2000 - The Company was awarded the "Highest Exporter Award" in New Delhi.
- ICRA has assigned `LAAA' rating to the Rs. 200-crore long-term non-convertible debenture programme and `A1+' rating to the Rs.100-crore commercial paper programe of the company.
- The Company has launched a new Web site for its recently introduced passenger car, the Wagon-R - www.marutiwagonr.com.
- The Company has decided to introduce a new variant of the Zen specially designed for the handicapped by the end of the year.
- The Company will issue bonds for Rs 200 crore at ICICI Securities and Finance Ltd.
- The Company has proposed to set up a dealership on the Internet for the new models.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd and Ashok Leyland Ltd (ALL) have been selected for the IRTE National Award, in recognition of their efforts towards promoting the cause of road safety, traffic managemen and environment protection.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. has taken the Zen account away from Lintas Lowe & Partners and granted it to Rediffusion DY&R.
- The Company is launching Baleno's station wagon version - Baleno Altura on September 1.
- Maruti Udyog is launching the Wagon R with electric power steering in two variants.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. has discontinued two of its models - Maruti 1000 and Gypsy 1000 - as part of efforts to "rationalise" product range.
- Sumitomo of Japan is picking up a 47.5 per cent stake in a joint venture with Maruti Udyog Ltd for providing after sales care and service for Maurti vehicles.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. suspended vehicle production for two days on September 19 and 20 due to huge inventories of 12,000-odd units at the factory. The Company resumed the production on September 21.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. has introduced its long-awaited small car -- the Suzuki Alto in two versions, the 796cc Alto LX and the 1,061cc Alto VX 1.1.
- Production at the manufacturing facilities of Maruti Udyog Ltd. came to a grinding halt on 13th of October when the employees of the company refused to sign a `Good Conduct Undertaking'.
- Maruti Cars have overtaken hitherto popular Japanese brands to become the number one favourite among Sri Lankans.
- The Company has launched a programme in alliance with GE Capital to provide information on the company's vehicles and services.
- The Strike at the Gurgaon plant for over three months, relented and signed an agreemeent with the management.
- Rights issue of equity in Maruti Udyog Ltd, which would lead to an eventual sell-off of the Government's equity in the passenger car joint venture.
- Maruti Udyog is launching its first factory-fitted CNG vehicle in a bid to promote use of eco-friendly vehicles in the domestic market.
- Maruti Udyog sold 37,490 units in March 2001, 28 per cent more than in February, when it sold 29,569 passenger cars.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd. has awarded the Maruti Genuine Paints status to ICI Ltd's ICI Autocolor 2K.
- MARUTI Udyog will invest Rs 550 crore in the current fiscal besides targeting an over 24 per
cent rise in turnover at Rs 11,500 crore
- Government secures the involvement of FIs in its attempt to disinvest in Maruti Udyog Ltd.
- India's largest carmaker Maruti Udyog on on August 23rd launched a variant of its premium small car model 'Alto'. The new model 'Alto vxi' would be equipped with Maruti's true response electronic power steering which is safe and provides better steering control at high speed, a company official said.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd on September 24 notified its proposed voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) expected to trim its 5,700 strong workforce by around 20 per cent. Close to 1,000 employees shopfloor workmen and office staff can avail the month-long VRS aimed at boosting profitability.
-Maruti Udyog Ltd's first voluntary retirement scheme (VRS), which closed on October23, has found about 1,000 takers.
-The government on May 14, 2002 set into motion big-ticket disinvestment in 2002-03 by announcing a two-stage process to exit from Maruti Udyog Ltd, a joint venture with Suzuki Motor Company.
-Announcing the decision, Disinvestment Minister Arun Shourie said a Rs 400 crore rights issue to be completely picked up by Suzuki at Rs 3,280 per share will be accompanied by the Japanese auto major paying a control premium of Rs 1,000 crore for gaining a majority stake.
