1987 - The company was incorporated on 7th September, in the State of
W. Bengal. It was promoted by Macneil and Magor group (M&M).
With a view to manufacture drying system, pneumatic handling
system, heat exchangers etc., the Company acquired the Kilburn
division of M & M (viz., the entire industrial machinery factory
of M & M situated at revenue villages of Bhandup and Nahur in
Taluka Kurla) as a going concern by a Scheme of Arrangement
sanctioned by the High Court of Calcutta with effect from 1st
- The main objective of the company is Engaged in the business of
designing, manufacturing, marketing, field erection and
commissioning of industrial drying system, oil field and air
- The erstwhile Kilburn division has on going collaboration with
- (i) Nara Machinery Co., Ltd., Japan for paddle dryers deep fluid
bed dryers, etc.,
- (ii) Bowen Engineering Inc., U.S.A. for spray dry system;
- (iii) Babcock BSH, W. Germany, for industrial centrifugal fans.
- Moreover, will have the benefit of cooperation arrangement for
specific application such as with Pleq Plant & Equipment, Germany
for rotary system, Silica Gel Gesselschaft, West Germany for
activated carbons, with Proctor and Schwartz, U.S.A. for band
drying system, T-Thermal USA for combusion system etc.
1990 - 7 shares subscribed for by signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 29,99,993 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each were
then issued at par of which 5,28,000 shares allotted to M&M for
considerating other than cash and 6,71,993 shares allotted to
Indian directors, their friends and relations of the Company and
also of M&M. Of the remaining 18,00,000 shares, the following
were reserved for allotment on a preferential basis:
- (i) 1,50,000 shares to employees' of M&M (Only 1,41,700 shares
- (ii) 1,50,000 shares to resident Indian shareholders of M&M (all
were taken up) and
- (iii) 3,00,000 shares to Institutions/Mutual Funds (all were
taken up). Additional 3,70,8000 shares allotted to retain
oversubscription (22,500 shares to shareholders, 2,47,500 shares
to Public and 1,00,800 shares to Indian resident directors,
their friends, etc.).
1991 - The Company finalised technial collaboration agreements with
Carrier Vibratory Equipment Inc., U.S.A. for vibrating conveyors
and with Process Systems International, USA for pneumatic
- During orders were secured for manufacture of test separators,
for offshore oil platform with the know-how provided by
Plenty-Metrol of U.K.
- With a view to substantial expansion of manufacturing operations
from 1,200 TPA to 5,200 TPA, the Company acquired a plot at GIDC
Industrial Estate at Por-Ramangamdi, on the outskirts of Baroda.
Necessary facilities at the acquired spot were created.
1992 - The Company entered into technical collaboration with Dry-Tech
Ltd., U.K. for spray dryers and with Silica Verfahrenstechnic,
Germany for Adsorption Systems for further augmenting its
capabilities in related fields.
1994 - The Company entered into an alliance with Bertrans AG, of
Switzerland for process plants and systems in the Chlor-Alkali
Sector. The company has also entered into a joint venture
agreement with Veco Corporation of USA for providing enhanced
capabilities in the EPC Area.
- On March-April 1993, 33,70,800 rights equity shares (Prem. Rs.
25; Prop 1:1) (all were taken up). Another 88,200 shares offered
at a premium of Rs. 25 per share to employees (only 6300 shares
taken up). Unsubscribed part was allowed to lapse.
1995 - The Company issued 14% Non-Convertible debentures aggregating
Rs. 115 lakhs on private placement basis with UTI. These are to
be redeemed in five equal annual instalments commencing on the
expiry of 5th year from the date of allotment with a premium of
Rs. 5 payable in the 7th year.
-The board has approved the following in the meeting
1. To sub-divide existing face value of unissued Preference Shares from Rs 100/- to Rs 10/- and reclassify 8242100 equity share as Redeemable Preference Share of Rs 10/-
2. To issue and offer such number of Redeemable Preference Shares of Rs 10/- each of an aggregate Nominal value not exceeding Rs 82.50 million for cash at par to such persons, Bodies Corporate & Other Entities as the Board may deem fit by private placement/preferential allotment.
-Kilburn Engineering Ltd at the AGM of the company held on March 31, 2004, the members of the company have approved the delisting of equity shares of the company from Vadodra Stock Exchange.
-Kilburn Engineering Ltd has entered into an MOU with Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd (HDIL) for transfer of the Company's property at Bhandup for a total consideration of Rs 124,70,00,000/-.
- Kilburn Engineering Ltd has informed BSE that about the following :
- Company has bagged an Order worth Rs 11.10 Crore from Tata Chemical Ltd, Mithapur, Gujarat for supply of Calciner. The Company has also received orders from Tea Estates / Rice Mills for supply of Tea / Paddy Dryers worth Rs 10.80 Crore.