1933 - The Company was Incorporated at Mumbai. The Company's object is
to manufacture of sugar, alcohol, spirits and chemicals. Sugar
is manufactured by the double sulphitation process.
- The Company has a sugar factory, a distillery and a chemical
- The Company has a right to redeem the Redeemable pref. shares
after 31.12.1951 by giving 6 months notice at a prem. of 5%.
All shares issued for cash.
1945 - Authorised capital increased. 15,000 Right equity shares of
Rs.50 each issued at par in prop. 1:1.
1956 - 15,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.100 (Rs.80 paid up) each were
divided into 30,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.50 (Rs.40 paid-up)
1960 - A Call of Rs.10 per share made on the Equity shares making them
fully called up.
1962 - 18,000 Right equity shares offered at par in the prop. 2:5.
17,792 shares were taken up till 31st July, 1963.
1963 - A call of Rs.25 per share was made on the partly-paid equity
shares during the year.
1965 - 15,750 bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 1:4.
1968 - In September, 1969, 19,687 bonus equity shares issued in the
1975 - 73,827 bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 3:4 during
1977 - D.T.C division was formed consequent upon merger of the Company's
wholly owned subsidiary "Distillers Trading Corporation, Ltd."
with effect from 30th September.
1979 - The wholly owned subsidiary, "Distillers Trading Corporation
Ltd." New Delhi, was amalgamated with the Company with effect
from 30th September, 1977. This merger was effected on 21st
1981 - It was decided to discontinue production of some of the chemicals
and shift the chemical factory to a backward area in the Raigad
district of Maharashtra.
1985 - An application was made to increase the crushing capacity from
2,200 tonnes per day to 3,500 tonnes per day which was approved
by the Government during 1986-87.
- The synthetic rubber factory suspended the purchase of alcohol.
This led to the suspension of production of alcohol by the
- During May, the name of the Company was changed from The Kesar
Sugar Works Ltd., to Kesar Enterprises Ltd.
1986 - 6,61,320 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1987 - The Company was nominated to undertake the export of alcohol of
1989 - A better fermentation technology was selected to improve the
working of the distillery. Orders were also placed for plant and
- 17,22,640 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1991 - The Company also undertook to set up plants to produce Extra
Neutral Alcohol (ENA) and Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) at
1992 - During September/October, the Company offered 27,56,224 - 13.5%
fully convertible debentures of Rs.30 each on Rights basis in the
prop. 4 debentures : 5 equity shares held (all were taken up).
- Simultaneously, another 1,37,811 debentures were issued to the
employees on an equitable basis (only 23,600 debentures taken up)
The unsubscribed portion of 1,14,211 debentures was allowed to
- Each debenture was to be automatically and compulsorily converted
into one equity share of Rs.10 each at a prem of Rs.20 per share
on the expiry of 6 months from the date of allotment of
- 28,94,035 shares allotted at a prem. of Rs.20 per share on
conversion of 13.5% FCD. Also 5.50% pref. shares were redeemed.
1994 - The production in the distillery division was lower compared to
previous year due to plant shut down due to problem of
contamination. The Company launched IMFL products wine oxford,
club whisky, Pickwick whisky, Moonlite Gin, Lime drops gin,
Thunder fine rum, Chitah whisky, rum and gin for sale in U.P.
- The DTC division, undertook expansion project for putting up a
second terminal at New Kandla to meet the growing demand hiring
- The Company allotted 16% - Secured Redeemable non-Convertible
debentures of Rs.800 lakhs on private placement with IDBI,
repayable in 3 instalments at the end of 5th, 6th and 7th year
from the date of allotment of debentures.
- `Kesar Marble and Granite Ltd.' a 100% export oriented unit
engaged in processing and polishing of granite stone, is a
subsidiary of the Company.
- Amber Distilleries Pvt. Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of
- The Company has entered into tripartite agreement with NSDL, CDSL
and Sharex (I) Pvt. Ltd., R&T agent, fo dematerialisation of equity shares.
2002-Kesar Enterprises Ltd has informed that Shri Anirudh Ambalal Kilachand, Director of the company has expired on November 23, 2002.
- Email ID - email@example.com.
- The Compnay has received a Letter of Award (LOA) from Madhya Pradesh State Agricultural Marketing Board (Mandi Board) for setting up a 'Composite Logistics Hub' at Pawarkheda.
-Board of Directors of the Company has appointed Shri Prakash Dubey as an Additional Director (Independent) on the Board.
-Kesar Enterprise - Start of Crushing Operations for the Sugar