plant has won the "Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award".
-JK Tyre launches an integrated brand campaign.
-JK Tyre chosen as a Superbrand for the year.
-SAP ACE award 2014Â to JK Tyre.
-UX1 conferred with the prestigious Auto Bild Advisor Product of the Year.
-JK Tyre & Industries has splits its face value from Rs 10/- to 2/-
-The Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from "7, Council House Street, Kolkata- 700 001" To "Jaykaygram, PO - Tyre Factory, Kankroli - 313 342, Rajasthan ".
- JK Tyre ICOTY IMOTY Awards 2015
- JK Tyre receives Brand of the Year award by the World Branding Forum
-JK Tyre gets CCI nod for acquisition of Cavendish
-The company on Monday unveiled the 10 millionth truck radial tyre from the companyÂs Vikrant plant at Mysuru.
-JK Tyre Completes Acquisition of Laksar (Haridwar) Tyre unit of Kesoram Industries Ltd.