1989 - Satnam Overseas Limted was incorporated on 26th July as a private Limited
company with the Registrar of companies Delhi and Harayana at New Delhi
under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 with the main object to manufacture and
export rice. It was converted into a public limited company on 9th December, 1992.
- Satnam Overseas Limited has beem promoted by the Arora family from Amritsar.
Sri Jugal Kishore Arora, Sri Satnam Arora and Sri Gurnam Arora are the main
promoters of the Company.
- The Company is an associate of the Satnam Overseas Group, which is known for its
present in Rice Trade since 1979.
1994 - The Company came out with a public issue of 40 lakhs Equity Shares of Rs.10/- each for
cash at a premium of Rs.7/- per share aggregating to Rs.680.00 lakhs in the month of
1995 - The Company has launched its premium quality branded pulses on the national level.
- The company issued 40,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a premium of Rs.7/-
per share during the year.
1997 - The company launched a new product - tea bags under the brand name of 'Viceroy'.
1998 - The Company has tied up with few big companies in different countries for Export of Rice,
Pulses and other products.
- The Company has bagged award from WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM in view of its
excellent contribution towards global growth.
- The Company allotted 56,00,000 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each fully paid-up by
way of Bonus Shares.
2000 - In a bid to boost basmati exports under its 'Kohinoor' brand, Satnam Overseas Ltd is
setting up a wholly-owned marketing subsidiary in the US.
- The company received the prestigious APEDA Award for the Ninth Year in succession
for the outstanding export performance during the year.
- The company has tied up with a multi-national Company in Saudi Arabia to market rice
under our own Brand in Saudi Market, which constitutes over 70% of the total Basmati
rice market of the world.
- The Company has entered into agreement with National Securities Depository Limited
and Central Depository Services (India) Limited to facilitate holding and Trading of shares
in electronic form.
-Satnam Overseas ties up with Amazon.com for rice trade
-Satnam Overseas Ltd - Set up a Frozen Food processing facility at Bahalgarh
- Company name has been changed from Satnam Overseas Ltd to Kohinoor Foods Ltd.
- Kohinoor Foods Limited has informed that M/s Nath Ahuja & Co., Chartered Accountants, has been appointed as Statutory Auditor of the Company by the Board of Directors in terms of Section 224(6) of the Companies Act 1956, in their meeting held on July 08, 2009.