- On 7th February, the Company was incorporated. Larsen & Toubro carries on business as civil mechanical electrical chemical & Agricultural engineers as manufacturers as importers & exporters & as contractors. The Company represents a large number of overseas
manufactures, notably manufacturers of tractors, agricultural machinery, dairy machinery, film cooling towers and general industrial and engineering plants and coal mining machinery.
- With effect from 1st Oct., Alu Capsules Ltd & India, Crown Cork, Co. Ltd, both wholly owned subsidiaries were amalgamated with the company. And a new division was formed like Bottle Closure Division.
- During the year, the company commissioned a plant at Bangalore for the manufacture of multipurpose hydraulic excavators and high pressure hydraulic system in collaboration with Poclain, S.A. France.
- During the year Faridabad Factory become operative and commenced the manufacture of switchboards.
- With effect from 1st April, Wilcox Buckwell India, Ltd another subsidiary, was merged with the company.
- Utkal Machinery Ltd was amalgamated with the company with effect from 1st April.
- During the year, the company signed an agreement with Hong kong ship-owners for the purchase of two bulk carriers of 27,000 DWT capacity each built in Japan at a contractual price of U.S $ 18.3 million each.
- During the year company made a right issue of 13.5% convertible debentures of Rs.100 each for Rs.6 crores.
- The Company's subsidiary Engineering Construction Corporation, Ltd was merged with the company with effect from 1st Oct.
- During the year, the company established a cement plant with an installed capacity 1 million tonnes per annum in Chandrapur district in Maharashtra and commenced commercial production of cement.
- During the year, the company signed collaboration agreement with Y.E Data, Japan for floppy disc drives, with honeywell information systems, India for dot matrix printers and with Jeumont Schneider, France for electronic PABX. Another collaboration agreement was signed with
potain Poclain Material, France for manufacture of mobile cranes at Kansbahal works. The company also signed collaboration agreement with Oesterreichische Doka Schalungs-und Geruestungstechnik GmbH, Austria for farmwork systems used in the construction industry.
- During the year, the company issued 55,00,000 -15% non convertible debentures of Rs.100 each for an aggregate amount of Rs.55 crores.
- During the year, the Company manufactured and delivered two-end shields for Kakrapara Atomic Power Project.
- During the year, the company commissioned a new factory in Hebbal Industrial Estate near Mysore in Karnataka for the manufacture of computer peripherals such as dot matrix printers and floppy disc drives.
- During, the company diversified into the field of 400 KV transmission lines.
- During the year company entered into collaboration agreements with Sundstrand Sauer, USA for the manufacture of axial piston units, with case vibromax, W. Germany for manufacture of vibratory compactors and with JI Case, USA, for the manufacture of wheel loaders. Also a
memorandum of understanding was signed between the company and Colas S.A of France for setting up a joint venture company for production of asphalt emulsion.
- A new project was commissioned at Mysore in Karnataka for the manufacture of medical electronics products. During the year the Company received industrial licences for the manufacture of ship auxiliaries and components of mechanised sailing vessels and rail track
laying, track maintenance and renewal equipment.
- During the year the company entered into a technical collaboration agreement with MPSI of USA for the manufacture of ring hammer mills and rotary breakers required for sizing of coal.
- During the year company issued 30,000 - 13.5% debentures of Rs.1000 each to financial institutions with an option for conversion into equity shares of the company.
- During March-April, the company issued 63,78,750-12.5% FCDs of 125 each of which 60,75,000 debentures were issued as rights to the equity shareholders and 3,03,750 debentures to the employees on equitable basis.
- During September, the company issued 275,63,215, 12.5% FCD of aggregate value of Rs.820 crores.
- During, the company entered into an agreement to take over the tractor unit of Kirloskar Pneumatic Co. Ltd.
- During the year company completed construction of 200 flats for Sai Central Trust, Puttaparthy. The company also commissioned a sponge iron plant of 8,80,000 tonnes per annum capacity for Essar Steel at Hazira.
- During the year following foreign collaboration agreements were entered into 1. With mannesmann Anlagenbau, Germany to bring in the latest technology in ash handling at coal-based thermal power plants, 2. With AFE Displays Ltd., UK for supervisory colour graphics
controller, 3. With Western Digital Corporation, USA., for hard disk drives and 4. With Y-E Data Inc., Japan for 3.5'' floppy disk drives.
