1992 - The Company was incorporated on 8th May, with the purpose of
implementing a 100% EOU project to manufacture pseudoephedrine
with an annual capacity of 60 TPA. It was promoted by Dr. R.T.
Ravi, a technocrat and his associates.
- The Company entered into an agreement for obtaining
technology/process known-how from CDRI and a technical know-how
fee of Rs 10 lakhs and a royalty of Rs 5 lakhs per year for 5
years from the date of commencement of commercial production was
payable to CDRI.
1994 - Drug licence was obtained in July and exports commenced.
- During March 1994, the Company and through a prospectus 3,800,300
No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each of which the following were
issued and allotted: (1) 800,300 shares to promoters, their
friends, (2) 500,000 shares to APIDC, (3) 450,000 shares to
Second India Investment Fund of ANZ Grindlays Bank. Of the
remaining, 200,000 shares issued to ICICI and balance 1,850,000
shares to the public.
1996 - The Operations were affected by cyclone with snapping ST power
lines, diesel storage etc.
- The Company undertook to set up a new project to produce
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) at a cost of Rs 26.50 crores at
Kolhapalli village, Kasimkota Mandal, Visakhapatanam, Andhra
- The Company proposed to issue 14,00,000 warrants to the core
promoter viz. Dr. R. T. Ravi and family and their
associates/nominees and M/s. Ganes Chemicals Inc., U.S.A. and/or
their nominees, subject to necessary approvals.
1997 - The new ETP facility at Regadichilak was commissioned at a cost
Rs 215 lakhs.
- Krebs Biochemicals Ltd. (KBL), which is setting up a new project
to produce monosodium glutamate (MSG) with an installed capacity
of 5,000 tonnes per annum at a capital outlay of Rs.26.50 crores.
1998 - The company began with an initial capacity of 100,000 tpa and
expanded it to 150,000 tpa in 1996.
- The company is of the view that the proposed MSG project would
now be economically unviable in view of the prevailing currency
crisis in the South-East Asian countries.
- KBL is currently setting up a 5,000 tonnes per annum MSG project
at a cost of Rs.26.5 crores.
1999 - KREBS Biochemicals Ltd (KBL) has registered a fall both in
sales turnover and post-tax profit for the year ended March 31,
-Krebs Biochemicals have recommended dividend @ 75%
-Krebs receives FDA approval for two drugs
-Krebs Biochemicals receives approval for 3 APIs
-KBC & ASL in pact withWest Godavari Cooperative Sugar Factory Ltd
-Krebs Biochemicals takes over Possession of Assets of Sugar Mill in Jampani, AP
-The company has recommended dividend @ 30%
-Krebs Biochemicals has designed E-mail ID for Investor Complaints:
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted to 8-2-277/A, Plot No.130 , 4A, 4th Floor, Inwinex Towers, Road no.2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500034
-Transfer agents of the Company has been changed from "Sathguru Management Consultants Pvt. Ltd" to "Karvy Computershare Pvt. Ltd".
-Mr. R.Ch. Satyanarayana has been appointed as Independent Director on the Board.
- The company has shifted its registered office from Plot No.34, 8-2-577/B, 3rd Floor, Maas Heights, Road No.8, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana- 500034 to Kothapalli Village, Kasimkota Mandal, Anakapalli, Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh- 531031,â the company said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.