-Launches Maruti Finance to offer value-added services such as extended warranty, additional service, finance for car insurance and genuine Maruti accessories
-Steps into auto accessories business
-Hikes prices of its cars with effect from 28th Jan 2002
-Launches Versa, the multi purpose vehicle, in deluxe version
-Maruti Udyog in a tie up with Gas Authority of India enters into business of corporate lease and finance management under the brand name of N2N
-Ventures into pre owned cars business branded True value
-Introduces upgraded versions of Wagon-R
-Special edition of Maruti 800 car launched under the name Maruti 800 Special
-Stops production in one of its manufacturing plants and shifts most of its production to the other two for the next financial year
-Govt and Suzuki finalise pricing over Maruti Rights Issue
-Offers optional extended warranty cover for four years for all its vehicles purchased after April 1, 2002
-ICRA gives highest safety ratings to Maruti issue
-Extends its Maruti Finance service to customers in Maharashtra and Goa
-Bags 16,000 Alto export order from Europe
-Unveils Alto variant (Alto LXi) with electronic power steering
-Suzuki renominates Jagdish Khattar as MD
-Steps into lease and fleet management by signing up with leading corporates such as DuPont, Gas Authority of India (Gail), Reckitt & Benckiser and Sona Koyo which will help client companies in acquiring and maintaining their fleet
-Suzuki takes over control in Maruti Udyog by hiking its stake in the company from 50% to 54.2%, Maruti Udyog becomes the subsidiary of Suzuki
-Suzuki restructures the company's Board of Directors, appoints Shinzo Nakanishi as the new chairman and non-retiring part-time director. Jagadish Khattar continues to be MD
-Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) subscribes the rights issue of Maruti Udyog for Rs 399 crore
-Suzuki takes control of Maruti Udyog
-MUL, Daewoo, HM tie-up with Rohan Auto for LPG Kits
-Unveils WagonR Pride, special limited edition version of its premium small car WagonR
-Unveils Esteem Diesel version
-Maruti's market share hits an all-time low of 42 per cent in July
-Maruti ranked as the leading player in dealer service
-Unveils ' Change Your Life' campaign to attract customers
-Increases prices owing to higher input costs
-Ties up with Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and its group companies for its business of lease and fleet management
-Smart memory card rolled out by its service centre, Sharath Motors, can store information on the car's history, insurance, maintenance and all documents. The `Zoom' card comes with a personal accident cover for Rs 1 lakh
-Enters into an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI) under which, each of the 12,000 branches of India's largest commercial bank is expected to sell one car per month
-Launches its new AC version E2 M800 car
-Kicks off the scheme of rewarding existing Maruti vehicle owners with a Âloyalty bonusÂ ranging from Rs 8,000 to Rs 25,000 on exchange of their cars for a new Zen, WagonR, Alto, Esteem or Baleno
-Launches a new limited edition version of its small car, Alto. Named `Alto Celebration'
-Launches its new Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) 'Grand Vitara XL-7', the 2700 cc vehicle, priced at Rs 15.96 lakh for the standard version and Rs 16.77 lakh for the limited edition variant
-Forges a tie-up with State Bank of India (SBI) for offering co-branded financing option for buyers of Maruti vehicles (SBI-Maruti Finance)
-Rolls out its four millionth vehicle
-FIPB bans Overseas Corporate Bodies (OCB) from Maruti IPO
-Central government picks up 0.23 per cent equity owned by the employees' trust in Maruti Udyog Ltd. (MUL)
-Suzuki grants 10% discount on components to MUL
-Alto overtakes Zen, WagonR in growth during 2002-03
-Suzuki gives govt undertaking to hold min 26-pc in MUL post IPO
-MUL and Sumitomo Corp. of Japan increase their equity stakes to 49 per cent each in JJ Impex, a joint venture between the two, from around 47 per cent each
-Increases its car market share from 50% to about 55% in last fiscal
-Fixes Rs 115 as floor price for IPO
-Resumes full-scale production at Gurgaon plant
-Comes out with public issue, oversubscribed 7.82 times
-Achieves 30-pc market share of Jammu's used-car market