- During the year a major contract was signed for augmentation of the Trisuli Hydro Power Project in Nepal.
- A carbonate condenser for IFFCO, Kalol was manufactured to Stami Carbon Process for the first time with the stringent requirements of ultrasonic testing for each tube-to-tube sheet joint. The company also developed ethylene oxide reactor for SM Dyechem.
- During the year Co. developed public switching system with a capacity upto 10,000 lines and 2GH2 microwave transmission equipment of 30- channel and 120 -channel capacity and they were installed for field evaluation by the Department of Telecommunications.
- L&T - Gould Ltd. was amalgamated with the Company effective from 1st January. During the year a new model 90 CK -111 was launched. A methanol cometics for Deepak Fertilizers and test separation for ONGC platform were delivered. A pair of endshields was also fabricated and supplied for the 235 MW Karga Atomic power project. Also the company commissioned the Max-L telephone exchange of 2000 lines extendible upto 1,10,000 lines at Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
- During the year, EWAC Alloys Ltd., on issuing further shares to collaborators and increasing their holdings to 50% ceased to be a subsidiary of the company.
- During November, the company offered 80,83,832 GDR shares at a issue price of US $ 8.35 per GDR representing shares 161,67,664 equity shares at a price equivalent to 262 (at an exchange rate of Rs.31.37=US $ 1.). All the GDR were fully subscribed. The Company along with Energy Alternatives Inc., U.S.A signed a MOU with SAIL for promoting & developing 2 x 250 MW Coal based power plant at Bhilai in M.P.
- During the year, the company along with Energy alternative Inc. U S A., signed a MOU with SAIL for promoting & developing 2 x 250 MW Coal based power plant at Bhilani in MP. Also the company tied up with Sargent & Lundy U S A., to offer EPC service for thermal power projects
and also to form a joint venture engineering company. This joint venture would offer engineering services to power projects in India and abroad.
- During the year an international scale glass container plant employing the state-of-the art technology was being set up in technical collaboration with Vetropack, Switzerland. During the same year, the company signed of memorandum of intent with Samsung Electronics Co.
Ltd. of South Korea to form a joint venture for the manufacture and marketing of a vide spectrum of telecom products including large switches, transmission products, paging systems and PABX. Also signed an MoU with Orissa govt. for setting up a integrated steel plant at
- During the year a new cement plant at Kovaya in Gujarat with annual capacity of 15 lakh tonnes was commissioned.
- During the year, the Company has two subsidiary companies namely, L&T-McNeil Limited and L & T Finance Limited, and seven associate companies namely, Audco India Limited, Ewac Alloys Limited, Tractor Engineers Limited, L&T- Niro Limited, L&T-Chiyoda Limited, L&T-Sargent & Lundy Limited and Larsen & Toubro (Oman).
- The Company is also putting up captive power plants at Awarpur and Gujarat so as to ensure continuous availability of equity power at reasonable cost.
- The Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Employees Association has launched an indefinite strike from January 21 protesting against the alleged harassment and victimisation of workers by the management, even as the management termed the strike illegal and contended that it had only
initiated disciplinary action against some employees for misconduct and non-performance.
- L&T-McNeil Limited, a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, has been awarded the All India Special Shield for 1995-96 in the category of non-SSI New Product Exporters by the Engineering Export Promotion Council.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won the Golden Peacock National Quality Award 1996 and for the year 1997 instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD), New Delhi.
- The private sector giant Larsen and Toubro (L&T) will introduce 300 varieties of computerised ready mix concrete for the first time in the country so as to develop a new concept in the building industry.
- The Engineering and Construction conglomerate, Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), has been selected by Indian Institute of Bridge Engineers to receive the Most Outstanding Bridge National Award - 1996. The company has built 460-metre long flyover bridge at Evarard Nagar,
Wadala, Mumbai, which has been chosen for the award for its excellent aesthetics and blending with the environment.
- The equity shares of Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Dabur India Ltd., Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd., Jindal Vijayanagar Steel Ltd. and Jindal Iron & Steel Ltd have been admitted for dematerialisation.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L & T) has been marketing the world class range of fax machines from Canon in India. It has added a high-quality laser plain-paper fax machine, model L300, to the existing range.
