1976 - The company was incorporated on 29th December as a private
Limited Company and Converted into a Public Limited company on
19th December, 1985.
- The company alongwith Gujarat Industrial Investment Corporation
Limited promoted a new company, Gujarat Lyka Organics Limited, at
Ankleshwar in Gujarat for the manufacture of Semi-Synthetic
1993 - The Company proposed to offer 20,60,000 No. of Equity Shares of
Rs. 10/- each at an issue price not exceeding Rs. 35/- per share
on the basis of one Equity Share for every two Equity Shares.
1994 - The company is negtiating tieup arrangements with internationally
reputed manufactureres for marketing and manufacturing its
products in India.
1995 - Government of India has selected the Company for the award of the
Certificate of Merit for the excellent export performance during
1993-94. Further CHEMEXCIL has also selected the Company for the
SECOND AWARD for outstanding export performance during 1993-94.
- The Company has commenced production at its new formulation plant
at Tarapur, have been designed with state-of-the-art technology
to meet with the International Standards of Good Manufacturing
Practices and with Total Quality Management Systems (TOM).
- The Company has also set up additional manufacturing facility for
ointment at Ankleshwar
- Lyka Exports Limited became a subsidiary of the Company.
- The Company allotted 1,50,000 Equity Shares to Foreign
Institutional Investors on private placement basis and 40,000
Equity Shares to the Promoters.
1997 - The Company during the period has allotted 5,65,000 Secured
Redeemable Non-Convertible Debentures of Rs.100/- each
aggregating to Rs.5.65 crores.
- Lyka Labs Limited has entered into the marketing of skin cream
which is used to treat dry skin conditions.
- The company has recently launched a rubefacient, too.
1998 - The Company's Administrative Office and Corporate Quality
Assurance at Mumbai and Plant at Tarapur has been awarded ISO
9002 Certification for its Quality Management System by SGS
Yarsley International Certification Services Limited, U.K.
1999 - Lyka Labs has launched a product-rationalisation exercise to
exit cardiovasculars which is a non-focus area, sources opine.
- The company recently launched dermatological skin ointment
2000 - The Company to issue on preferential basis 30,00,000 No. of
equity shares of Rs. 10/- each on preferential allotment to
-Entered into an agreement with BDR Pharmaceuticals International to form a 50:50 joint venture. The new company will be focussed on enhancing Lyka's export business to developed and developing countries, which at present being handled by Lyka.
-Lyka Labs marketing tie-up with Bio X-Healthcare
-Lyka Labs Ltd has informed that the Company has decided to dis-invest its holding in its subsidary, Lyka Exports Ltd. In view of this, Lyka Exports Ltd. will cease to be its subsidary.
-Lyka Labs launches BIOXTRA Toothpaste & Gel
-Clearwater Capital Partners Limited joined hands with Lyka Labs Ltd
-Lyka Labs Ltd has informed that Lyka Labs Ltd has changed the Registrar and Transfer Agent from MCS Ltd to Sharex Dynamic ( India ) Limited, Unit No.1, Luthra Ind. Premises, Andheri Kurla Road, Safed Pool, Andheri ( East ) Mumbai 400 072, Tel No. 2851 5606/44 Fax 2851 2885, with effect from September 30, 2006.
-Lyka Labs Ltd has appointed Mr. D G Shah as Additional Director of the Company.
- Lyka Labs Ltd has re-appointed Shri. N. I. Gandhi as Managing Director of the Company w.e.f. 1st April, 2009, subject to approval of the Central Government.
- Lyka Labs Ltd has appointed Mr. Manish Jaywant as CFO w.e.f. June 01, 2010.