1995 - The Company was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 23rd
August, with an authorised capital of Rs.9,00,00,000/-.
Certificate of Commencement of business was obtained on 18/09/95.
The Company was promoted by Mr. T. Varadharajan, a computer
professional, Mr. R. Rajagopalan and their associates.
- Maars Software International Ltd is an Information Technology
Company engaged in system integration and turn-key solutions for
manufacturing industries. Information Technology involves
activities concerning computer software and hardware
- The company is presently involved in developing product
specifications for medium sized manufacturing industries,
developing customised application software for domestic clients
in manufacturing sector and gaining expertise in implementation
of Standard Application Software (SAP).
- The company has already installed 10 standalone personal
Computers with necessary softwares for carrying out its present
- The Company is proposing to equip its facility with a HP9000 Mini
Computer with 50 Nodes and specialised Software for Development
of Customized Applications essential for Manufacturing sectors.
The Company also provides Turn key Solution for Customers for
their IT requirements starting from concept to implementation.
- The Company is proposing to position itself as one of the leading
systems integrators in the area of manufacturing.
- The Company has entered into a Lease Agreement with Smt. N.
Visalakshi resident of 15, Giri Road, T.Nagar, Chennai.
- The Company has tied up with M/s. Siemens Information Ltd., the
Indian representative of SAP.
- The Company proposed to offer specialised training in SAP for
Customers in addition to Highend training being provided to
- The Company is the only software organisation in the country
offering training in SAP R/3 apart from SISL who represent SAP in
India. Thus MAARS will be the only organisation offering such
training for others in the near future.
1996 - The company has entered into an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
with M/s Cooks Systems Inc., at Memphis, TN, USA towards joint
execution of various projects in USA.
- The company has obtained necessary approvals from Reserve Bank of
India and Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs to setup a
Wholly Owned Subsidiary in USA to enhance market reach and
initial activities have already been commenced.
- The company is also entering into Strategic Business Relationship
with the organisations in Middle East, Singapore, Thailand and
- The Company issued Public Issue of 17,50,000 No. of Equity Shares
of Rs 10/- each for cash at par aggregating to Rs 1,75,00,000/-.
1997 - The Company made a major break through in the ERP segment by
launching its first ERP Product MAARSMAN, a Manufacturing
Solution for small and medium scale industries.
- The Company has simultaneously entered into a Memorandum of
Understanding with M/s. Aptech Ltd. for Marketing MAARSMAN at the
- Hi-Tech Software Services Inc. the wholly owned subsidiary of the
company has established itself as a growing software Consulting
firm in the United States.
1998 - CHENNAI-based Maars Software International Ltd, a leading
software development and consulting firm, is expanding its
overseas operations by setting up wholly-owned subsidiaries in
the United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia.
- The firm is also in the process of entering into tie-ups with
global players to offer integrated services covering areas like
e-commerce and supply chain management.
- It has a tie-up with Standard Application Product AG, Germany
through Siemens. It has also established a SAP centre of
excellence in the city.
- Maars has also developed a manufacturing solution software -
Maarsman for small and medium-scale industries. It covers the
entire spectrum of manufacturing activities. It has a tie-up
with Aptech for nationwide marketing.
- Maars Software is engaged in system integration and turn-key
solutions for manufacturing industries. The company is at
present involved in developing product specifications for
medium-sized manufacturing industries, developing customised
application software for domestic clients in manufacturing
sector and SAP implementation.
1999 - The Chennai-based Maars Software International Ltd has privately
placed 20 lakh shares to institutional investors at around Rs 250
- Maars Software International Ltd is setting up a software
technology centre at Padur near here for enterprise resource
planning (ERP) and euro currency related projects.
- The company had recently set up an electronic commerce training
center. Similar centers would be started in Bangalore and Baroda
within a week.
- The company allotted 20.80 lakh shares through preferential
process at a price of Rs 268 per share aggregating Rs 55.76
- MAARS tied up with IBM as their First e-business ATP.
- MAARS initially established a subsidiary at Charlotte, US, and
has subsequently set up branch offices at Chicago, the US and
Singapore. During the year it is setting up one more office at
Atlanta, the US, London, the UK and Sydney, Australia.
- The firm has entered into an agreement with CCG GmbH of Germany
for implementing and supporting SAP projects in Europe. Maars
has commenced operations in the area of e-business as IBM ATP
and has set up centres in Chennai, Bangalore, Baroda, Vijayawada
2000 - Maars has signed up with Pratt & Whitney and KPMG, UK for ongoing
implementation support and has taken up projects with them.
MAARS has become solution partner for Oracle in the Middle East
and has bagged three orders for implementation of Oracle
Financials and Manufacturing in Jordon and Dubai.
- The Company has launched its new product Esteem Payroll in the UK
market under Systematic brand name.
- The Company has signed an agreement with Oracle Corporation in
West Asia as CSP.
- The Company has launched Maarsman Compact, a plug-in-play ERP
product for small industries.
- The Company has entry into telecom segment, with an offering of 'Auantum:
Settlement' - an interconnection settlements management system for national
and international calls that provides for fast, flexible and accurate billing,
verification and settlements.
- The Chennai-based Maars Software International Ltd has been awarded the
Visvesvaraya Industrial Award by the Industrial Research and Development
Trust of All India manufacturers' Organisation.
2001 - The Company has formed a joint venture with AlYusuf Group of Muscat to tap the
Middle-East and North African markets for financial and insurance software services.
- Two Chennai-based software companies, Maars Software International Ltd. and
Mascon Global Ltd., are to merge. effective from January 1.
2002- Maars Software International Ltd has informed that Mr N R Kumar, Director of the company has resigned citing personal reasons from the Board of Directors of the company.
2003-Maars Software International Ltd has informed that Mr T V Subramanian, Director of the company has resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company
-Maars Software International Ltd. has informed that Mr G Muralidharan and Mr. P Anand has been appointed as Additional Directors of the Company.
-Maars Software International - Outcome of Board Meeting
1) Approved the issue of maximum of 50,00,000 equity shares under preferential allotment to various corporate bodies.
2) Approved the issue of equity shares for an equivalent amount of Rs.15,00,00,000/- (max. of) under preferential allotment to corporate bodies.
3) Approved the issue of equity shares to an equivalent amount of Rs.1,00,00,000/- (max. of ) under the preferential allotment to corporate bodies.
4) Approved the Issue of GDR for an amount not exceeding US $25 million.
5) Approved to enable the company to use the Share Premium account for adjustment of diminution in value of investment and receivable subject to necessay approvals if any required.
- Maars Software International Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on May 05, 2009, inter alia, has appointed Mr. Harshvardhan Singh Rathore as the Director of the Company.