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro has been awarded the 115 MW ISO capacity captive power project of Haldia Petrochemicals in West Bengal as an independent power producer.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has entered into a 50:50 joint-venture with Komatsu, Japan, to manufacture hydraulic excavators and components.
- L&T has received a letter of award for setting up a combined cycle co-generation power plant for Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd (HPL) on a build-own-operate basis.
- Under a memorandum of agreement signed between Larsen and Toubro Ltd and Japan's Komatsu Ltd, the two engineering companies have decided to form an alliance in the construction equipment business in India and its neighbouring countries.
- Larsen and Toubro Limited (L&T) has been awarded a railway electrification contract for the Vallathol Nagar Ernakulam section in Kerala.
- The joint venture has been set up for the manufacture of earthmoving equipment and has a paid-up share capital. Both L&T and Komatsu are chipping in with 50 per cent each of the equity base.
- Diversified industrial giant, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has entered into a joint venture with Dear and Co., a leading international agricultural machines company, to manufacture tractors.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged two national awards for excellence in construction from the Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (ACCE) for 1998. The ACCE-Sarvamangala Award was given in recognition of the work done by L&T in constructing the Sree Kanteerava
Indoor Stadium in Bangalore, while the ACCE-Billimoria Award in the high-rise buildings category was given for the international technopark, also in Bangalore.
- Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) has been conferred the Indian Chemical Manufacturers Association (Icma) award for excellence in chemical plant design and engineering for 1997.
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro has bagged the EPC contract for the Rs 135 crore captive power plant being set up by Usha Martin Industries, currently known as Usha Beltron, of the Jhawars.
- The promoters of HPL Cogeneration, a joint venture between Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd (HPL), have converted their loans into equity shares. As a result of the conversion, which was done at a part value of Rs 10 per share, the company's equity capital has jumped from Rs 5 crore to Rs 122 crore.
- Cement giants Larsen & Tubro (L&T) and Gujarat Ambuja Cements have entered a unique agreement to reduce transportation costs in despatching bulk cement in Gujarat.
- Crisil has assigned the highest safety rating to engineering and construction major the company's Rs 100 crore debenture issue.
- The Company its Nashik Glass Work, an accidental leakage of molten glass from furnace took place on 12th March.
- Larsen and Toubro announced a "strategic partnership" with SAP India.
- The Company is to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary -- `L&T Capital Company Ltd' -- to focus on business opportunities in the capital market.
- L&T has formed a new company, L&T Equipment Leasing Co. Ltd., to which will be transferred the construction equipment owned by ECC-operating division.
- L&T Information Technology Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Larsen and Toubro Ltd., has been awarded the National Export Award for 1998-99.
- Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has floated a 26:74 joint venture with Japanese major Sharp Corporation which will absorb the company's existing distribution business of electronics office equipment.
- The Company is offering a 5-year NCD issue at 11.25 per cent to mop up Rs 50 crore with a green-shoe of Rs 25 crore.
- L&T has launched its slag cement under the brand name S-53 in Bellary district of Karnataka and a few districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Company has extended its employees stock option plan to cover 500 employees all in the senior management cadre.
- Larsen & Toubro's construction division has been awarded a contract for building two stadia in Quatar.
- Larsen and Toubro launched the second phase of HITEC city.
- The Company will increase its cement capacity by 2 million tonne to 16 million tonne, facilitated by a one million tonne grinding unit in West Bengal.
- The Company will set up a private market for its engineering, procurement and construction business.
- The Company, India's largest cement producer with an installed capacity of over 14 million tonne, is setting up a 1mt grinding unit at Durgapur in West Bengal.
- The Company will hive off its cement business by March.
- Larsen & Toubro has appointed investment bankers J P Morgan and DSP Merill Lynch to advise them on the proposed demerger of its cement division.
- The Company has appointed Vijay Kumar Magapu as a successor to Achyut S Godbole, the outgoing CEO of its IT arm L&T Information Technology.
- Sharp Business Systems (India) Ltd. the joint venture between Sharp Corporation and Larsen & Toubro, has launched its inkjet printers in India.
- Larsen & Toubro is set to replace the Associated Cement Companies in setting up a one million tonne grinding unit in Jindal Vijaynagar Steel complex.
- The Company and Gas Authority of India have agreed to collaborate in research and development, new technologies, liquefied gas plants and terminals, pipelines, petro-chemicals, power and telcommunications areas.
