- The Company was incorporated on 13th October, under the name of Marico Foods Ltd. It obtained the Certificate of commencement of business on 22nd November.
- The Company is engaged in the business of manufacture and marketing of branded personal care products, edible oils, fabric care products and processed foods. The Company's products are sold under the brand names Parachute, Saffola, Sweekar, Marico's Hair & Care, Revive and Sil.
- The name of the Company was changed to Marico Industries Limited w.e.f. 31st October.
- In December, the Company entered into an agreement with M/s. Rasoi Industries Limited for purchase of its unit located at M.I.D.C. Industrial Estate, Jalgaon.
- The Company entered into a Registered Users Agreement dated 26th September, with BOIL for the use of the brands "Parachute" and "Saffola" for an initial period of 3 years commencing from 1st April.
- The Company established a new plant at Kanjikode, Palghat District, Kerala to manufacture Parachute Coconut Oil. This plant with capacity of 24000 tons of coconut oil per annum began commercial operation in May.
- The products Parachute Coconut Oil, Saffola and Sweekar are manufactured at the Company's factories. The products Marico's Hair & Care, Revive Instant Starch, Parachute Amla and Parachute Herbal are manufactured on job work basis as per the Company's quality
specifications and under the brand names of the Company.
- The Company has two SSI Units namely M/s. Amardeo Plastic Industries having its factory at Mumbai.
- The SIL range of jams and food products are manufactured by Kanmoor Foods Limited (KFL) and marketed by the Company.
- Saffola won the Most Outstanding `Brand of the Year' Award instituted by the Advertising Club of Mumbai.
- Agreements dated 21nd February 1994 and 16th November 1995 between the Company and The Bombay Oil Industries Ltd. for using the Trademark "Parachute" and Saffola".
- The Company has acquired the Brand `SIL' from KFL in March for an aggregate consideration of Rupees Three crores.
- Memorandum of Understanding dated 2nd January, between the Company and Karvy Consultants Ltd. agreeing to act as Registrars to the Issue.
- In March, the Company made a fresh issue of 10,00,000 equity shares of Rs.10/- each, at a premium of Rs.165/- per share, simultaneously with an offer for sale by the promoters of 26,25,000 equity shares of Rs.10/- each, at a premium of Rs.165/- per share.
- The Company decided to leverage on the strong equity of the Parachute brand through appropriate extensions. Accordingly, `Parachute Herbal' was launched.
- The Total Quality Movement within the Company has gathered speed and now embraces virtually all locations.
- The Company has made major investments in information technology, a process which began four years ago. Presently, all the establishments are covered by information technology and networked with the Corporate Office.
- The Company has acquired a formidable reputation for its HR practices and has been recognised by the National HRD Network in the recent past.
- Marico Industries has extended the Sweekar oil brand to introduce two new refined oils-Sweekar cotton seed oil and Sweekar mustard oil.
- The company has set up a factory near Jalgaon to process the cotton seeds and another factory near Jaipur for the mustard oil.
- The company has launched branded refined mustard oil and cotton seed oil refined under its brand name Sweekar Orange.
- Marico Industries has been one of the few success stories in the fast-moving consumer goods segment.
- The company has announced the extension of the Parachute brand name to other products in the hair care segment, thus making it an umbrella brand.
- Marico Industries has launched three new variants of coconut oil - light oil, nutra sheen liquid and nutra sheen creme-under the brand name Parachute.
- Marico Industries Limited, the Rs. 400 crore consumer goods company has been selected as a Top Performing Global Growth Company from India by the World Economic Forum, New Delhi.
- The company was originally a join venture between a Lever group company and Nissin of Japan, and its products were distributed through HLL's channels.
- Marico Industries Ltd has taken the lead in launching a refined oil in the soya segment with a new variant called Sweekar Refined Soya Oil.
- The company has recently launched a new variant in Postman called Sona, which is a sunflower oil.
- MIL launched an innovative fabric care product named Revive ColourFix which helps to fix the colour on cotton fabrics.
- The company has recently extended the brand equity of Parachute to coconut-based hair grooming products like Parachute Lite and Parachute Nutra-Sheen. The company is also considering testing Parachute branded products in international markets like Europe and America.
- Marico Industries Ltd is focussing on relaunching its SIL brands in its `healthcare' business, after a successful repositioning of its Saffola and Sweekar brand.
- The company is planning to introduce a range of vegetable soups.
- The company is planning to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary in Bangladesh shortly.
- Marico Industries (Marico) and The Bombay Oil Industries (BOIL) have reached an understanding in terms of which the brands, Parachute and Saffola are being assigned to Marico.
- ICRA has retained the `A1+' rating for the Rs. 7.5-crore commercial paper programme of the company.
- The company is planning to set up a local manufacturing unit is several other SAARC countries.
- The Company launched Parachute Dandruff Solution Coconut Hair Oil in Calcutta, the first oil to combine coconut oil with antidandruff properties in a single hair oil.
