|The Company was promoted by wellknown group, Shriram. The Company got merged with Shriram Refrigeration Industries Ltd. in April 1992 and the name stands changed back to Shriram Industrial Enterprises Ltd.
Consequent to the amalgamation of erstwhile Shriram Industrial Enterprises Limited with Shriram Refrigeration Industries, the Company now has new units added to it and a review of operations of various units is as under.
1. Shriram Refrigeration Industries engaged in the production of AW Compressors and FHP Compressors.
2. Shriram Foods & Fertiliser Industries engaged in the production of caustic soda and stable Bleaching powder and vanaspati.
3. Mawana Sugar Works and Titawi Sugar Complex are the producers of Sugar.
4. Shriram Projects Engineering & Consultancy Services.
5. Shriram Honds Power Equipment Ltd. manufactures Portable Gensets.
The Company is having three subsidiaries namely, India Hard Metals Ltd, Shriram Financial Services Ltd. and Shriram Agro Industries.
-Delhi High Court approved Scheme of Arrangement of the Company with Siel Sugar Ltd, Shivajimarg Properties Ltd and Siel Holdings Ltd
-Siel Ltd has informed that Mr. R S Bedi has been co-opted as Additional Director on
the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from March 28, 2007.
- Siel Ltd has informed that Mr. Sunil Kakria has been co-opted as Additional Director on the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from December 12, 2007.
- Company name has been changed from SIEL Ltd to Mawana Sugars Ltd.
- The Company has got registration for the following three REC projects with "REC Registry of India
1. Mawana Sugar Works - 31.5 MW
2. Titawi Sugar Complex - 22 MW
3. Nanglamal Sugar Complex - 12.4 MW
-Mawana Sugars "Starting of sugar factories for season 2014-15".
-Mawana Sugars Ltd. - Commencement of Crushing Operations in all its units: Mawana Sugars Works, Naglamal Sugar Complex, Titawi Sugar Complex.
-Mawana Sugars Ltd. - Commencement of Crushing Operations.