- Larsen & Toubro has commissioned its new cement plant at Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu on December 13.
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro and German firm Demang Ergotech will form a 50:50 joint venture company to make injection moulding machines at the former's manufacturing facility in Chennai.
- The Company has informed BSE that the company has entered into a joint venture with Demag Ergotech of Germany.
- Larsen & Toubro has formed a separate company L&T EMSYS (L&T Embedded Systems) for embedded software development.
- The Company commissioned its cement grinding plant of 1 million tonne capacity at Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu in December 2000.
- L&T-DEMAG Plastics Machinery Pvt. Ltd. hte new joint venture between Larsen & Toubro Ltd and Demag Ergotech of Germany, has commenced operations.
- L&T Information Technology Ltd a subsidiary of Larsen & Turbro Ltd, and Sun Microsystems Pvt. Ltd. have signed a memorandum of understanding to jointly offer e-business solutions to their customers.
- L&T Information Technology, a fully-owned subsidiary of Indian's leading engineering company Larsen and Turbo, may set up a software development center in Orissa's capital.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has signed two contracts with Larsen & Toubro for the construction of two major bridges on Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam section of NH 5 in Andhra Pradesh.
- Larsen & Toubro has successfully closed an $104-million syndicated term-loan facility. The initial borrower is L&T, but the loan would get transferred to the cement company as and when the demerger of its cement business was completed,
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged the Rs 121.5-crore contract to construct a 36.89-km stretch of the National Highway Four between Kanchipuram and Walajahpet along the Chennai-Bangalore highway.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has introduced its third voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for unionised employees, applicable specifically to those below the managerial level. Staff costs for the just concluded fiscal stood at Rs 587.95 crore for the company.
- The joint venture between Larsen & Toubro and Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd of Cyprus has bagged the six-lane highway project between Jaipur and Kishangarh on NH-8 in Rajasthan which is estimated to cost around Rs 673 crore.
-Buys over the shareholding of Caterpillar, USA, in its joint venture Tractor Engineers Ltd. (TENGL), makes it wholly owned subsidiary
-Submits end shield to National Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL) for the first time in the country
-Gets `European Standard CEM I 42.5R' accreditation for its Gujarat cement works
-Financial Institutions stake increases in L&T to 37%
-Grasim Industries and Larsen & Toubro together set up a task force for logistics, promotion and procurement of raw materials
-Steps into Chinese market with medical equipment business
-Exits from its internet trading business
-Receives clearance from the Tamil Nadu govt. for its revised toll proposal for the Coimbatore bypass project
-Gets Rs 37.53 cr contract from Northern Railway
-Grasim Industries hikes its holding further in Larsen & Toubro (L&T) to 13 per cent
-Mops up 3-month money at 6.55%
-IL&FS and L&T tie up for joint development of infrastructure projects
-Implements compulsory retirement scheme across all its facilities in the country
-Places Rs 50 crore of five-year debentures with ICICI Securities and Finance (I-Sec) in a unique deal.The instrument, named rating contingent debenture (RCD), is the first of its kind in the Indian debt market
-Closes down the loss-making subsidiary, Narmada Cement's grinding unit at Magdalla in Gujarat, citing adverse market conditions
-L&T Infotech opens IBM centre
-Opts for out of court settlement with three advertising agencies Prime Displays, Everest and Abiz over the dispute of non-payment of Rs 20 crore dues
-Builds Rs 450-cr large hydrogen unit and refinery offsites and utilities project for IOC at Barauni
-Receives prestigious contract to build an eight tower hotel-cum-residential complex in Dubai's upmarket Sheikh Zayed Road
-Raises Rs 65 crore through 10 year secured bonds
-L&T, Shapoorji Pallonji form joint venture to take up Cyber Tower project in Mauritius
-Bags Rs 5810 million turnkey refinery order from IOC
-Grasim Industries hikes stake in L&T to 14.15% from 13%
-Bags two engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contracts from Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) for revamp of Sulphur Recovery units at their refineries at Shuaiba and Mina Abdullah in Kuwait
-Bags a contract worth of $23 million (over Rs 100 crore) from Lafarge Surma Cement, Bangladesh, for the construction of a 17-km-long cross-national belt conveyor
-Wins two large World Bank financed lumpsum turnkey contracts having a total order of approx. $100 million form Songas Ltd, Tanzania
