Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Ltd was originally incorporated as a proprietary concern in the year 1945 at Alwaye, 20 Kms from Cochin in the State of Kerala. The founder late Shri K G K panicker was a renowned Ayurveda Acharya and had graduated from the Trivandrum Ayurveda College as Vaidya Kalanidhi. He pioneered the concept of hospitalized
treatment in Ayurveda and set up clinics within the State of Kerala. he was actively involved in social and cultural activities also. The Proprietary concern was converted into a partnership firm of the family members of the Founder, in the year 1977.
A Private Limited Company by name KERALA PHARMACY PRIVATE LIMITED was incorporated on 15/02/1991 vide Certificate of Registration No 09-05968, issued by the Registrar of Companies, Kerala, which took over the assets and liabilities of the partnership concern on 5/10/1992.
Another Private Limited Company, by name Pensem Drugs and Pharmaceutical (P) Ltd. was promoted by the same promoters and the Company was registered vide Certificate of Registration No. 09 - 2941 dated 14/12/1979 issued by the Registrar of Companies, Kerala. The Company had, as it's main objective, manufacture and marketing of Ayurvedic
Drugs, formulations and medicines.
The above two Companies constituting the Kerala Pharmacy Group has been engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of Ayurvedic medicines; operating a chain of ayurvedic clinics in all important towns in Kerala and neighboring States. Ayurvedic clinics were also set up in
the Metropolis of Bombay, Madras and Bangalore. All these Clinics are known as Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Ltd. since they are attached to distribution network of the Company at these centres. An integrated full fledged ayurvedic clinic by name 'AMRUTHAM' was set up at Alwaye in the year 1989 to extend a wide range of treatment including specialized
in-patient treatments uniaque to Ayurveda.
On 6th July 1992, a Public Limited Company was incorporated under the name and style PENSEM AYURVEDA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. with the main object of manufacturing, formulating, blending, preparing, processing, purchasing, exporting, importing, selling, and dealing in Ayurvedic medicines, Pharmaceutical preparations, formulations, derivatives,
compounds, essences, extracts, tinctures, tablets and capsules. The Company was registered vide Certificate of Registration No 09-06592, dated 6/07/1992 issued by the Registrar of Companies, Kerala. The Company obtained Certigicate of Commencement of Business on 23/07/1992.
The name of the Company was subsequently changed to KERALA AYURVEDA PHARMACY LTD. (KAPL) with effect from 25.11.1992 and Company obtained fresh certificate consequent to change of name vide certificate dated 25/11/1992 issued by the Registrar of Companies, Kerala. It was then decided to amalgamate two of the group companies viz. KERALA PHARMACY
(P) LTC. AND PENSEM DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS(P) LTD. into the new company, Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Limited. A scheme of amalgamation was submitted to the Hon'ble High court of Kerala and the scheme was approved by the Hon'ble Court vide order dated 15.11.1993 and the amalgamation was given effect from 22.2.1994.
MAIN OBJECTS OF THE COMPANY
* To carry on the business of manufacturing, formulating, blending, preparing, processing, purchasing, exporting, importing, selling, dealing in Ayurveda Medicines, Pharmaceutical Preparations, formulations, derivatives, compounds, essences, extracts, tinctures tablets and capsules.
OTHER MAJOR OBJECTS OF THE COMPNAY ARE:
* To carry on the business of establishing, conducting and managing Hospitals, Health Resorts, Clinics, Nursing Homes, Mobile Dispensaries, Family Welfare Centres, Maternity and Child Welfare Centres.
* To carry on the business of establishing, running and managing scientific, clinical and fundamental Research Centres for the advancement, progress and efficacy of the Ayurveda systems and other medical disciplines.
* To carry on the business of organising, establishing and managing Herbarium and medicinal gardens growing medicinal and aromatic plants and to procure, extract, process, prepare, purchase, export, imprt, sell and deal in Ayurveda Medicinal plants, roots, stems, leaves, flowers, seeds, nuts, and fruits of medicinal value.
* To establish, carry on and manage Educational Institutions for Scientific and Medical studies and research, and institutions for Nursery, Midwifery and Para Medical and Laboratory Courses and for conducting short term and long term courses in Ayurveda, Yoga and other
systems of medicines.
* To propagate and develop Ayurveda and other Traditional systems of medicines and medical treatments.
2000 - Kerala Ayurvedic Pharmacy to set up ayurvedic treatment centres in
all most all the Indian metros.
2004 - Ayurvedagram Heritage Wellness Centre Pvt Ltd (AHWC) has been hived off as a separate business entity with its own capitalisation of about Rs 3 crore.
- Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Ltd has informed that the Company has entered into an MOU with Pacific Healthcare Holdings to establish Joint Venture as a 51% subsidiary of the Company.
- Company name has been changed from Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Ltd to Kerala Ayurveda Ltd.