|The Company was incorporated as a private limited company on 30th January 1986 in the name of J M Share & Stock Brokers Pvt. Ltd. The Company has been promoted by JMFICS to engage directly or indirectly in the business of share and stock broking, finance broking, underwriting of securities including shares, debentures, etc. The present issued, Equity Share JMFICS and, therefore, by virtue of Section 4 of the Act, the Company is a subsidiary of JMFICS. On JMFICS becoming a deemed public limited company by virtue of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1988 read with the Companies Act, 1956, on 15th June, 1988, the Company
also became a deemed public limited company as of that date pursuant to the applicable provisions of the Companies Act, 1956. Subsequently, the Company became a public company by making necessary alterations in its Articles of Association.
As stated earlier, the main object of the Company is to enlarge directly or indirectly in the business of share and stock broking, and other related capital market activities such as underwiting of securities and Portfolio Management. To act as a stock broker, it is necessary for a company to be a member of a stock exchange. Under the guidelines issued by the Government of India, corporate entitles are permitted to be enrolled as members of a stock exchange, provided.
i) that the Company is formed in compliance with the provisions of Section 322 of the Companies Act, 1956;
ii) that a majority of Directors of the Company are shareholders of the Company and also members of the Stock Exchange; and
iii) that the Directors of the Company who are members of the Stock Exchange have unlimited liability in the Company.
Since the Company is not in a position to comply with the aforesaid conditions, it has been proposed that the Company would carry on its share and stock broking activities through a number of affiliates (Stock Broking Companies/Partnership Firms/Individual Stock Brokers) who would be members of various Stock Exchanges.
-JM Financial launches a private equity fund
- JM Financial Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company has decided to appoint Mr. Paul Sebastian Zuckerman as an additional director on the Board of the Company. Mr. Zuckerman will be an independent director of the Company.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 3:2.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs1/-.
- The Board has recommended a dividend of Re 0.20 per share.
- Finance Asia Country Awards for Achievement - best equity House in India.
- Best Workplaces in India - Ranked among top 50 companies by Great Places to Work Institute.
- Board recommended a normal dividend of Re. 0.25 per share and a "silver jubilee special dividend" of Re. 0.25 per share on account of this being the twenty-fifth year of the Company.
- JM Financial - South Africa's Rand Merchant Bank and JM Financial sign MoU on Strategic Co-operation.
- Board recommends a dividend of Rs. 0.60 per share.
- IFLR India Awards - JM Financial wins "Team of the Year" in the Indian Investment Banks category.
- JM Financial Services received the highest Broker Grading of BQ1 by the rating agency, CRISIL.
- The Company has appointed Mr. Keki Dadiseth as an additional director on the Board of the Company. Mr. Dadiseth will be an independent director of the Company.
- The Board has recommended a dividend of Re. 0.60 per share.
- The Company at its meeting held on March 30, 2012, has re-appointed Mr. Nimesh N Kampani as the Managing Director.
- UTI MF and CNBC TV-18 Financial Advisor Awards - JM Financial Services honoured as the Best Performing National Financial Advisor - Institutional.
- The Great Place to Work Awards 2012 conducted by The Great Place to Work Institute, India in Partnership with Economic Times.
-JM Financial announced Vikram Pandit will make a strategic investment in JM Financial with potential additional investments in its NBFC, proposed bank and a joint distressed asset fund.
- JM Financial Asset Management Among Top 100 India's Best Companies
- The Company received M&A Atlas Awards.
-Registered Office of the Company is being changed from: 141, Maker Chambers III, Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021 Phone: 022-6630 3030 Fax: 022-22028224 To: 7th Floor, Cnergy, Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025 Phone: 022 - 6630 3030 Fax: 022 - 6630 3223.
- JM Financial announced that it has received a significant capital investment in its real estate lending subsidiary company, FICS Consultancy Services Limited (FICS).
- The Company received The AssetÂs Triple A Country Awards.
- JM Financial Services Ltd awarded UTI MF & CNBC-TV18's Financial Advisor Awards 2013-14.
- JM Financial Services Limited - Ranked 41st amongst India's 100 Best Companies.
-The Asset Triple A Country Awards
-The Acquisition International 2015 M&A Awards
-JM Financial Services Limited -Ranked 1st in the Investments Industry Category in India's Best Companies To Work For 2015
-JM Financial Services Ltd awarded Best Performing National Financial Advisor Institutional
-JM Financial Institutional Securities Ltd Awarded Highest Independent Honour in India
-JM Financial Institutional Securities Ltd awarded the M&A Deal Maker of the Year
-JM Financial acquires shares of IHL.