-Cyber Towers and Cyber Gateway - L&T Infocity engages Singapore-based $700 million Ascendas Pte Ltd to commission a Rs 180 crore-mega IT complex called 'Cyber Pearl' in Hitech City near Hyderabad
-Gets contract for constructing the longest flyover in New Delhi
-Gets award from International Federation for Structural Concrete
-Hiked its capacity to 16.5 million tonnes thus gaining its position as the largest cement company in India, overtaking the capacity of The Associated Cement Companies (ACC)
-Forges an alliance with Australian firm JV International Pty Ltd to set up a project in Pondicherry to manufacture steel door and window frames
-LIC increases its stake in the company to 18.5% from 17.42%
-Grasim Industries sends legal notice, challenging Larsen & Toubro's attempt to demerge the cement business into a separate company
-Bags $32.50 million order from Oman India Fertiliser Project
-Bags Indian Oil Contract to Build Panipat PTA Plant
-Wins Rs 2690 million IBRD-funded road project in Karnataka
-Revamps Engineering Division, splits it into four divisions (Buildings & Factories, Civil Infrastructure, Industrial Projects & Electricals)
-Obtains four licences, issued by the central government, for design, manufacture and assembly of warships, submarines and weapon platforms, radar and sonar systems and electronic warfare equipment and systems sensors, weapon launchers and armaments including missiles and rockets. Besides, the company also receives the governmentÂs nod for design and development of sophisticated armoured and other combat vehicles and bridge-laying systems on tanks
-Ties up $50m loan with IFC for financial restructuring
-Signs tie-up with Kobe for Hydraulic Tyre Curing Presses
-Becomes the first company in the Asian region to be selected for undertaking infrastructure related work in Iraq by the United States aid agencies
-L&T ECC completes electrification of Bihar rail project
-Lafarge S.A, the French company, mandates Larsen and Toubro the EPC contract for constructing a 1.2 million tonnes per annum cement plant in Bangladesh
-L&T and Thames Water (UK) in a 70:30 joint venture, have bagged a prestigious contract for "The Leakage Reduction Control & Water Rehabilitation Work"
-Approves plan to demerge its cement business into a separate subsidiary and cede management control to Aditya Birla group flagship Grasim Industries, ending an eight-month tussle over IndiaÂs largest cement company
-Enters into an agreement with International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of World Bank Group, for a long term loan of US $50 million
-Gets contract for curtailment of leakage worth Rs 50 cr from BWSSB
-Increases its stake in its Oman subsidiary Larsen & Toubro Oman LLC to 65 per cent from 49 per cent via the acquisition of 1.1 lakh shares
-Ties up with European companies for its Electrical Standard Products (ESP) business in Europe
-Henning Holck-Larsen, 96, co-founder and chairman emeritus of India's largest engineering and construction conglomerate Larsen & Toubro Ltd, passed away in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, at 1.10 pm on July 27
-Bags a Rs 420 million order to build a flyover in Oman
-L&T Infotech, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, has bagged a $75m order from US telecom giant Motorola for SAP implementation and mainframes
-Forays into China by inducting a representative in China to supply critical modular equipment for various projects
-Enters into an agreement with Citibank NA, New York offering the issuance of Global Depository Shares
-Sets up a trust to acquire the holdings of Grasim Industries in the company
-Bags Motorola contract worth $100m for SAP implementation and mainframes
-The company has shut down its packaging business as part of a portfolio restructuring.
-Tied up to finance jointly with the union bank of india for its tractors to the farmers
-Picks up 30% stake in newly formed NAC Infrastructure Equipment (NACIEL)
-Gets order from Shell Hazira Gas to develop Liquid natural gas
-L&T bags Rs 9210 million mega order for country's largest hydel project
-L&T bags Rs 7000 million Power Plant Order
-L&T Board approves disposal of Glass Business
-L&T secures Rs 700 cr power plant order from GMR group
-L&T-John Deere sign MoU with SBM for tractor financing
-L&T bags an order worth $30-m in UAE
-L&T receives Rs.1370 mn order for Nuclear Power Plant Equipment
-Centre grants licence to L&T to make submarines
-L&T bags commendation award
-L&T-John Deere join hands with BoI for tractor finance
-Larsen & Toubro CMD gets corporate leadership award
-Mops up Rs 225 crore by privately placing bonds with banks, mutual funds and a primary dealer
-Wins a contract worth Rs 70 crore for construction of a 15-storied hotel and service apartments for the Radissons Group, making its entry into Bahrain
--Bank of Baroda signed a memorandum of understanding with L&T John Deere Pvt Ltd to prop up farm sector lending.
