Mar 31, 2015
1. Effective from 1st April 2014, the company has charged depreciation based on the revised remaining useful lives of the assets as per the requirement of Schedule II to the Companies Act 2013. Due to above, depreciation charged for the year ended March 2015, is lower and profit after tax is higher by Rs 88.48 Lakhs. An amount of Rs 57.03 Lakhs (net of deferred tax) has been recognized in the opening balance of retained earnings for the assets where remaining useful life as per Schedule II is Nil.
2. Segment Reporting
a) Business Segment - As the Company's business activity falls within a single primary business segment, viz "Metal", the disclosure requirements of Accounting Standard-17 "Segment Reporting" is not applicable.
b) Geographical Segment - The company primarily operates in India and therefore the analysis of geographical segments is demarcated into its Indian and overseas operations as under:
3.1 In terms of the scheme of arrangement under Section 391 to 394 of the Companies Act, 1956 ("the Scheme") between Manaksia Limited, Manaksia Aluminium Company Limited ("the Company") and other three transferee Companies, Manaksia Limited has demerged its business and undertakings namely; Aluminium Undertaking, Steel Undertaking, CMMC Undertaking and Packaging Undertaking to four separate transferee Companies. Pursuant to the Scheme as approved by Hon'ble High Court of Calcuta vide order dated 24th March 2014, received on 19th November 2014, the Aluminium undertaking of Manaksia Limited has been demerged into the company on a going concern basis with effect from 1st October 2013 being the appointed date. The certified copy of the said order of the high court has been filed with the Registrar of Companies, West Bengal on 23rd November, 2014 and as such the Scheme has become operational form that date.
3.2 The said transfer has been affected at the values appearing in the books of Manaksia Limited as at 30th September, 2013 and recorded as such in book of accounts of the Company. The book value of such assets and liabilities as on that date are detailed out below:
3.3 In terms of the Scheme 65,534,050 equity shares of Rs. 1/- each, fully paid-up, of the Company have been issued to the holders of equity shares of Manaksia Limited, whose names were registered in the register of members on the record date, without payment being received in cash, in the ratio of 1 (one) fully paid-up equity share of Rs. 1/- each of the Company for every equity share held in Manaksia Limited. Consequent to allotment, "Share Suspense Account" amounting to Rs. 655.34 Lacs has been transferred to "Share Capital". Further, in terms of the Scheme, Share Capital of Rs. 5 lacs prior to allotment of the above shares, has been transferred to Capital Reserve Account.
3.4 In terms of the scheme, excess of net assets so recorded, over the amount of share capital to be issued amounting to Rs. 10,509.16 lacs is recognised in these financial statements, as Reserves in the sequence hereunder:
- Firstly, as Security Premium
- The balance as General Reserves
3.5 In terms of the Scheme, Security Premium Account of the Manaksia Limited shall be apportioned among Manaksia Limited, the Company and the other three transferee Companies in proportion of the net assets of all the Companies.
4. The Company has made a provision of Rs. 108.62 Lacs (Previous Year Rs. 145.24 Lacs) towards Entry Tax in relation to mater under litigation/dispute as shown below:
5. Corresponding comparative figures for the previous year have been regrouped and readjusted wherever considered necessary to confirm to the current year presentation.
Current period figures are for 12 months ended 31st March 2015 and previous period figures include the results of Aluminium business of Manaksia Ltd from appointed date of demerger (i.e 1st October 2013) to the end of relevant financial year. Since the reporting period of operational units are not same, these figures are not comparable.