1979 - The Company was Incorporated on 7th July, at Hyderabad (AP). The
company was promoted by P. Venkateswarlu.
- The Company's object is to manufacture cement.
1982 - 2,70,000 shares taken by APIDC and 4,50,000 shares subscribed for
by private promoters, etc. 10,80,000 shares offered at par for
public subscription during May.
1986 - Cement production declined to 70,700 tonnes mainly due to power
cut as high as 60%.
1988 - Profitability was affected due to the steep fall in selling
- An application was made to Govt. for issue of a letter of intent
for enhancement of plant's capacity to 600 TPD. The Company made
an application to IDBI for financial assistance for
- The expansion-cum-modernisation programme embraces the following
- (i) Installation of five stage pre-heater with precalciner;
- (ii) Installation of grate cooler in place of planetory cooler;
- (iii) New mills for handling additional raw material, coal and
- (iv) Excellent Instrumentation system with PLC and
- (v) Huge Investment of ESP and CT for controlling pollution.
1992 - The Company installed 2270 KVA imported diesel generator set
which was commissioned in January 1993.
- Subject to necessary approvals the Company proposed to diversify
into sugar, sugarbased industrial and power projects.
- During October, the company issued 9,00,000 right equity shares
of Rs.10 each at a prem. of Rs.40 per share in the proportion of
1:2. Only 8,28,550 shares taken up. The remaining 71,450 shares
devolved on the underwriters (47,650 shares taken by IDBI and
23,800 shares by ICICI).
- Another 45,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at a prem. of
Rs.40 per share were offered to the employees of the Company.
Only 43,900 shares taken up. The balance 1100 shares not taken
by employees were allowed to lapse.
- 3,000 forfeited shares reissued 9,43,900 shares allotted (prem.
Rs.40 per share) as rights (prop. 1:2) and to employees.
1993 - The Company has installed 2270 KVA (6.3 KV) imported Diesel
Generator Set and successfully commissioned in the month of
1994 - During the year under review, the Company has produced 2,12,300
Mt of Cement as against 1,53,886 Mt of cement for the previous
year and able to achieve the capacity utilisation at 110%.
- 9,56,100 No. of equity shares allotted. 37,00,000 bonus equity
shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1996 - KCL entered into an MoU with SKSCL on 3rd October and three of
its nominees were inducted into the board of Skscl.
1997 - Profitability was affected due to low realisation of price of
cement coupled with considerable increase in the cost of inputs.
Efetive 1st April, the erstwhile Kailas Sugar & Chemicals Ltd was
merged with the company as per BIFR directive.
- The Company acquired 10% equity stake in Sree Kailas Sugars and
Chemicals Limited (SKSCL).
- Sterling Horticulture and Research Ltd and Kakatiya Cements are
yet to come out with public offers for acquisition of equity in
Bharti Telecom and Sree Kailas Sugars respectively.
- Kakatiya Cements, which had acquired 50.56 per cent of the shares
of Sri Kailas Sugars, was to pick up 20 per cent more from
1998 - The Cement Division has produced only 209590 Mt of cement as
against 219880 Mt of cement for the previous year and could
achieve the capacity utilisation of 105.85%.
- During the year under review, the Sugar Division crushed 88,631
MT of sugar cane as against 76,608 MT for the previous year.
1999 - The Government of India has increased the capacity and despatch
limits for mini cement Companies from 1,98,000 MT (600 TPD) and
2,20,000 MT to 2,97,000 MT (900 TPD) and 3,00.000 MT
- The Company is the first mini cement plant to install ESP & CT
for abatement of pollution in Unit I and Unit Il.
- Kakatiya Cements Ltd, a Hyderabad-based mini cement company has
got shareholders approval to merge it with one of its group
company, Kailash Sugars and Chemicals Ltd.
- The Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR)
has permitted the merger of the sick Sree Kailash Sugar and
Chemicals Ltd with Kakatiya Cement Ltd.
2000 - The Company has expanded the installed capacity of its Cement
Plant from 600 tpd/198000 tpa to 900 tpd/297000 tpa to take
advantage of the Central Excise notification allowing mini cement
plants to make despatches upto 3,00,000 tonnes per annum.
-Reappointed Mr.P.Venkateswarlu as Managing Director and Mr.P.Veeraiah as Jt.Managing Director for 5 years
-Appointed Mr. P V Rao,IAS (Retd.) as Director.