-L&T with EIL inks pact with IOC for Iran pipeline project
-L&T Ties Up with US Cardiac Equipment Major Zoll Medical Corporation, USA
-Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won a contract for coal gasification equipment from China valued at Rs 95 crore
-Cement division demerged, new company carved out in the name of Ultra Tech CemCo, Grasim Industries Ltd. takes majority control in Ultra Tech CemCo
-Engineering major Larsen & Toubro Ltd. has won an order worth $52.5 million from the United Arab Emirates to develop a platform in an oil field in the Gulf
-Launches new 35 HP tractor
-L&T and BEL join hands to develop radar for Army
-Tata Steel and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) signs definitive agreement to form a 50:50 joint venture for setting up a port at Dhamra in Orissa on October 29,2004
-L&T join hands with Dubal to set up alumina plant
- L&T John Deere Private Ltd launches 40 HP tractor 5103 models on January 8, 2005,
-L&T join hands with Dubal to set up Rs 50000 mn alumina refinery plant
-L&T bags Rs 1650 mn order for Water Supply System to Greater Bangalore
-L&T exits Tractor Business
-L&T secures Rs 4950 mn contract for new Hyderabad Airport
-L&T receives contracts from Dubai-based firm
-L&T enters into MoU with DSL, Nashik for a merger of DSL with the Company under a scheme to be approved by BIFR
-L&T bags a Rs 440-crore order from Zadeko Ship Management CV
-L&T inks Joint Venture in Kuwait to expand construction prospects in Gulf
-L&T Wins Rs 7500 mn BOT Highway Contract in Gujarat
-Mumbai: Larsen & Toubro has forged technological alliance with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries for manufacture of equipment for mega power projects being planned in the country.
-L&T Wins Rs 5400 crore Delhi Airport Contract.
-Larsen & Toubro has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-The Boeing Company on February 08, 2007 has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Larsen & Toubro Ltd , for the joint exploration of business opportunities in India's defense sector.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) have signed on February 15, 2007, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Dassault SystÃ¨mes (DS), which has head offices in France.
-Larsen & Toubro (L&T) will set up joint ventures with Japan's Toshiba Corp and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) to commission manufacturing facilities for super-critical turbines and boilers, which are used in coal-fired power generation plants.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has announced that the Company has bagged two orders valued at Rs 412 crores.
- L&T bags Rs 877 crore ONGC order.
- L&T bags Rs 114 crore order from SAIL.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 03, 2007, has appointed Mr. Subodh Bhargava as an Additional Director of the Company.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 19, 2007, has appointed Mrs. Bhagyam Ramani as a Nominee Director of the Company representing equity interest of General Insurance Corporation of India with effect from July 19, 2007 in the vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr. B P Deshmukh.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) has won a repeat order valued at over $70 million for construction of two ships from RollDock BV of Netherlands.The vessels will be built at the existing shipyard that is a part of the engineering complex at Hazira, Surat.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) & Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd ("MHI") have inked a Joint Venture Agreement for setting up a manufacturing facility to supply super-critical Steam Turbine & Generator facility in India.
- Larsen & Toubro said that its electrical and electronics division has got Rs 74.7-crore contract from the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation for a SCADA system for onshore control centres (OCC).
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has appointed Mr. A K Jain has as an Additional Director representing equity interest of the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI) with effect from May 29, 2008.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd has secured a Rs 1,557-crore order for supply of a steam turbine generator of 2 x 800 MW to Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station at Krishnapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Larsen & Toubro has received a Rs 2,000-crore order from GMR Energy for commissioning a 2x384 MW gas-based power plant at Vemagiri near Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
- Larsen & Toubro's buildings and factories operating company, part of its construction division, has bagged new orders aggregating Rs. 1513 crore for the construction of high rise tower, luxury hotel, hospital and factory building projects from DB Hospitality, ITC group, NBCC and Arshiya International.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured the BoP contract valued at Rs 1635.30 crore from Madhya Pradesh Power Generation Co. Ltd, (MPPGCL) for 2 x 600 MW MALWA Coal Fired Power Plant, The project was won against stiff competition from domestic BoP bidders.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) is readying to cash in on the sunrise sector-nuclear power as L&T will team up with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to make parts for atomic units.
