|1980 - The Company was Incorporated on 25th November, in West Bengal under the name of Eagle Smelting Co. Pvt. Ltd., with the object of smelting of non-ferrous metals and alloys. The Company became a deemed public company on 26th December, 1986.
- The Company's object is to manufacture of commercial and office equipments, such as franking machines, stamp canceling machines, printing machines for drawing offices, plain paper copiers and consumables for plain paper copiers.
1986 - All shares taken up by promoters, directors, etc.
1987 - The Company entered into a Technical Agreement dated 25th May, with Macneil & Magor Ltd. (MML), under which MML were to provide know-how, designs, manufacturing data and other technical information including description and drawings of tools, jigs and fixtures, assembly process instructions, quality control procedures and specification and source of supply of bought items NML were also to provide services of their technical personnel
for supervision of erection during the implementation period and allow use of the brand name `KILBURN'.
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of 7,000 numbers per annum of franking machines, 2,500 numbers per annum of stamp canceling machines, 1,500 numbers per annum of plain paper copiers and 4,000 numbers per annum of printing machines for drawing offices.
- The Company also undertook to set up a captive plant for the manufacture of consumables for plain paper copiers.
- 8,88,250 rights shares issued at par. 8,70,000 shares then issued at par out of which 87,910 shares reserved for pref. allotment to employees, etc. of the company and those of promoter
companies but only 14,000 shares taken up. The balance 7,82,000 shares along with 73,910 shares not taken up by employees, etc. were offered to the public during July 1988.
1988 - The name of the Company was changed to Kilburn Reprographics Ltd., in terms of a fresh Certificate of Incorporation dated 2nd March.
- The Company adopted a new set of Articles of Association and it became a public limited company on 28th March.
1989 - The Company introduced a new product viz., EC drafter.
- The Company received a letter of intent for manufacture of toner and developer. The Company made an application to Technical Development Fund for import of advanced technology of franking machine.
- To meet working capital requirements, the Company is planning to come out with a rights issue of equity shares at a prem. of Rs.8 per share in prop. of 1:1.
1990 - Forfeiture on 2,000 shares annulled.
1992 - Tie-up with Mital Industrial Co. Ltd., Japan a series of photo-copiers were launched and with tie up with an electronics company, Taiwan a series of fax machines were launched. Apart
from these, certain accessories to franking machines including digital weighing scales were also launched.
- The Company has recently launched a particular model of Franking Machine on a Rental Scheme, approved by Department of Post, Government of India.
1993 - Profit was maintained at the previous year level due to the severe pressure on costs.
- The company successfully introduced the office automation range of products viz., plain paper copiers and Fax machines and supplied these products to some of the state Governments.
- Forfeiture of 500 shares annulled.
1995 - The Company launched a Rights issue, which met with a gratifying response.
- The Company has recently introduced advanced range of Document Binders and Postal Tariff Scales.
1996 - The Company has entered into a tie up with M/s Pitney Bowes Inc., USA, the world leader in Mailing System Products, service and technologies in September.
1997 - The Company has launched a wide range of other Pitney Bowes products and technologies with a view to offer viable mailing solutions to its valued customers and the Dept. of Posts.
- The Company tied-up with M/s. Mita Industrial Co. Ltd., Japan, the second largest manufacturer of Photo-Copiers in the world.
2000 - Shree Durga Agencial Ltd proposes to acquire 15,00,000 No. of equity shares of the company, there by enhancing its total holding to 20,96,925 No. of equity shares (34.95 per cent) and Salasar Industrial Services Ltd proposes to acquire 7,00,000 No. of equity shares (11.66 per cent) of the company.
- Issue of 24,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10/- each and 1,20,000 Cum.Red. preference shares of Rs 100/- each on preferential allotment basis.
- Acquires shares in KRL Finance & Investments and it has become a 100% subsidiary of the company.