-Govt fixes Maruti IPO at Rs 125 per share
-Kumar Mangalam Birla inducted on Maruti board as Independent Director
-Gets listed at 25.6% premium at Rs 157, on the BSE
-Increases the cost of its family cars by around Rs 350-1,926
-Ties up with State Bank of Mysore (SBM) to offer car finance
-Appoints Mr. Manvinder Singh Banga, Chairman, Hindustan Lever Ltd., as the fourth independent director on the Board of the Company
-State Bank of Travancore (SBT) and Maruti Udyog Ltd (MUL) enter in to an agreement to provide low interest loan to the persons who intend to by range of Maruti cars
-Union Bank of India forges alliance with Maruti Udyog Ltd. for providing loans to Maruti's customers at competitive rates
-Clocks 3 lakh units of exports
-Company included in Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) India Index
-Slashes Alto model price by Rs 23,167 (ex showroom, Delhi)
-Forays into an alliance with State Bank of Saurashtra (SBS) to provide car finance
-Maruti Udyog Board approves VRS
-Maruti TrueValue, the company's used car outlets, started dealing with pre-owned cars of all manufacturers
-The company opened Aluminium foundry at Manesar, Harayana
-Unveils revamped Zen car
-Launches new version of Grand Vitara
-Maruti slashes workforce by 27% via VRS
-Rises volume car prices by Rs 2000
-MUL unveils new after-sales facility in Chennai
-Unveils Versa Variant At Rs 3.27 Lakh
-Introduces a new cut-price version of its Alto compact car on April 8th priced at Rs 2,30,000 to help buyers upgrade from the cheaper Maruti 800.
- Maruti Udyog reduces the down payment figure to Rs 21,000, for purchasing India's cheapest car Maruti 800 and extends the loan repayment period from seven to eight years which will bring down the equated monthly installment (EMI) to Rs 2,499 from Rs 2,599
-Ties up with MRF to boost motorsports in India
-Maruti unveils 'Bike to Car' scheme in Ahmedabad
-ARBL ties up with MUL for battery supply
-Maruti join hands with Indiatimes to buy and sell used cars
-Maruti Udyog Ltd's (MUL) ties with State Bank of India for car financing.
- Announces a price hike of Rs 2,000-3,000 across models all models except Maruti-800 on January 5, 2005.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd rolls out a new-look Maruti 800 with spruced up interiors and upgrades that enable it to meet superior emission norms.
-MUL sets up second driving school at Kollam
-MUL to sell cars form JV with Suzuki
-Maruti Udyog launches Swift in Delhi on May 25, 2005.
-Maruti Udyog introduces new Alto
-Maruti tops in IQS 2005 awards
-Maruti unveils scheme for Kerala Govt employees
-Indian car market leader Maruti Udyog on Feb 28, announced a price cut ranging between Rs 13,000-22,000 across five models, including M800 and Alto, following the cut in excise duty on small cars
-MUL unveils new WagonR in Punjab.
-Maruti Udyog Ltd has announced that the Company will unveil its stylish new Zen Estilo at a gala fashion show on New Delhi, tonight.
-Maruti Udyog Limited has informed that Mr. Tsuneo Kobayashi, a non-executive director, has been appointed as Whole-time Director designated as Senior Joint Managing Director. The Board of Directors in their meeting held on 22nd January, 2007 has approved the above.
-UTI Bank and Maruti have joined hands for giving car finance.
-Maruti Udyog Ltd on May 07, 2007 the Company has launched SX4 sedan, a bold, muscular and feature-packed car, powered by the global M-series engine and built on a brand new platform.
-Maruti Udyog Ltd has informed that Mr. Shinichi Takeuchi, Joint Managing Director was serving the Company's Board in the capacity of nominee director of Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), Japan.
- Company name has been changed from Maruti Udyog Ltd to Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has inducted Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa as Additional Director of the Company with effect from July 21, 2008.
- Maruti Suzuki Inks agreement with Mundra Port for a mega car
- Maruti's exports to Algeria crosses 50,000 units
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted From 11th Floor, Jeevan Prakash Building, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110001 To Plot No. 1, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi- 110070.