- Larsen & Toubro's (L&T) Infrastructure Operating Company - a part of its Construction Division (ECC), has secured one of the single largest construction orders in India's Nuclear Power sector by winning a contract valued at Rs. 844 Crores from Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) for construction of the Main Plant Civil works of Reactor 3&4 at Kakrapar Atomic Power Project, Tapi (Gujarat).
- Larsen & Toubro has secured orders worth Rs. 581 crore from Powergen Infrastructure and Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board during the third quarter of 2009-10. According to a release, the projects will be executed by the metallurgical, material handling and water operating company of L&T construction division.
- Larsen & Toubro's Buildings and Factories Operating Company, part of its construction division, has bagged new orders aggregating Rs. 2,325 crore during Q3 2009-10 for constructing of residential towers, hospital, exhibition centre, IT Park and factory building projects.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T), engineering major, on March 17 said it has bagged a project worth Rs 1,013 crore from Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).The company has bagged the contract for four well platforms for the Mumbai High North Re-development Project.
- Larsen & Toubro's (L&T) Buildings & Factories Operating Company - part of its Construction Division - has bagged new orders aggregating Rs.1500 crores recently for the construction of hospitals, residential towers and factory buildings.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged a contract for the designing and construction of 36 high speed interceptor boats worth Rs.970 crore for the Indian Coast Guard.
- Larsen & Toubro yesterday bagged orders valued at Rs 1,500 crore from various vendors in order to construct hospitals as well as residential towers and factories.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) and Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for cooperation to effectively address the projected need for light water reactors (LWR) in India and internationally.
- Larsen & Toubro has won a critical offshore platform contract from Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) valued at Rs. 1,060. Besides the use of exotic materials to cater to demanding requirements, L&T will be responsible for several novel aspects in the survey, engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of the wellhead platform.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated June 22, 2010 titled "L&T bags Rs. 827 Crore Orders for Thermal Power Plant Construction".
- Larsen and ToubroÂs (L&T) Thermal Power Plant Construction (TPPC) Business Unit has bagged two orders worth Rs 827 crore. The company bagged one order from GVK Power for their Gautami Combined Cycle Power Plant Expansion and one from SEPCO-I for Talwandi Sabo Power Plant in Punjab.
- L&T has bagged an important offshore rig refurbishment contract from ONGC and the order is valued at Rs 376 crore ($83 million).
- The Andhra Pradesh government today decided to award the Rs 12,132 crore Hyderabad Metro Rail Project to Larsen and Toubro Limited (L&T), which emerged as the lowest bidder.
- Larsen and Turbo (L&T) has bagged 2 projects worth Rs 1,195 crore from ONGC.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd wins INR 1,610 Cr order from Visa Power Ltd. for 1200 MW Power Plant.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd bags INR 700 Cr Orders from Water & Material Handling Sectors.
- Larsen & Toubro has bagged a Rs.1,610-crore order from Visa Power, a Visa Steel Group company, for its 2x600 MW power plant being set up in Chhattisgarh.
- L&T - L&T Bags Rs. 1103 Crore Orders in Railway Sector
- L&T - L&T bags New Orders worth Rs. 1181 Cr in Buildings & Factories IC
- L&T - L&T MHI JV Inaugurates Twin Facilities for Power Equipment Manufacture at Hazira, Surat
- L&T signed an MoU to invest Rs 15,000 crore in Gujarat in infrastructure projects
- L&T - L&T and Kobe Steel signed Joint Venture for Tyre & Rubber Industry Equipment
- L&T - Larsen & Toubro and CASSIDIAN join forces in India to forge a long term partnership
- L&T bags over Rs 1100 cr Energy project
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new scheme named as L&T FMP â III (April 180D A).
- L&T - L&T bags Gas Based Power Plant EPC Order from PPN Power
- Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro said it has bagged new orders worth over Rs 2,056 crore across various business segments during December 2011.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said that it has bagged Rs 1,937 crore order for 4-laning of a major portion of Shivpuri-Dewas section of NH-3 in Madhya Pradesh from GVK Group.