- The Company has launched the branded coconut oil in a tamper proof seal pack with a flip top cap.
- Marico Industries Ltd. has a tied up with the International Association of Trichologists (IAT), a non-profit organisation based in Australia.
- Marico Industries has launched the Revive Anti-Bacteria starch.
-Marico Industries Ltd has informed BSE that the Board approved the Issue of bonus redeemable preference shares of aggregate face value of Rs 290 million. Ratio -- 1:1 on equity enhanced after bonus issue of equity shares made by the Board on April 18, 2002 and approved by shareholders on July 18, 2002. The rate of dividend is 8% p.a.Increase in authorised share capital of the Company from Rs 300 million to Rs 600 million.
-Marico Industries Ltd have appointed Erehwon consultancy firm for initiatives of
innovation in marketing and management.
-Marico Industries have acquired a controlling equity interest in Sundari LLC.
-Marico Industries' popular edible oil brand 'Saffola' launches a fresh advertising campaign. The campaign by Grey Worldwide has a new tagline, Aaj se jeene ka andaaz sudhariye (Improve your lifestyle today), urges every Indian to take up healthy lifestyle. Earlier Saffola campaign used the tag line - Saffola Swasth ParivaarKe Dil Ki Dhadkan
-High Court of Judicature at Bombay approves the Scheme of Amalgamation of Anandita Arnav Trading & Investment Private Ltd, Madhav Nandini Trading & Investment Private Ltd, Rajvi Rishabh Trading & Investment Private Ltd and Rishabh Harsh Trading & Investment Private Ltd with Marico Industries Ltd on February 12, 2004
-Announces 1:1 bonus issue
- Marico Industries launches 'Saffola Gold, a blend of Ricebran and Kardi oils in a 70:30 ratio, which has dual benefits of lowering cholesterol and enabling food cooked in it to absorb lesser oil
-Marico industries has announced its foray into the beauty products segment with the launch of Silk-n-Shine, a post-wash haircare product
-Marico - MBL acquires soap brand Aromatic
-Marico introduces new Mediker Plus in southern market
-Marico arm buys toilet soap brand in Bangladesh
-Company has changed its name from Marico Industries Ltd. to Marico Ltd.
-Marico Ltd has informed that the Company has reached an agreement to acquire the brand 'Nihar' from Hindustan Lever Ltd (HLL). Nihar gas a current annualized turnover of about Rs 1200 million spread over two segments - coconut oil and perfumed hair oils.
-Marico Ltd has informed that the Company has acquired the Herbal Bath Soap brand "Manjal" from Oriental Extractions Pvt Ltd (Oriental) for an undisclosed consideration.
-Marico enters Egypt, acquires haircare brand Fiancee
-Marico Ltd has appointed Mr. Anand Kripalu as an Additional Non-Executive Director on the Board of Directors of the Company.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs.10/- to Rs.1/-.
-Marico "Uncommon Sense" Campaign won Gold EFFIE in Corporate Advertising Category Nihar Naturals and Saffola won Bronze each under Consumer Products Category
-Marico Limited has appointed Ms. Rachana Lodaya- Legal Manager, as Company Secretary and Compliance officer of the Company, with effect from August 01, 2008.
-Marico Jalgaon was awarded the CII National Water Management Award
-Marico was ranked 2nd in Sourcing Platform Benchmarking Program
-Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) - Marico won the 'Best in Class' Award (Second highest) for the Large Manufacturing category
-Marico won the Greentech Environment Excellence Award 2009 in the Silver Category in FMC
-Harsh Mariwala was awarded the Ernst & Young ÂEntrepreneur of the Year AwardÂ 2009 in the Manufacturing category.
- Marico - Marico enters Vietnam through investment in ICR.
- Marico Ltd has informed BSE that the name of the Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of the Company has been changed from Ms. Hemangi Wadkar to Ms. Hemangi Ghag.
- Marico to invest Rs 37 cr to set up facility in Bangladesh.
- Marico to acquire Paras personal care business from Reckitt .
- Marico - Marico completes acquisition of Halite Personal Car.
-Marico Ltd. - Marico's Dehradun Plant at Camp Road.
-Marico has decided to demerge its Kaya Skin Care business into a separate listed company called Marico Kaya Enterprises ( MaKE).
-Marico has launched Parachute Advansed Butter Smooth.
-The Registered office of the Company has been shifted from Rang Sharda, Krishnachandra Marg, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (West), Mumbai - 400 050, Maharashtra to 7th Floor, Grande Palladium, 175, CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai - 400 098.
-Livon Launched Livon Cream Conditioning Cream Color.
-Marico has launched a new campaign for its skin care brand Parachute Advansed
-Marico has launched a new campaign to introduce its next-generation Livon Serum with an ultra-lightweight formulation
-The Company has allotted the Bonus Shares to its shareholders in the Ratio of 1:1.