|KHUSHI RAM BEHARI LAL LIMITED was started as a partnership
firm in the year 1988 - the partners being Mr. Anil K.
Mittal, Mr. Anoop K. Gupta and Mr. Arun K. Gupta under the
name and style M/s. K.B. Overseas. The partners of the
firm then promoted M/s. Khushi Ram Behari Lal Ltd. with the
intention to take over the operations and businesses of
the partnership firm with effect from April 1, 1993. The
Company, was incorporated on 30th March, 1993 and the
certificate of Commencement of Business was obtained on
26th April, 1993 from the Registrar of Companies, Delhi and
Haryana with the object to process paddy. All the balances
of the partnership firm as appearing in the books of
account as on 31.03.1993 were transferred in the company's
name at their book values.
The promoters of the company Shri. Anil K. Mittal, Shri.
Arun K. Gupta and Shri. Anoop K. Gupta hail from an old
business family engaged in the trading of agro products
since 1889 in Lyalpur (presently in Pakistan). After the
partition of the country and a split in the family, the
promoters of the company re-established themselves in Delhi
as commission agents and traders of various agro product.
Thereafter they started, merchant export of rice in the
partnership firms M/s. K.B. Overseas and M/s. Khushiram
Beharilal (Export Division). The manufacturing activity
i.e. processing of paddy were started in M/s. K.B.
Overseas from 1st March, 1992.
The company has been exporting its entire produce to
various buyers in Saudi Arabia. The export turnover of the
company has risen from Rs. 4.95 crores in 1992 to Rs. 24.46
crores for the year ended 31st March, 1994. The export
turnover of the group for the same period has risen from
Rs. 17.02 crores to Rs. 72.47 crores. The group has been
recognised by the APEDA with a merit certificate this year.
According to APEDA, the group is second in merit in terms
of rice export turnover.
MAIN OBJECTS OF THE COMPANY
The main objects of the Company as set out in the
Memorandum and Articles of Association, inter alia, are as
1. To separate husks from paddy or other products therefrom
of any description
2. To produce, purchase, sell, store or otherwise deal in
rice/paddy cereals, pulses and food grains of all kinds and
other allied produce.
3. To treat, cure, submit to any process of manufacture and
prepare for the market agricultural products of all kinds or
things whatsoever including dairy, piggery, farm and garden
produce of all kinds.
4. To carry on the business of bottlers, canners, packers,
preservers, co-opters, dehydrators, maltsters,
manufacturers, dealer and merchants of fruits, herbs,
vegetables, tonics, favoured drinks, nectars, fruit juices,
punches, vinegar, acetic acid, glucose, malts hops,
mustard, pickles, sauces, squashes, symps, essences,
aerated waters, grains, meal, yeast and deal in all others
such materials and things used in connection with any of the
5. To carry on the business of commission agents,
consultants, brokers, stockists, warehouse keepers,
importers, exporters, wholesellers or retailers of any or
all of the items as referred to in para (1) to (4) above.
SUBSIDIARY OF THE COMPANY
The Company does not have any subsidiary within the meaning
of Section 4, of the Companies' Act, 1856.
2000 - KRBL has launched its premium brand of basmati rice Doon.
2003-Saudi group to pick up 16.7% stake in KRBL.
-Board of Directors at its meeting held December 18, 2003 allotted 30,00,000 equity shares of Rs 10/- each at a premium of Rs 80/- per equity share on preferential basis.
-KRBL buys rice mill plant worth Rs 40 cr in Punjab
-KRBL Limited acquires an integrated rice milling plant in Dhuri, Punjab
-KRBL join hands with agro cos to offer FMS to farmers
-Krbl Limited has informed that "The Board of Directors of the Company has appointed Mr. Ashwani Dua and Mr. Shyam Arora as Additional Director of the Company".
- Krbl Limited has informed that Mr. Dhiraj Kumar Jaiswal has been appointed as Company Secretary w.e.f. January 30, 2009 in place of Mr. H. K. Agarwal. Further, he will also act as the Compliance Officer of the Company and necessary committees of the Board.
- The Company has given a purchase order to Suzlon Energy Ltd for the set up of 8.1 M.W Wind Turbine Generator(s) plant in the state of Tamilnadu (India)
- The Board has recommended dividend of Rs. 0.15 per share.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Re 1
- Board have recommended a final dividend of Re. 0.30 per share.
- Board has recommended a final dividend of Re. 0.30 per share of face value of Re. 1/- each.
- Mr. Raman Sapra has been appointed as Company Secretary.
- Mr. Dhiraj Kumar Jaiswal has been appointed as Compliance Officer of the compnay.
-The Board recommended a final dividend of Re. 0.80 per share of face value of Re. 1/- each.
-The Board appointed Mr.Devendra Kumar Agarwal as an Additional Director of the Company.
- MP Power Management Company and KRBL signs a deal in Bhopal for supplying 15 MW power to the state for a period of 25 years.
- - Tata Global Beverages adds a new tea to its Tata Tea portfolio Fusion
- Tata Global Beverages wins Telerik Sitefinity 2015 Website of the Year Award in ÂConsumer GoodsÂ Category