- L&T - L&T Construction Bags Orders Valued Rs. 1880 crore
- L&T - L&T Construction Bags Orders Valued Rs. 1306 Crore
- Engineering and construction giant Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said that its financial arm L&T Finance Holdings Limited (LTFH) has entered into the housing finance business by acquiring Indo Pacific Housing Finance Ltd (IPHF), a small sized housing finance company.
- L&T - "L&T Construction bags Order Worth Rs. 1700 Cr
- Larsen &Toubro (L&T) and Samsung Techwin have joined hands to cooperate in the Indian Armyâs Tracked Self Propelled Artillery programme.
- L&T and Nexter Systems join hands for Indian army artillery programme
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new close ended income scheme named L&T FMP â VI (April90D A) with maturity time of 90 days.
- L&T Joint Venture firm bags contract from Sadara Chemical Company
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new close ended income scheme named L&T FMP â VI (May91D A) with maturity time of 91 days.
- L&T - L&T Construction Secures Orders Valued Over Rs 2592 Crore
- L&T - L&T Construction Secures Orders Valued over Rs. 2040 Crore
- L&T & Its construction arm bags new orders worth Rs 2008 cr
- L&T - L&T Wins Rs. 749 Crore Contract from ONGC for 4 Wellhead Platforms
- L&T - L&T Wins Prestigious Order for Manufacture of Cryostat for International Fusion Energy Project
- L&T - L&T led Joint Venture wins Rs. 1252 Cr Delhi Metro Contract
- Larsen & Toubro bags $250mn EPC contract in Ras Laffan, Qatar
L&T bags Rs 781 cr contract from ONGC
-L&T Among IndiaÂs Top 5 Most Respected Companies - Businessworld
-L&T Scores High in Global 500 Climate Change Report 2013
-Finance Minister Presents L&T The Economic Times Good Corporate Citizen Award
- L&T Completes Acquisition of Audco India Ltd
-L&T IDPL bags Rs. 1293 crore road project in Odisha
-L&T Group Company Wins Saudi Aramco Contract
-Larsen & Toubro has announces bonus in the ratio of 1:2
-L&T Ranked AsiaÂs 2nd Most Sustainable Company in Industrial Sector
-L&T Technology Services Wins Frost & Sullivan Excellence Award
-L&T Wins Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance
-L&T Power Wins National Energy Conservation Award
-L&T Wins ICICI Foundation-CNBC TV 18 ÂInclusive IndiaÂ Award
-L&T Construction Wins Rs.1630 Crores Expressway Project in Uttar Pradesh
- L & T Bags USD 480 Million EPC orders in Bangladesh for Two Gas Based
-L&T Wins Saudi Aramco Contract
-L&T Wins Rs 5100 Crore Supercritical Power Plant Order from MP State Utility
-L&T Construction Wins Rs. 4510 Crs Doha Metro Project
-L&T Wins Golden Peacock Award for Risk ManagementÂ for 2015
-L&T Award for Excellence in Power Project Execution from the Central Board
-Good Corporate Citizen Award
-L&T Construction Commissions India's first 765kV Gas Insulated Substation
-L&T secures Rs 5,580 cr power plant order from NTPC
-L&T Signs MoU with AREVA for Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project
-L&T opens new service centre in Nagpur
-L&T Construction Wins Orders Valued Rs. 2871 Crores
-L&T ties up with McDermott Intl for Emerging Deepwater Market in India
-L&T Construction bags orders worth Rs 2213 crores
-L&T bags order worth Rs 3205 cr across various businesses
-L&T signs contract to build stadium in Qatar for FIFA World Cup
-L&T gains on bagging Rs 2,416 cr construction orders
-L&T achieves synchronization of power project
-L&T signs agreement with Chiyoda Corporation
-L&T Technology Services is IACC ÂCompany of the YearÂ
-L&T Construction Signs Contract with Maharashtra Government for Nagpur Smart City Project
-L&T Construction wins a Major Railway Order valued Rs. 3799 Crores
-L&T Bags Major Order from Vietnam Border Guard for High Speed Patrol Vessels
-L&T JV Wins Rs. 3115 Cr Bihar New Ganga Bridge Project