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ritz
- Maruti set to launch new MUV
- Maruti Suzuki launches Estilo with K-series engine and bold
- Maruti begins work on its 'made-in-India' car
- Maruti Suzuki launches new SX4 with VVT engine and automatic
- Maruti Suzuki has rolled out a its flagship CNG engine technology called 'intelligent-Gas Port Injection' or i-GPI on five popular models.
- Maruti Suzuki launched MPV Eeco at Rs 2.59 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL) created a record of sorts by reaching the landmark of producing 10-lakh cars in a year.
- Maruti Suzuki - Maruti Suzuki launched all-new WagonR - the blue eyed boy
- Volkswagen agreed to jointly develop products with Maruti
- Maruti sold over 1 lakh cars in May
- Maruti Suzuki - Maruti Suzuki launched Alto-K10
- Maruti launched new luxury model 'Kizashi'
- Maruti Suzuki India, which is the subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan, has been
able make it to the top in the passenger car market since its foundation in the year 1983
- Maruti Suzuki launched diesel variant of SX4
- Maruti Swift relaunched at a starting price of Rs 4.22 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki unveils the next generation all New Swift
- Italy's Fiat and the Japanese Suzuki Motor Corp have inked a deal that would allow Maruti Suzuki India to get one lakh diesel engines.
- India's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) launched a new variant of its compact car A-Star priced between Rs 3.67 lakh and Rs 4.47 lakh, costlier by Rs 1,000 from the current price.
- Maruti Suzuki launched its new and smaller version of its entry level sedan Swift DZire sedan starting at a price of Rs 4.70 and Rs 7.09 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Chief Minister, Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda inaugurates Institute of Driving and Traffic Research at Rohtak".
- Maruti Suzuki signs land deal with Gujarat Govt; to invest Rs 4,000 cr in 1st phase
- Maruti Suzuki invests in new age technologies, adopts tougher environment targets for 2012-2013
- Maruti launched new Ritz at Rs 5.31 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki acquires 600 acres of land to set up second facility in Gujarat
- Maruti Suzuki purchases land for 4th plant in Gujarat
- Maruti Suzuki releases new Wagon R model
-Maruti Suzuki introduces all new SX4 with improved fuel efficiency Price remains unchanged
-Maruti Suzuki's Swift Dzire and Ertiga bag India Design Mark: Good Design Award 2013
-Maruti Suzuki introduces "Ertiga Green" CNG model
-Maruti Suzuki unveils premium prowess with Concept CIAZ and Global SX4 S-CROSS
-Maruti Suzuki announces global debut of ÂCelerioÂ with revolutionary Auto Gear Shift
-Indian Railways and Maruti Suzuki flag-off IndiaÂs First Flexi Deck Auto-Wagon rake
-Maruti Suzuki introduces ÂCelerio GreenÂ with the acclaimed iGPI technology @ Rs 4.68 L
-Maruti Suzuki commissions 1MW photovoltaic Solar Power Plant @ Manesar
-Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga Limited Edition to mark sales of 150,000 units
-Maruti Suzuki launches special customer connect across its 3500 workshops through "Monsoon Fit Check" to help its customers enhance driving safety.
-Maruti Suzuki Green Award for Fuel Efficiency Company bags four titles ast at NDTV Car & Bike Awards 2015
-Foundation stone ceremony of vehicle manufacturing plant in Gujarat
-Maruti Suzuki launches NEXA: A New Premium Automotive Experience
-Maruti Suzuki launches its first premium cross-over, S-CROSS
-Maruti Suzuki introduces dual airbags and ABS on base models of Ciaz
-Maruti Suzuki India - Global launch of Premium Hatchback Baleno
-Maruti Suzuki launches auto gear shift equipped DZire Diesel.
-Maruti introduces Alto range with driver side airbag.
-Maruti Suzuki Alto touches historic 30 lakh sales milestone.
-Suzuki launches India-made Baleno in Japan.
-Maruti Suzuki India - Important milestones for Maruti Suzuki's driving training initiatives.
-Maruti crosses 15 lakh units milestone in cumulative exports.
-Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bags ICOTY 2017 award.